Looking for some fun things to do this weekend? 70 West Sentinel has rounded up some family-friendly activities in St. Charles County, including the opening of drive-through light shows in O’Fallon and Wentzville.
Want your event included in our weekend round-up? Just send your information to tammy@70WestSentinel.com.
Friday, November 25
- Christmas Traditions, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Historic Main Street, St. Charles. Christmas Traditions begins its 2016 season with the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus and the opening ceremonies. Santa parade at 1:30 p.m. from 1000 South Main to Frontier Park. Jack Frost and Friends, 7 p.m. at Berthold Square. Marshmallow Roast with the Legends of Christmas, 7 p.m. at Bike Stop Café. Candlelight procession to the gazebo, 8:45 p.m.
City of St. Charles Tree Lighting, 5 p.m., Berthold Square (corner of South Main and First Capitol). Singing and free wassail.
- Bingo, doors open 5 p.m., games start at 7 p.m., American Legion Post 323, Wentzville. Smoking and nonsmoking available, 50/50, attendance prizes, concessions available.
- Celebration of Lights, Fort Zumwalt Park, O’Fallon, opens for the season and runs through December 30. Closed Christmas Day, closed to vehicle traffic on Mondays. Hours: Sunday, Tuesday through Thursday, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. $10 per car, $7 on Tuesdays. $1 off with canned food donation.
- Holiday Night Lights Drive-Thru, Rotary Park, Wentzville, opens for the season. $8 per vehicle up to six passengers, $1 per additional. Open Thursday through Sunday, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., November 25 – December 11; open nightly from December 15 to December 30. Closed December 25. Walk-through on December 5.
- Public Stargazing, 7 p.m., Broemmelsiek Park. Weather permitting, telescopes available. Free, registration required for large groups.
Saturday, November 26
- Saturday Morning Chess Club, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Middendorf-Kredell Branch Library, 2750 Highway K, O’Fallon. Drop in for a friendly game of chess, no registration required.
- Christmas Traditions, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Historic Main Street, St. Charles. Santa parade at 1:30 p.m. from 1000 South Main to Frontier Park. Jack Frost and Friends, 7 p.m. at Berthold Square. Candlelight procession to the gazebo, 8:45 p.m.
- Wentzville Community Club Bingo, doors open at 4 p.m., play starts at 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 27
- Wentzville Community Club Flea Market, 6 a.m., 500 West Main Street, Wentzville. 400 vendor spaces. No animals allowed.
- Christmas Traditions, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., Historic Main Street, St. Charles. Santa parade at 1:30 p.m. from 1000 South Main to Frontier Park. Caroling at the Gazebo at 4:30 p.m.