The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, July 4 – 10, 2018.
- T & D Tavern, 3152 Highway T – score 90
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt). PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt). Frigidaire in kitchen at 52 F and Walk In at 55 F. Potentially hazardous foods to be removed if 41 F or lower can not be maintained in refrigerator or walk in.
- Cecil Whittaker’s, 1155 Wentzville Parkway Ste. 131 – score 95
Certification not present. Owner to verify certification. Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed drip at far compartment of 3 comp sink collecting in dish tray. Plumbing leak to be repaired
- Target grocery and cafe, 1883 Wentzville Parkway – both scored 100
- Sam’s Club concession/cafe, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- Rizzo’s Bar and Grill, 1155 Wentzville Parkway Ste. 145 – score 100
- Pezzimenti’s Cafe, 1798 Mall Parkway – score 100
- Panda Express, 1985 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, 130 Crossroads South Drive – score 100
- St. Giana Catholic Church, 450 East Highway N – score 100
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, 2675 Highway K – score 95
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, 2675 Highway K – follow up, in compliance
Walk in refrigerator has been repaired and is in full working condition. All temperatures of food items taken in the walk in cooler were 40F or below.
- Dairy Queen, 817 North Main Street – score 100
- Arby’s Roast Beef, 705 Highway K – score 98
- Taco Bell, 603 South Main Street – score 92
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed single service items and food items in boxes on the floor in the dry storage area, walk-in refrigerator, and walk-in freezer. All items should be stored 6 inches above the floor. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed a sticky residue on the shelving located above the 3 compartment sink. Shelves should be regularly cleaned. This is a repeat violation. Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed a large hole around the plumbing fixture underneath the hand sink located in the drive thru. Plumbing should be well maintained and in good repair. Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed excessive boxes and unnecessary non-food related items in the dry storage area in the back. These items include a large trash can holding shovels, pesticide containers, etc. Observed excessively dirty floors including uneaten food items and trash underneath shelving in the dry storage area, food prep area, and drive thru area. Floors should be cleaned and maintained regularly for the overall cleanliness of the facility. This is a repeat violation.
- Good News Brewing, 330 Sonderen Street – score 100
- Burger King, 609 South Main Street – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirty shelving near the 3 compartment sink that has a sticky food residue on them. This is a repeat violation. Observed excessive grease on floors and underneath the fryers. This is a repeat violation. No trash observed on the flooring from last inspections violation.
- Crazy Bowls & Wraps, 2119 Highway K – score 100
- Massa’s Bar & Grill, 3072 Winghaven Boulevard – score 89
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Items in Pizza prep reach in and Salad Prep reach in are holding temp 47 to 49 degrees F. The product held in these coolers is small volume and is to be quickly rotated out of these coolers until the units are proven to hold at or below 41 F. Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Plastic strips at rear open door allow for pest entry. Dishes and utensils to be protected from misc sources of contamination. Dishes and utensils should be washed if hey become contaminated during storage. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed inside of ice machine basin in need of cleaning. Inside of microwave in need of cleaning. This inspection is a follow up to complaint 18-006523. Walk in cooler has be repaired and is holding 40 F.
- Moudy’s Bar & Grill, 2151 West Terra Lane – follow up, in compliance
- Sonic Drive-in, 312 South Main Street – score 84
Food uncovered with the risk of cross-contamination 5(pnt) – Observed food items located in the cold holding unit on the cooks line not covered and with cross-contamination. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed excessive build-up and residue all over the syrup bottles, fans in the cook line area, and on the shelving near the 3 compartment sink. The shelving near the three compartment sink is a repeat violation. Store should clean regularly. Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed a build up of boxes near the back door, and trash in the chemical storage area. Clean and maintain floors regularly to maintain cleanliness of store. Observed no 2018 Food Establishment License posted. Observed no recent inspection report posted in a conspicuous place for the public to review. Previous violation of cleaner stored above food items has been fixed. However, there is a repeat violation of shelves still having a sticky residue.
