The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of February 26 – March 5, 2019.
- Wabash Elementary School, 100 Golden Gate Parkway – score 100
- Timberland High School, 559 East Highway N – score 100
- Stone Creek Elementary School, 1850 Highway Z – score 100
- The Goddard School, 1513 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Maggie Malone’s, 990 Wentzville Parkway – score 90
Bare hands contact with RTE food 5(pnt)
No soap at sink 5(pnt)
Employee failed food safety class and is retaking.
Discussed cleaning of contact surfaces.
- All Together Learning Center, 201 North Broadhead Lane – score 100
- Bristol Manor of Wentzville, 840 West Northview Avenue – score 90
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – Dishes and utensils to be sanitized after washing and before use.
Unlabeled spray bottle 5(pnt) – Chemical sanitizer not properly labaled for identification by employees.
Discussed storage/ thawing and date marking, Use pasteurized eggs for at risk population, Smoking ordinance
- VFW Post 5327, 1414 Highway Z – score 100
- Creative Corner, 1075 Highway P – score 100
- McDonald’s, 766 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- MOD Pizza, 1976 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Hotshots Sports Bar & Grill, 49 Wentzville Bluffs Drive – score 100
- Applebee’s, 1987 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- St. Joseph Hospital West, 100 Medical Plaza – score 100
- Subway at Walmart, 6100 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- ABC Daycare & Learning Center, 2998 Technology Drive – score 100
- Schnuck’s retail, 101 Civic Center Drive – score 100
- Sonic Drive-In, 6325 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Andrews Academy, 1701 Feise Road – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt North High School, 1230 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 100
- Westhoff Elementary School, 900 Homefield Boulevard – score 100
- The Panther Perk – FZNHS, 1230 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 100
- McGurk’s Public House, 108 South Main Street – score 92
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers in the kitchen. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soiled can opener. This should be cleaned regularly.
Observed leak coming from the condenser unit in the reach in cooler located in the salad preparation area. Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed excessive dust on the ceilings in the food preparation areas.
Establishment is operating without at 2019 Food Establishment License.
- Papa John’s Pizza, 929 Highway K – score 100
- Imo’s Pizza, 2756 Highway K – score 91
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on two reach in coolers in the kitchen that need to be replaced. Also observed dirty gaskets throughout the establishment. Clean/wipe down gaskets regularly to keep in good condition.
No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – Observed no test strips in the establishment. Establishment must provide chlorine sanitizer strips next reinspection.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed built up ice in the stand up freezer in the kitchen, with items in the freezer having no lids. This should be monitored regularly to avoid build up.
- Doughboys Wood Fired Pizza, 6925 Michigan Avenue – score 100
- QuikTrip, 140 O’Fallon Loop Road retail and concession – both scored 100
- Jimmy John’s, 1264 Highway K – score 98
- Golden Corral, 1302 Bramblett Road – score 90
Improper thawing 2(pnt) – Observed frozen shrimp and meat sitting in 50F + temperature in the meat cooler thawing. Use only approved thawing methods such as refrigeration at 41F or below or under cold running water.
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed damaged weather stripping/light coming through both of the back doors leading to outdoor areas. Establishment must protect against the entrance of insects or rodents by providing close-fitting doors.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed ice built up in the walk in freezer. This should be regularly cleaned and maintained to avoid any potential ice from developing on the outside of food items.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leaking plumbing from a pipe underneath the dishwasher area causing water to accumulate and not drain properly.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – (1). Observed excessive dust on the ceiling located in “The Grillhouse” area. (2). Observed wet floors in the “Cooks Cooler” and the dry storage area that should be cleaned up immediately and regularly. No floors should accumulate standing water over time.
Observed a large hole in the wall near the meat cutting walk in cooler.
Fixed the previous violations: Shelving in the dishwasher area (cleaned), Can opener cleaned, and Wet floors taken care of in the bakery.
