The City of Wentzville’s Water Department will be flushing fire hydrants during a one-week period this fall, from October 28 to November 1. In case of inclement weather, fire hydrant flushing will take place the week of November 4 to 8.
By flushing our fire hydrants, we are able to remove most sedimentation from our water system while also inspecting the fire hydrants to ensure they are in proper operating condition. A brief description of the affected areas are listed below (this list is not exhaustive):
- Day 1, Monday, Oct. 28: Corporate Parkway, Crosswinds Drive, Callahan Road, Continental Drive, Wentzville Heights, Pearce Extension, and Resource Drive
- Day 2, Tuesday, Oct. 29: East Pitman Avenue, Tuscany Trails, Fox Ridge, Westwind, and Midland Park
- Day 3, Wednesday, Oct. 30: Edinger Road, Sachs Business Park, Shockdrake Business Park, Route A, Parr Road, Hamilton Court
- Day 4, Thursday, Oct. 31: RK Stratman, Silvercote, Hidden Valley, Brookshire Creek – east and west, Picket Fence to Ballantrae, Villages at Stonegate
- Day 5, Friday, Nov. 1: Highland Estates, Stone Ridge Canyon (Appalachian Drive, Lost Canyon Court, Lost Canyon Boulevard, Mule Creek Drive) Timber Trace, Majestic Oaks, Peine Lake Estates, Hickory Hollow, customers east of Highway 61 up to Wentzville’s Reclamation Center.
It is possible to experience some discoloration in the water while the flush is occurring. We recommend you refrain from doing any laundry on the day that we will be in your area. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Water Division at (636) 639-7543.