Looking for some fun things to do this weekend? 70 West Sentinel has rounded up some family-friendly activities in St. Charles County, including “Zootopia” and food trucks at St. Charles Community College.
Want your event included in our weekend round-up? Just send your information to tammy@70WestSentinel.com.
Friday, June 24
- BBQ at Wentzville VFW Post 5327, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., 1414 Highway Z, Wentzville. Dine in or carry out. $10 plates.
- Food Truck Frolic and “Zootopia,” 5 p.m., St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive in the blue lot. Also vendors and live music.
- Bingo, doors open 5 p.m., games start at 7 p.m., American Legion Post 323, Wentzville. Smoking and nonsmoking available, 50/50, attendance prizes, concessions available.
- Public Stargazing – Mars Featured Planet, 7 p.m., Broemmelsiek Park. Weather permitting, telescopes available. Free, registration required for large groups.
- Skateboard Midnight Ride, 10 p.m. to 12 a.m., Youth Activity Park, 7801 Dardenne Prairie. Must have 25 skaters in attendance by 8:30 p.m. Included with daily fee.
Saturday, June 25
- Lake Saint Louis Farmers and Artists Market, 8 a.m. to noon. Meadows shopping center parking lot.
- Saturday Morning Chess Club, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Middendorf-Kredell Branch Library, 2750 Highway K, O’Fallon. Drop in for a friendly game of chess, no registration required.
- First Time Ride Clinic, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., Youth Activity Park, 7801 Highway N, Dardenne Prairie. 30-minute guided tour with riding tips for skateboarders, scooter and BMX riders. Register online.
- Outdoor Days, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Frontier Park, St. Charles. Free activities
- Story Time, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Deer Run Library. Ages 2-7, families welcome. Stories, milk and cookies.
- Story Time, 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Middendorf-Kredell Library. Ages 3-6. Stories, songs and activities.
- Introduction to Agility with your Dog, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Middendorf-Kredell Library. Demonstration and explanation of dog agility. DO NOT bring your dog. Register online.
- Wentzville Community Club Bingo, doors open at 4 p.m., games begin at 6:30 p.m. Must be 16 years old to play. Concessions available.
- Live music and food trucks, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Heritage Museum, 1630 Heritage Landing, St. Peters.
- Concert, “Trixie Delight,” 7 p.m., with kids’ activities, food trucks, and zumba at 6 p.m, Winghaven Boardwalk Park & Gardens Amphitheater, 7435 Village Center Drive., O’Fallon.
Sunday, June 26
- Wentzville Community Club Flea Market, 6 a.m., 354-388 West Main Street, Wentzville. 400 vendor spaces. No animals allowed.
- O’Fallon History Tour Sunday, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Three historic sites in O’Fallon open for tours: Zumwalt’s Fort and the Heald Home in Fort Zumwalt Park ($5 admission) and the O’Fallon Historical Society’s Log Cabin Museum (free admission, donations accepted).