Discussed: Expired Frozen Dessert License, Smoking Ordinance, Canned food items in refrigeration, Gaskets
- Progress South Elementary School, 201 Knaust Road – score 100
- Boonslick School, 321 Knaust Road – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 415 South Main Street – score 96
Observed blower of McCall refrigerator beside fryers in need of maintenance to remove debris from blower and blower cover.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed high surface over timed storage and ceiling of ice bin in need of cleaning. High surfaces of equipment throughout in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Piazza Messina Bar, 5535 Highway N – score 100
- Russo Catering, 5535 Highway N – score 100
- Circle K, 4524 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Old Mill Stream Inn, 912 South Main Street – score 91
OBSERVED NO ONE DUTY WITH A FOOD SAFETY CLASS
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED SOME FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER WITH 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS.
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – OBSERVED MISSING CEILING TILES BY DISHWASHER. OBSERVED CEILING, VENT AND MONITOR ABOVE HANDSINK SOILED
Discussed REHEATING PROCEDURES FOR FOODS IN STEAM WELL, SMOKE FREE ACT OF 2018
- Hendricks BBQ, 1200 South Main Street – score 96
Observed water faucet knob at bar handsink stripped/not functioning. Observed walk in freezer cooler in sub basement with damaged concrete floor.
Observed debris in corners and along baseboards in main kitchen location. Observed debris behind cooking line. Clean areas at increased frequency to prevent accumulation. Observed debris and wet towels on floors of prep/meat walk in cooler.
Discussed Shelving units in walk in cooler, Storage of foods in walk in freezers, Restrictions on fly strip use
- Tango Argentina Food, 2012 Campus Drive – score 100
- Little Sunshines Daycare and Learning Center, 2183 Muegge Road – score 100
- Fujisan at Sam’s Club, 2855 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Texas Roadhouse, 1300 Bass Pro Drive – score 100
- Quintessential Restaurant and Night Club, 149 North Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- Pine Room Bar, 1102 Perry Street – score 98
- Hong Kong Restaurant, 2207 Droste Road – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKING
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CAN OPENER SOILED
- St. Charles County Department of Corrections, 301 North Second Street – score 100
- Tubby’s Pub and Grub, 506 Droste Road – score 98
- Chartwell’s at Jefferson Middle School, 2660 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Jimmy John’s, 3754 Elm Street – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Monroe Elementary School, 2670 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- St. Charles Borromeo Cafeteria, 601 North Fourth Street – score 100
- Sonic, 2015 South Old Highway 94 – score 98
- Sodexo at Hollenbeck Junior High, 4555 Central School Road – score 98
- All Occasion Banquet Center, 111 Compass Point Drive – score 98
- Pizza Hut, 1608 Country Club Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – PROOF OVEN SHELVING SOILED
- Chartwell’s at Blackhurst Elementary, 2000 Elm Street – score 100
- Element Church, 1450 Wall Street – score 100
- Caregivers Inn, 1297 Feise Road – score 100
- Barfield Early Childhood Special Education Center, 2015 Hanley Road – score 100
- T Arcobassos Italian Restaurant, 1057 Wolfrum Road – score 100
- Centerpointe Hospital, 4801 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 100
- China King, 1025 Wolfrum Road – score 89
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – Observed chicken over vegetables (left side walk-in cooler) and raw beef/meat over egg rolls, soda, etc (right side of walk-in cooler). Store foods so that raw products are not over ready-to-eat foods to prevent contamination.
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed gap at the bottom of the back service door. Repair/Replace door/sweep so there is no gap for pests to enter.
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed chicken (in bowl) on floor of walk in. Also observed bins of bulk items uncovered. All food should be covered and stored off the ground to prevent contamination.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on shelves over back prep, fan covers in walkin, gaskets and handles on coolers, floors around cookline.
- Breeze Park, 600 Breeze Park Drive – score 98
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from January 2019:
- 101 Asian Cuisine, 6132 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- ALDI, 343 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- ALDI, 1665 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Arabica Coffee, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 9016 – score 100
- Banana’s Bar-B-Que, 4155 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Cave Springs Lanes, 4055 Mexico Road – score 96
- Charley’s Grilled Subs, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1204 – score 98
- Chili’s Grill and Bar, 101 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 98
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 4135 North Cloverleaf Drive – score 98
- China King, 2967 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100