- Walnut Grill, 4401 Highway K – score 90
Sink not in food preparation area or convenient for employees 5(pnt) – In dishwashing area. Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt). In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – Stored vin stationary cold water. Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – End of line r/in cooler, Drain under ice storage not set up, facility uses bucket too catch water. Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – damaged concrete floors floors in kitchen area, Cove base under dish machine damaged
- Dos Primos, 624 North Main Street – score 98
- The Shack, 2931 Highway K – follow up
Gloves not use for only one task REPEAT. Talked about personal hygiene, Cleaning facility during food prep hours, Pasteurized eggs. Bare hand TCS food contact
- Delmar Gardens of O’Fallon, 7068 Outer 364 – score 98
- The Christy , 9000 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Garden Villas of O’Fallon, 7092 South Outer 364 – score 100
- The Penalty Box Bar & Grill, 603 North Main Street – score 100
- A Little Bit of Hobo’s, 468 Highway P – score 100
- Yacht Club of St. Louis, 105 Lake Village Drive – score 95
OBSERVED DISHMACHINE NOT DISPENSING SANITIZER. SERVICE COMPANY HAS BEEN CONTACTED. MACHINE TO BE REMOVED FROM SERVICE UNTIL CORRECTED. WILL FOLLOW UP TO VERIFY CORRECTION. MACHINE SHOULD DISPENSE CHLORINE AT CONCENTRATION OF 50-100 PPM. REINSPECT FOR DISHMACHINE NOT DISPENSING SANITIZER.
- Yacht Club of St. Louis, 105 Lake Village Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Steak N Shake, 3909 Mexico Road – score 91
OBSERVED NO PERSON IN CHARGE WITH MINIMUM 5 YEAR FOOD SAFETY MANAGER CERTIFICATION. OBSERVED MAYO BASED COLESLAW HELD AT 46 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT IN REACH IN COOLER ON FRYER SIDE. PHF MUST BE HELD AT 41 DEGREE OF LOWER. AIR TEMP FOR COOLER FOUND AT 48 DEGREES F. COLESLAW DISCARDED. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. CLEAN AT INCREASED FREQUENCY. OBSERVED CORNERS OF FLOORS AND FLOORS THROUGHOUT WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. CLEAN AT INCREASED FREQUENCY. OBSERVED CAN OPENER BLADE WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. CLEAN AT INCREASED FREQUENCY. REINSPECTION FOR COLD HOLDING TEMPERATURE ON REACH IN UNIT BY DRIVETHROUGH/FRYER WALL
- Steak N Shake, 3909 Mexico Road – follow up
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – cooler still not maintaining temperature at 41 degrees F or lower. Will check back after maintenance has completed work order. Cooler found at 46 degrees F with thermapen thermometer. Follow up performed for improper cold holding on a reach in cooler. Cooler not corrected. Will perform second follow up on Thursday.
- Fratelli’s Ristorante, 2061 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Boschertown Bar & Gril, 3545 North Highway 94 – score 98
- Boat House Food & Deck, 601 North Score – score 100
- Quintessential on the River, 6257 Highway V – score 90
OBSERVED HANDSINK IN BAR WITH ITEMS INSIDE THE SINK. SINKS MUST REMAIN UNBLOCKED FOR USE. OBSERVED NONFUNCTIONING HANDSINK IN KITCHEN LOCATION. ONLY OTHER HANDSINK IS LOCATED IN BACK DISHMACHINE AREA. AERATOR FOUND CLOGGED AND REMOVED. HOT WATER HANDLE ALSO FOUND WITH LOOSE SCREW. BOTH ITEMS CORRECTED AND HANDSINK OPERATIONAL. DISHMACHINE SANITIZER PUMP FOUND OPERATING CORRECTLY, BUT TESTING AT 0 PPM CHLORINE. SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE BASED SANITIZER CONCENTRATION MAY BE WEAKENED BY ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS. NO OTHER AVAILABLE SANITIZER ON HAND. DISCONTINUE USE UNTIL NEW SANITIZER CAN BE TESTED FOR EFFECTIVENESS. CONSIDER SWITCHING TO SMALLER CONTAINERS TO PREVENT WEAKENING OF SOLUTION.
