The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, September 13 – 18, 2018.
- Bavarian Smoke Haus, 4695 Highway Z – follow up, in compliance
- Arby’s, 4231 Highway K – score 100
- La Carreta Mexican Grocery Store, 316 O’Fallon Plaza – score 93
Observed expired Food Protection Manager certificate. Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt)
Observed expired food items past their 7 day marking. Manager immediately threw away the items. Observed a few items needing labels and dates. Manager also corrected this on site.
- Mount Hope Elementary School, 1099 Mount Hope Lane – score 100
- Hope High School, 307 West Pitman Street – score 100
- El Azteca Mexican Restaurant, 4265 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 100
- Made Today Cafe & Bake, 107 O’Fallon Plaza – score 100
- Tully’s Taproom, 1120 Technology Ste. 113A – score 90
Bare hands contact with RTE food 5(pnt). Observed that dish washing machine uses chlorine for sanitation and concentration of chlorine is below detection
- Twin Oaks Estate, 707 Emge Road – score 100
- West Middle School, 150 Waterford Crossing – score 100
- Hunan King, 3038 Winghaven Boulevard – score 98
- Ethyl’s Smokehouse & Saloon, 8505 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- The Hospitality Group at Assumption, 203 West Third Street – score 100
- No. 1 Chinese Restaurant, 39 O’Fallon Square – score 84
Cooked PHF?s not properly cooled 5(pnt) – Observed chicken cooling on the table in room temperature after being cooked. Chicken was immediately tossed out by the food manager on site. Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed all food items in the walk in cooler not having a label or date on them. Manager on site had started to correct this violation during inspection. Employees should label and date all potentially hazardous food items and they should not exceed their 7 day marking. Improper thawing 2(pnt). Observed frozen shrimp thawing at the three compartment sink. Shrimp should be moved to the walk in cooler for thawing or under cold running water at the Food Preparation sink. Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed food items stored on the floor in the hallway by the back door (onions) and other items on the floor in the Walk In Cooler. All food items should be placed 6 inches off the ground at all times. Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn and loose gaskets on reach in cooler doors. This is a repeat violation.
- First Wok, 3748 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 94
OBSERVED CARD BOARD USED ON TOP OF METAL SHELVING. SURFACES FOR FOOD SHALL BE SMOOTH, NON ABSORBENT AND EASILY CLEANABLE Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELVES SOILED, OBSERVED FAN GUARDS IN WALK IN COOLER SOILED, OBSERVED PREP COOLER SHELF SOILED, OBSERVED TOP OF RICE CONTAINER SOILED, OBSERVED CEILING TILES AND CEILING VENT SOILED, OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED UNDER SOY SAUCE CONTAINERS
- Papa John Pizza, 929 Highway K – follow up, in compliance
Operations Manager had all staff at this location reake the handwash video. Observed all items marked as violations during last inspection to be correct including correct handwashing by employees, no obstructions in front of the hand washing sinks, Certified Food Manager on site, and last health inspection printed and posted. District manager had issues with printing the health inspection due to encrypted material on our reports.
- Rock Creek Elementary School, 8970 Mexico Road – score 100
- Chinese Express, 1610 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 94
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dry bulk lids with accumulation of debris. Observed walk in cooler shelving with accumulation of debris. Observed shelving over make table/make cooler with accumulation of debris. Clean all areas at an increased frequency. Observed floors under equipment, including under 3 compartment sink, under wok line, in corners of wok line, and under prep table in back, to have accumulation of food and debris. Observed corner and surrounding floor area of water heater with food debris accumulation. Observed walls by back prep table with accumulation of food debris. Observed floors and walls surrounding fryers with accumulation of debris. Clean areas at an increased frequency. Observed both light bulbs burnt out in one ballast in kitchen. Light intensity insufficient.
- St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles, 300 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Stefanina’s Express, 1938 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Sonic, 2015 South Old Highway 94 – score 98
- Massa’s Italian Grill, 3761 New Town Boulevard – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair. Observed that ceiling tiles are dirty and fan installed above food prep area have dust covered grills
- Pangea, 3245-1 Rue Royale Street – score 98
- Tendercare Learning Center, 1804 Boones Lick Road – score 100
- China House Buffet, 1325 Bass Pro Drive – score 96
OBSERVED FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WITH CRACKS. CONTAINERS DISCARDED. OBSERVED CANS OPENED AND FOOD ITEMS NOT REMOVED AND RELOCATED TO FOOD GRADE STORAGE CONTAINERS. FOODS REMOVED TO APPROPRIATE CONTAINERS AND CANS DISCARDED. OBSERVED OUTSIDES OF DRY BULK GOOD CONTAINERS WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. MUST BE CLEANED AT INCREASED FREQUENCY.
