Looking for some fun things to do this weekend? 70 West Sentinel has rounded up some family-friendly activities in St. Charles County, including a festival in Frontier Park, two free outdoor movie events, and lots kids’ activities.
Want your event included in our weekend round-up? Just send your information to tammy@70WestSentinel.com.
Friday, August 28
- Free movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, at dusk on the lawn outside of the Technology Building at St. Charles Community College. Food trucks from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Stargazing at Broemmelsiek Park, 1615 Schwede Road, Wentzville. Weather permitting, starts at dusk. St. Charles County Parks Department and the Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri. Free admission, advance registration required for large groups.
Saturday, August 29
- Lake Saint Louis Farmers and Artists Market, 8 a.m. to noon. Meadows shopping center parking lot.
- Saturday Morning Chess Club, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Middendorf-Kredell Branch Library, O’Fallon. No registration required, just drop in and play! Ages 12 and up.
- 2nd Annual CFO Kids Fun Fest, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Cottle Fire Protection District Station 1, 1385 Motherhead Road, St. Charles. Bounce houses, petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, firetrucks and police cars on display, food and beverages on sale, vendors. Proceeds benefit Unlimited Play’s McAuley Playground.
- Kids Block Party, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., St. Charles Convention Center, One Convention Center Plaza, St. Charles 63303. Inflatables, arts and crafts, games and music for the kids; Info on health, nutrition and safety for the parents. Free.
- Race for the Rivers Festival, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Frontier Park, St. Charles. Water education, food, music, and fun. Cheer on the competitors of two Missouri River paddling events as they finish their races at Frontier Park.
- Music and Food Trucks at the Museum, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., St. Charles Heritage Museum, 1630 Heritage Landing, St. Peters. Leland’s Road Band entertains.
- Movie Night at the Fire House, Home at 7:30 p.m., Lake Saint Louis Fire Protection District. Bring blankets and lawn chairs. Free popcorn and snow cones.
- Moonlight Mountain Bike Ride, 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Broemmelsiek Park, 1615 Schwede Road, Wentzville. Free admission, Riders must wear a helmet and have a light. Register online.
Sunday, August 30
- Wentzville Community Club Flea Market, 6 a.m., 354-388 West Main Street, Wentzville. 400 vendor spaces. No animals allowed.