- Nagel’s BBQ at Lady Di’s, 630 North Kingshighway – score 98
- Artistic Affairs Catering, 1336 Caulks Hill Road – follow up, in compliance
- Stefanina’s Pizzeria & Restaurant, 8645 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- Lady Di’s Diner, 630 North Kingshighway – score 96
Observed servsafe posted, but individual not currently working. Individual with food safety management certification must be on hand to cover all shifts of the operation. Observed grease/debris accumulation surrounding fryer location. Clean at increased frequency.
- Magpie’s, 903 South Main Street – score 98
- RT Weiler’s, 201 North Main Street – score 95
Bare hands contact with RTE food 5(pnt) – Observed bare hand contact with ready to eat food.
- Pine Room Bar, 1102 Perry Street – score 98
- Amerisports Bar and Kitchen, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- Bugatti’s, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- Landmark Buffet, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 98
- Conference Center, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- Falcon Diner, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- Pearls Oyster Bar, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- Star Club, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 98
- Production Kitchen, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- TDR, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- Asia, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 100
- Friedens United Church of Christ, 1703 South Old Highway 94 – score 95
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE AT 0PPM. ESTABLISHMENT WILL USE THE 3 COMPARTMENT SINK AND PUT A SIGN ON DISHWASHER UNTIL IT IS FIXED.
- Firehouse Subs, 4508 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Subway, 3949 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 91
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED TEMPERATURES IN REACH IN COOLER BY BREAD OVEN AT 50 DEGREES. Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – OBSERVED GAP AT THRESHOLD AT BACK DOOR
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from May 2018:
- Oberweis Dairy, 7090 Mexico Road – score 100
- O’Charley’s, 3975 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Old Hickory Golf Club, 1 Dye Club Drive – score 98 (May 23), score 100 (May 25)
- Papa Murphy’s, 571 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 94
- Patty’s Catering service, 2129 Parkway Drive – score 100
- Petro Mart, 6095 Mexico Road – score 85 (May 2), score 98 (May 15)
- Pizza Hut, 4219 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 939 Jungermann Road – score 98
- The Rice Bowl, 7895 Mexico Road – score 100
- Rich’s Place, 4149 Highway 94 South – score 100
- Scooter’s Coffee, 322 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Shamrock’s Pub N Grill, 4177 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- Shop N Save, 100 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Silver Moon Saloon, 12-14 Harvester Square – score 100
- South 94 Bistro, 3004 South St. Peters Parkway Ste. A – score 96
- St. Peters Golf Course, 200 Salt Lick Road – scorer 100
- Lakeside 370 Park Gator Island Grill, 1000 Lakeside Park Drive – score 95
- Steak N Shake, 5885 Suemandy Drive – score 98
- Stefanina’s Express, 652 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Subway, 272 Mid Rivers Center – score 95 (May 18), score 100 (May 31)
- Subway, 2955 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Taco Bell, 4120 Mexico Road – score 100
- The Cove Concession Stand, 5270 Mexico Road – score 100
- The Goddard School, 700 Old Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Third Wheel Brewing, 4008 North Service Road – score 100
- Twisted Commissary, 4053 North St. Peters Parkway Ste. A – score 100
- Villages of St. Peters Memory Care, 5300 Executive Centre Parkway – score 100
- Villages of St. Peters, 5400 Executive Centre Parkway – score 100
- Walmart Supercenter meat, refrigerated, 1661 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Wendy’s, 1676 Jungermann Road – score 91 (May 3), score 98 (May 15)
- White Castle, 4201 Veterans Memorial Parkway Ste. 38 – score 96
- Wild Poppy Atelier, 230 Jungermann Road – score 95