Looking for some fun things to do this weekend? 70 West Sentinel has rounded up some family-friendly activities in St. Charles County, including a mystery dinner theater, dog swim at Alligator’s Creek, and a car show.
Want your event included in our weekend round-up? Just send your information to tammy@70WestSentinel.com.
Friday, September 9
- Bingo, doors open 5 p.m., games start at 7 p.m., American Legion Post 323, Wentzville. Smoking and nonsmoking available, 50/50, attendance prizes, concessions available.
- Public Stargazing, 7 p.m., Broemmelsiek Park. Weather permitting, telescopes available. Free, registration required for large groups.
- Late Skate, Bike, and Scooter, open until midnight, Youth Activity Park, Dardenne Prairie. Cost $8 – 10.
Saturday, September 10
- Lake Saint Louis Farmers and Artists Market, 8 a.m. to noon. Meadows shopping center parking lot.
- Saturday Morning Chess Club, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Middendorf-Kredell Branch Library, 2750 Highway K, O’Fallon. Drop in for a friendly game of chess, no registration required.
- Story Time, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Deer Run Branch Library, O’Fallon. Ages 2 – 7, families welcome. Stories, cookies and milk.
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Broemmelsiek Park, 1795 Highway DD, Defiance. Free event offers skills clinics, guided trail rides, safety inspections, prizes. First 50 registered gets a free goodie bag.
- STEMology: Paleontology, 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Middendorf-Kredell Library. Stories, crafts and activities about dinosaurs. Grades K-5, no registration needed.
- Pool Paws Dog Swim, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Alligator’s Creek Aquatic Center, O’Fallon Civic Park. $10 per dog with one person. $3 additional per person. Register at www.ofallon.mo.us/parks&rec/special-events.
- Bananas Pianos with Makey Makey, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., Corporate Parkway Library. Make bananas into a piano. Registration online.
- Wentzville Community Club Bingo, doors open at 4 p.m., games begin at 6:30 p.m. Wentzville Community Club, 500 West Main. Must be 16 years old to play. Concessions available.
- Movie Mystery Dinner Theatre, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Green Lantern Center, Wentzville. Three course meal served between scenes. Supports the Green Lantern Transportation Committee. $20 admission, $30 per couple. Call Judy Hinkle at 636-219-4263.
- Disc Golf Glow Tournament, 7 p.m., Quail Ridge Park, 560 Interstate Drive, Wentzville. Day-of registration only. $10 per person.
Sunday, September 11
- Wentzville Community Club Flea Market, 6 a.m., 354-388 West Main Street, Wentzville. 400 vendor spaces. No animals allowed.
- Patriot’s Day Run, 8 a.m., Carshield Field, Rascals BallPark, O’Fallon. More information at www.kofcpatriotdayrun.com or by contacting the Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 636-439-7792.
- Remembrance Walk, 9 a.m., starting from First Responders Memorial outside O’Fallon City Hall. Register at www.ofallon.mo.us/volunteer. First 200 registered receive flags. Registration available day of event.
- Citizens United in Service, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., various projects in O’Fallon. Register at www.ofallon.mo.us/volunteer.
- SCC Cougar Car Show, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Red Parking Lot, St. Charles Community College.
- Hill of Thrills Soapbox Race, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., Meyer Road in front of Progress Park, Wentzville. Children between 4 and 5 feet tall, 55 to 120 pounds, can race. $10 resident, $13 nonresident. Rain date September 18.