Looking for some fun things to do this weekend? 70 West Sentinel has rounded up some family-friendly activities in St. Charles County, including a library story hour and a trail work day.
Want your event included in our weekend round-up? Just send your information to tammy@70WestSentinel.com.
Friday, May 13
- Bingo, doors open 5 p.m., games start at 7 p.m., American Legion Post 323, Wentzville. Smoking and nonsmoking available, 50/50, attendance prizes, concessions available.
- Public Stargazing, 7 p.m., Broemmelsiek Park. Weather permitting, telescopes available. Free, registration required for large groups.
Saturday, May 14
- Wentzville’s Walk to STOP Heroin, 8 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. walk begins at Heartland Park, ends at Law Enforcement Center. All are welcome to participate.
- Lake Saint Louis Farmers and Artists Market, 8 a.m. to noon. Meadows shopping center parking lot.
- Saturday Morning Chess Club, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Middendorf-Kredell Branch Library, 2750 Highway K, O’Fallon. Drop in for a friendly game of chess, no registration required.
- Trail Work Day, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Matson Hill Park, 670 Matson Hill Road, Defiance 63341. Volunteer to help develop and maintain the parks trail system. Bring gloves, boots, safety glasses. Register online.
- Story Time, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Deer Run Library. Ages 2-7, families welcome. Stories, milk and cookies, and play time.
- Wentzville Community Club Bingo, doors open at 4 p.m., games begin at 6:30 p.m. Must be 16 years old to play. Concessions available.
Sunday, May 15
- Wentzville Community Club Flea Market, 6 a.m., 354-388 West Main Street, Wentzville. 400 vendor spaces. No animals allowed.
- Hiking at Indian Camp Creek Park, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Two- to five-mile hikes at casual pace to look for signs of wildlife and identify flora. Register online.