The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, July 18 – 24, 2018.
- McDonald’s, 21700 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 95
Observed excessive amount of live flies in food prep and dishwashing area. Talked about personal hygiene
- American Food & Vending GM Main Kitchen, 1500 Highway A – score 100
- Bear Creek Golf Club, 158 Bear Creek Drive – score 90
Employee with Food Safety Certification to be at restaurant any time facility is open. Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Food contact surfaces being cleaned with Clean Force all purpose cleaner. Sanitizing agent not in use. Will check back with chef 7/23/2018 to follow up on sanitizer availability.
- Texas Roadhouse, 15150 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 95
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt). Discussed usage and placement of personal items such as drinks. Discussed small leak at service hand sink. Discussed sanitizing of surfaces
- Jack in the Box, 1992 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Wentzville One Stop Shop, 401 East Pearce Boulevard – score 95
Food safety certification expired by about 1 month. Employee scheduled to re certify. Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt)
- Waffle House, 1131 West Pearce Boulevard – score 98
Lake Saint Louis
- Lake Forest Golf & Country Club, 300 Yard Drive – score 90
Food safety certified employee not present at time of inspection. 2 Employees scheduled for class. Employees not washing hands, properly 5(pnt). Sanitizer non detect in dish machine at time of inspection
- Great Wall, 131 Civic Center Drive – score 100
- McDonald’s, 885 Robert Raymond Drive – score 91
Employees wearing more jewelry than a plain ring, on arms or hands 2(pnt). Current Food Permit not Posted for public view. Last inspection report not posted. Premise remodeled recently without submitting plans for review and approval from St. Charles County Health Department
- Taco Bell, 901 Robert Raymond Drive – score 100
- Walmart deli, 6100 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 98
- Bandana’s BBQ, 3446 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 86
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISH WASHER NOT HEAT SANITIZING. No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO THERMOLABEL TO MEASURE HEAT SANITIZING FOR DISHWASHER. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CAN OPENER HEAVILY SOILED. Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER LEAKING
- Bandana’s, 3446 Pheasant Meadow Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Golden Corral, 1302 Bramblett Road – score 91
- Pathways Assisted Living Facility, 161 Pieper Road – score 100
- Wingstop, 8610 Mexico Road – score 88
Observed no manager on duty who was a Certified Food Protection Manager. At least one staff member on duty should be a Certified Food Protection Manager. Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Observed sanitizer buckets and other items sitting in the handsink. Handsink should be used for handwashing only. Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed prepared food items (cole slaw) and items not in their original container (relish) in a new container that did not have a date marking or was passed their date marking. Manager on site threw away items passed the date marking. Items prepared or not in their original container should not be held past the 7 day marking. Corrected on site.
- PS&J Professional Baseball Club, 900 T.R. Hughes Boulevard – score 100
- Shop N Save, 3740 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- JJ Twigs Pizza & Pub, 1090 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed ready to eat food items not in their original container past the 7 day date marking. These items were immediately thrown away by the manager. Violation corrected on site. All items should be discarded after their 7 date marking. Recommend prepping a smaller amount.
- The Shack, 2931 Highway K – follow up, in compliance
- Domino’s Pizza, 8760 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 95
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager on site. Facility claims they will speak with upper management about attending the class. This is a repeat violation and appears to be an issue from previous inspections.
- Don Emiliano’s, 8600 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Tap House Pub & Patio, 9015 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed prepared salad dressings past the 7 day marking as well as expired food items located in a reach in cooler. Violation corrected on spot. Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed dirty and torn gaskets of the reach in cooler near the hot holding items and grill. Gaskets should be cleaned or replaced. Discussed with owner the Temperature Log sheet regarding hot holding items that are out of temperature. Facility needs to keep these sheets on site in a designated area for the health department to review. Handwashing signage provided to the facility. Suggested prepping less food items to avoid going over 7 day marking.
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 7434 Village Center Drive – score 100
- Bristol Restaurant, 2314 Technology Drive – score 98
- O’Charley’s, 2204 Highway K – score 98
- Pho-Happy Wok, 2942 Highway K – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed some items in the walk-in refrigerator that were past the 7 day marking. Items were immediately taken care of by the food manager. Employees should make sure that all prepared items not in their original food container should be properly labeled and dated.
- The Falls Golf Club, 1170 Turtle Creek Drive – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed multiple items in the walk in cooler not in their original container, prepared, with no label containing the date or name. All items not in their original container or prepared food items should be labeled and dated and not pass their 7 day marking. Previous violations have been corrected.
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 905 Caledonia Drive – score 100
- Turtle Creek Pub & Grill, 128 Triad Center West – score 98
- Red Robin, 7821 Highway N – score 98
- Hampton Inn, 3720 West Clay Street – score 100
- All Occasion Banquet Center, 111 Compass Point Drive – score 100
- Subway at Walmart, 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- American Legion Post 312, 2500 Raymond Drive – score 94
Handwashing signage 2(pnt) – Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt). Observed that ceiling tiles are not smooth easy cleanable
- St. Charles 18 Cine, 1830 South First Capitol Drive – score 96
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – OBSERVED NUMEROUS FRUIT FLIES BY TRASH CANS. OBSERVED THAT SOME OF THE TRASH CANS NOT IN CONTINUOUS USE WERE NOT COVERED
- Dairy Queen, 777 Independence Road – score 100
- China King, 1025 Wolfrum Road – score 94
Improper thawing 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHRIMP THAWING IMPROPERLY SITTING IN STANDING WATER. Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – OBSERVED FOOD STORED ON THE FLOOR IN WALK IN COOLER. Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED EMPLOYEE PERSONAL ITEMS STORED ABOVE DISHES
- Centerpointe Hospital, 4801 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 93
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT HEAT SANITIZING. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE CHUTE IN DINING AREA SOILED. OBSERVED ICE SCOOP CONTAINER SOILED.
- Breeze Park, 600 Breeze Park Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CAN OPENERS SOILED. OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED IN DRY STORAGE AREA
- La Chata, 3891 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 93
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE AT 0PPM. OBSERVED A COUPLE OF FRUIT FLIES IN THE BAR AREA
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from June 2018:
- Derienzo’s Pizza & Pub, 1267 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Dollar Tree, 955 Jungermann Road – scorer 100
- Dollar Tree, 6670 Mexico Road – score 96
- Dunkin Donuts, 7343 Mexico Road – score 96
- El Mezon Authentic Mexican Restaurant, 140 Salt Lick Road – score 86 (June 18), score 96 (June 29)
- Elmer’s Old Town Tavern, 8 Main Street – score 98
- Fazoli’s, 5775 Suemandy Drive – score 98
- Fit4Me Foods, 6219 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Great Skate Roller Rink, 130 Boone Hills Drive – score 100