The Wentzville School District Board of Education has approved the calendar for the upcoming school year, 2016-2017.
First day of classes will be Thursday, August 11, with the first quarter ending on October 14, second quarter ending on December 21, and third quarter on March 10. School ends for the high schools on May 23, and K-8 on May 24. Graduation is scheduled for May 20.
Schools will not be in session the following days:
- September 2, teacher professional development
- September 5, Labor Day
- October 27 (K-8 only), parent/teacher conferences
- October 28, earned day off
- November 8, teacher professional development
- November 23-25, Thanksgiving break
- December 22 – January 3, winter break
- January 16, Dr. Martin Luther King Day
- January 17, teacher professional development
- February 20, Presidents Day
- February 21, teacher professional development
- March 17, teacher professional development
- March 20 – 24, spring break
- April 19 (seniors only), senior day
High school parent/teacher conferences are scheduled for the evening of September 29, and K-8 conferences during the evening of October 26 and all day on October 27.
Make-up days for weather cancellations have been added to the end of the school year, May 24 to June 8.