- Chartwell’s at St. Charles Senior High West, 3601 Droste Road – follow up
PREVIOUS VIOLATION HAS NOT BEEN CORRECTED, HANDSINKS ARE NOT REACHING 100 DEGREES. ESTABLISHMENT HAS ONE HANDSINK THAT DOES REACH 100 DEGREES IN THE KITCHEN.
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 100 North Main Street – score 93
OBSERVED KITCHEN DISHMACHINE AT 0 PPM CHLORINE. TECH CALLED AND TO ARRIVE SHORTLY. DISCONTINUE USE UNTIL CORRECTED. USE 3 COMPARTMENT SET UP UNTIL READING 50-100 PPM CHLORINE. WILL FOLLOW UP IN 3 DAYS TO VERIFY CORRECTION. OBSERVED FLOOR TILES MISSING IN ENTRANCE TO KITCHEN AND BY FRYER AREA.
OBSERVED FRP MISSING ON CORNER/END OF DIVIDER IN KITCHEN. OBSERVED COVEBASE MISSING UNDER DISHMACHINE IN KITCHEN. GASKETS ON ORDER FOR COLD HOLDING EQUIPMENT. LIGHT SHIELD MISSING AT ENTRANCE TO KITCHEN REINSPECTION FOR KITCHEN DISHMACHINE AT 0 PPM CHLORINE TO BE PERFORMED WEDNESDAY 9-19-18
- Green China, 2148 First Capitol Drive – score 91
OBSERVED VENT HOOD SYSTEM WITH ACCUMULATION OF GREASE. SCHEDULED FOR CLEANING IN OCTOBER BUT REQUIRES IMMEDIATE CLEANING. OBSERVED ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS ON OUTSIDE OF DRY BULK GOOD CONTAINERS. OBSERVED ACCUMULATION OF RUST AND DEBRIS ON SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER. ITEMS REQUIRE CLEANING AT INCREASED FREQUENCY. SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER IN NEED OF REPLACING OBSERVED FLOORS WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS/FOOD/GREASE. AREAS INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO): FLOORS UNDER FRYERS, FLOORS UNDER WOK LINE AND SURROUNDING UPRIGHT ROASTER, FLOORS UNDER DRY GOODS SHELVING UNIT, FLOORS IN CORNERS OF KITCHEN AND SURROUNDING MOP SINK LOCATION
ALL AREAS REQUIRE CLEANING AT INCREASED FREQUENCY. OBSERVED INSPECTION POSTED DATED 01-04-18. MOST RECENT HEALTH INSPECTION MUST BE POSTED FOR PUBLIC VIEWING.
- Sodexo at Francis Howell Central HS, 5199 Highway N – score 98
- Sunisa’s Thai Restaurant, 6057 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 90
OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION. Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NUMEROUS ITEMS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS
- Sunisa’s Thai Restaurant, 6057 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Albadia, 3957 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
Mice feces or roaches seen 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ESTABLISHMENT SHALL ROUTINELY INSPECT THE PREMISES FOR EVIDENCE OF PESTS. OBSERVED FLOORING UNDER STOVE HEAVILY SOILED.
- Cottleville Fire District, 1385 Motherhead Road – score 100
- Centennial Farms, 199 Jackson Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from August 2018:
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q, 6163 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q, 4155 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Barnes & Noble, 320 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Big Lots, 5881 Suemandy Road – score 100
- Blaze Pizza, 5246 North Service Road – score 100
- The Brick Oven, 84 Spencer – score 94
- Burger King, 399 Main Street – score 100
- Burger King, 1575 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Burger King, 4199 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- Casa Tequila, 1287 Jungermann Road – score 94
- Charley’s Grilled Subs, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1204 – score 100
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 4135 North Cloverleaf DRive – score 88
- China King, 919 Jungermann Road – score 94
- Club Demonstration Sevices, 200 Costco Way – score 100
- Cork & Barrel Chop House and Spirits, 7337 Mexico Road – score 98
- Costco Wholesale bakery, meat/seafood, snack bar, 200 Costco Way – all scored 100
- Costco Whole deli, 200 Costco Way – score 98
- Country Club Express Wash, 6280 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96