The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, November 7 – 13, 2018.
- Waffle House, 1131 West Pearce Boulevard – score 96
Food stored in prohibited area 2(pnt) – Food not to be stored under coolant lines in walk in refrigerator on which water is condensing.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak at base of sink beneath 1st compartment (far left) of 3 comp sink.
- Dierberg’s, 1820 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Express Mart, 301 East Pearce Boulevard – score 88
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Observed expired Kraft cheese sticks for sale. Cheese sticks expire 10/08/2018.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Ice bin in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Chick-Fil-A, 1918 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Asabi Grill, 1325 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Boardwalk Subs, 2758 Highway K – score 93
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed chicken and milk in the casing to be 47F. These were thrown out immediately.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the reach in cooler (left) by the grills).
- O’Fallon Bowling Lanes, 420 Sonderen Street – score 80
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager on duty during the inspection. Risk-based 4 facility: At least one MANAGER on duty shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety. All other MANAGERS shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety to cover all shifts of operation
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Observed the hand sink in the bar area not working. Handle on the sink will not move/ is inaccessible for employees to wash their hands.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed food items out of their original container containing no label or date marking in the reach in cooler located by the kitchen three compartment sink. Items from the freezer that are moved to a refrigeration unit shall have a 7 day marking on the container.
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed ice scoops being stored on a cart and in a three compartment tray. Utensils such as ice scoops should be stored in a container or on a surface that is cleaned and sanitized frequently.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the reach in cooler located in the bar/cook area nearest to the bowling lanes.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed the inner barrier of the ice machine having a dark residue and build up. Ice machine should be cleaned regularly to avoid build up. Observed the inner/upper portion of the microwave having excessive food debris. Clean regularly. Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed all next to the stove having excessive grease/food debris on the wall. This should have a smooth and easily cleanable surface.
- Pathways Assisted Living Facility, 161 Pieper Road – score 100
- Cecil Whittaker’s Pizza, 2968 Highway K – score 98
- The Egg & I, 991 Waterbury Falls Drive – score 100
- Denny’s, 1140 Technology Drive – score 100
- Step by Step Learning Center, 5285 Highway N Ste. 107 – score 100
- UrbanAir Adventure and Trampoline Park, 5994 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 90
OBSERVED NO ON DUTY WITH SANITATION COURSE
No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO TEST STRIPS TO MEASURE SANITIZER LEVELS
KITCHEN NOT PREPARING FOOD AT TIME OF INSPECTION
- Pine Room Bar, 1102 Perry Street – score 100
- Boschertown Bar & Grill, 3545 North Highway 94 – score 100
- Applebee’s, 2921 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Boat House Food & Deck, 601 North Shore – score 100
- Taco Bell, 2203 Droste Road – score 93
No hot water at Handwash sink (at least 100Â° F) 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO HOT WATER AT ONE OF THE HANDSINKS
Insufficient lighting 2(pnt) – OBSERVED LIGHT OUT IN KITCHEN AREA BY SINGLE SERVICE ITEMS
- Hong Kong Restaurant, 2207 Droste Road – score 96
Incorrect order of wash-rinse sanitize 2(pnt) – OBSERVED WASH, RINSE, SANITIZE SINKS NOT SET UP IN CORRECT ORDER
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED FAN BLADES SOILED IN KITCHEN
- Allin’s Diner, 130 North Kingshighway – score 98
- Dairy Queen, 2195 First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Panda Express, 2911 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Magpie’s, 903 South Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- Fort Taco, 3788 Elm Street – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 3909 Mexico Road – score 92
No person in charge with minimum requirement for food safety manager certification.
Observed bottom of reach in freezer (fry freezer) with flooring that is damaged. Observed gaskets on cooling units with debris and possible mold growth. Clean at increased frequency. Observed cabinet located below handsink by flattop with grease accumulation inside. Observed accumulation of grease and debris on floors. Areas include: FLOORS OF RESTROOMS AND CORNERS, GREASE ACCUMULATION UNDER COOK LINE, AIR VENTS AND SURROUNDING CEILING TILES WITH DUST ACCUMULATION, GREASE ON FLOOR UNDER USED COOKING OIL STORAGE VESSEL
Observed handsink faucet not properly attached at handsink located by flattop.
- Frankie Tocco’s Pizzeria, 108 South Main Street – score 100
- Lindenwood U Food Service Student Center, 209 South Kingshighway – score 98
- Little O’s Old Time Soda Fountain, 125 North Main Street – score 100
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 7707 Highway N – score 100
- St. John’s United Church of Christ, 945 Wolfrum Road – score 100
- Pleasant Hill Memorial UM Church, 415 Lee Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from September 2018:
- Mascots, 4881 Mexico Road – score 98
- Max Out at Harvest Lanes, 4101 North St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- McDonald’s, 3883 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- McDonald’s, 199 Spencer Road – score 100
- Menards, 151 Spencer Road – score 98
- Mobil Mart, 203 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- My Sons Cake and Candy Supply, 117 Main Street – score 100
- New China Queen, 1217 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Nightshift Bar & Grill, 3979 Mexico Road – score 100
- Nutrition Stop, 4101 Mexico Road Ste. K – score 100
- Oberweis Dairy, 7090 Mexico Road – score 100
- O’Charley’s, 3975 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 92
- Old Hickory Golf Club, 1 Dye Club Drive – score 93
- Papa John’s Pizza, 4171 North St. Peters Parkway – score 94
- Papa Murphy’s, 571 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 86
- Patty’s Catering Service, 2129 Parkway Drive – score 100
- Petro Mart, 6095 Mexico Road – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 4219 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 939 Jungermann Road – score 96
- Premium Adult Day Center, 104 Jungermann Road Ste. F – score 98
- The Rice Bowl, 7895 Mexico Road – score 98
- Rich’s Place, 4149 Highway 94 S – score 98
- SCCYSA Woodlands Park Concession, 221 Spencer Road Ste. A – score 100
- Scooter’s Coffee, 322 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 95 (Sept. 13), score 96 (Sept. 27)
- Shamrock’s Pub N Grill, 4177 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 91
- Shop N Save, 100 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Silver Moon Saloon, 12-14 Harvester Square – score 98
- South 94 Bistro, 3004 South St. Peters Parkway Ste. A – score 94
- Steak N Shake, 5885 Suemandy Drive – score 94
- Stefanina’s Express, 652 Jungermann Road – score 98
- StLouisianaQ, 10202 Village Drive East – score 100
- Subway, 272 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Subway, 2955 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Taco Bell, 4120 Mexico Road – score 98
- Taste of Mayberry Kettlecorn, 124 Oakridge West Drive – score 100
- The Goddard School, 700 Old Salt Lick Road – score 100
- The Peanut Gang Learning Center, 551 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Third Wheel Brewing, 4008 North Service Road – score 100
- Villages of St. Peters Memory Care, 5300 Executive Centre Parkway – score 100
- Villages of St. Peters, 5400 Executive Centre Parkway – score 100
- Walmart bakery, 1661 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Walmart deli, meat, 1661 Jungermann Road – both scored 100
- Walmart refrigerated, 1661 Jungermann Road – score 93 (Sept. 7), score 98 (Sept. 21)
- Wendy’s, 1676 Jungermann Road – score 96
- White Castle, 4201 Veterans Memorial Parkway Ste. 38 – score 96