James Andrzejewski, an English teacher at Timberland High School, has been selected as the Wentzville School District Teacher of the Year for 2015-16.
Candidates are judged on the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues. Selection is also based on their ability to inspire and educate students of all backgrounds and abilities.
“I’m floored and flattered,” Andrzejweski shared following the announcement. “Considering the caliber of teachers we have at Timberland and across the District, I’m honestly speechless. It is a tremendous honor.”
“Jim Andrzejewski has been an influential part of the growth of Timberland High School,” said THS Principal Kyle Lindquist. “He continually puts smiles on the faces and impacts students and staff on a regular basis.”
As the winner of the District Teacher of the Year, Mr. Andrzejewski is now eligible to compete at the regional and state level in the Missouri Teacher of the Year program, which is conducted annually by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in conjunction with the National Teacher of the Year program.
During the District Teacher of the Year process, each school in the District also selected their Teacher of the Year:
- Holt High School – Stephanie Moss
- Liberty High School – Decorah Braile
- Timberland High School – Jim Andrzejewski
- Frontier Middle School – Julie Post
- South Middle School – Jessica Ballard,
- Wentzville Middle School – Christina Wilson-Smith
- Boone Trail Elementary – James Bruegenhemke,
- Crossroads Elementary – Kris Weber
- Discovery Ridge Elementary – Rachel Fitzgibbon,
- Duello Elementary – Danielle Todd
- Green Tree Elementary – James Povich,
- Heritage Primary – Megan Sutton
- Heritage Intermediate – Stacey Bradshaw,
- Lakeview Elementary – Julia Tevlin
- Peine Ridge Elementary – Erin Polman,
- Prairie View Elementary – Rachel Hopkins
- Quail Ridge Early Childhood – Sonja Trower