The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the weeks of June 12 – 18, 2019.
- Maracas, 4600 Highway Z – score 100
- Fireside Bar & Grill, 30 West Highway K Ste. 103 – score 98
- Pete’s Drive In, 1009 East Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Twin Oaks at Heritage Pointe – Assisted Living, 228 Savannah Terrace Drive – score 100
- Burger King at Walmart, 1971 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Parklane Care & Rehab Center, 401 Mar Le Drive – score 91
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt)
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt)
Moisture issue, condensing moisture collecting at mid walk in.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt)
Hose at water bath leaking fresh water onto floor.
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1075 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Arby’s, 909 Robert Raymond Drive – score 100
- Marco’s Pizza, 1820 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 2998 Highway K – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – (1) Observed gaskets with excessive accumulation of food debris and potential mold growth. Regularly clean gaskets to avoid buildup and maintain good condition of equipment. (2) Observed ice build up on the outside of equipment in the ice cream station area. Remove ice and maintain equipment.
EQUIPMENT COMPARTMENTS, DRAINAGE – Observed ice cream leaking from the top of the ice cream compartment onto covered food items stored underneath the compartment. Properly store items or prevent drainage from leaking onto consumer items.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – (1) Observed excessive food build up on can opener. Clean regularly. (2)Observed accumulation of dark debris on the inner rim of the ice machine. Clean regularly. (3)Observed accumulation of dust on fans inside of the walk in, with covered food stored underneath the fans. Clean fans regularly to avoid physical contamination of dust on food items. (4) Observed accumulation of frozen ice cream/food on the bottom of the reach in freezer that normally stores ice cream.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of trash and grease underneath grills in the kitchen.
- Garden View Care Center, 700 Garden Path – follow up, in compliance
- Thai Kitchen, 8632 Mexico Road – score 92
Food stored in prohibited area 2(pnt) – Observed half and half, fruit, and other items stored on ice for consumption of customers in the beverage service station.
Wiping cloths not stored in sanitizer 2(pnt) – Observed wiping cloths stored on counter tops. All wiping cloths must be stored in sanitizer solution.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt)
Observed excessive accumulation of dirt and grime on gaskets in the reach in coolers and stand up walk in cooler in the kitchen. Replace gaskets to keep equipment in good condition.
WOOD USE, LIMITATION. Observed cooking with untreated wicker baskets on the stove. Wicker may not be used as a food-contact surface, unless treated and meeting requirements under 21 CFR 178.3800.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed excessive accumulation of grease in vent hoods. Clean regularly to avoid build up.
- Madison’s Cafe, 2974 Highway K – score 100
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market deli, 2235 Highway K – score 100
- Outback Steak House, 4002 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Thai Jasmine Restaurant, 2019 Highway K – score 98
- Russo Catering, 5535 Highway N – score 100
- The Rack House, 5065 Highway N – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers in the kitchen. Replace gaskets so that they do not accumulate water and so the equipment is in good condition.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – (1) Observed accumulation of dark build up on the inner barrier of the ice machine. Clean regularly to avoid build-up. (2) Observed accumulation of food debris at the bottom of the reach in freezer in the back area of the kitchen. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – (1) Observed damaged floor tiles in the main kitchen area, including the wall baseboard in the back food preparation area. Replace flooring and repair baseboards so that they are smooth and easily cleanable.
- Hendricks BBQ, 1200 South Main Street – score 91
Observed fruit fly like insects throughout facility. Areas include under dishwasher area in main kitchen, near main cook line, right of upstairs ice maker, prep room downstairs, and women’s restroom around handsinks.
Observed drying shelves in dishmachine area with accumulation of debris.
Observed outsides of dry bulk containers in prep room with debris accumulation.
Observed dust and debris on ceiling tiles and air vents in main kitchen. Observed floors under sinks and equipment with debris accumulation.
Observed floors behind kettle in lower prep room with accumulation of old debris.
Observed walk in freezer in sub basement with damaged concrete flooring.
- St. Charles Senior Center, 1455 Fairgrounds Road – score 100
- 88 China, 2649 Muegge Road – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – (1) Observed torn gasket on standing walk in cooler. Replace gasket so equipment is in good condition. (2) Observed ice build up in stand up freezer located across from grill area. Defrost equipment and thoroughly clean out freezer. Dispose of food items that have ice build up.
DRYING MOPS – Observed soiled mop sitting in dirty mop water. Allow mops to air dry without soiling walls.
- Country Club Car Wash, 1700 Ford Lane – score 98
- First Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet, 3801 Mexico Road – score 92
Improper thawing 2(pnt) – Observed frozen krab packets thawing in room temperature. Use proper thawing methods for frozen items including placing items in a cooler at 41F or below or under cold running water.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed excessive ice accumulation in the walk in freezer, freezer chest (by the door entering the kitchen), and the freezer holding ice cream in the lobby. Defrost equipment to remove ice.
TEMPERATURE GAUGE ON DISH MACHINE NOT FUNCTIONING
Observed a non-functioning temperature gauge on dishwashing machine in the kitchen. Repair gauge to ensure proper temperature of sanitizer.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – (1) Observed dark build-up along the inner barrier of the ice machine. Clean equipment regularly to avoid build up. (2) Observed soiled can opener in food preparation area. Clean equipment regularly.
Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – Observed excessive accumulation of server items in the server stations. Designate a space for personal items so that they are not confused with consumer items.
Previous violations corrected including back door gap, pineapple not stored in cans, and missing floor tiles replaced in dishwasher area.
- Chinatown Express, 2205 First Capitol Drive – score 95
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – OBSERVED TRAY OF RAW CHICKEN STORED ABOVE OPEN BOX OF CABBAGE
- Spiro’s, 2275 Bluestone Drive – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from March 2019
- Gordon Food Service Store, 311 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Green China, 627 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Half Baked Cookie Dough Co., 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Imo’s, 312 Jungermann Road – score 94
- Imo’s, 595 Starwood Drive – score 98
- Jack in the Box, 6096 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Jack in the Box, 299 Salt Lick Road Ste. 100 – score 96
- Jimmy John’s, 4865 Mexico Road – score 100
- Karen’s Kids, 3857 McClay Road – score 100
- Kid Academy, 1 Sugarwood Drive – score 98
- KJ’s Home of the Crazy Greek, 235 Jungermann Road Ste. 203-205 – score 94
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, 6990 Starwood Drive – score 100
- Lion’s Choice, 6274 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- LP Mart, 699 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Main Street Diner, 315 Main Stree – score 100
- Mandarin Garden, 36 Plaza 94 – score 94
- Matteson Square Gardens Tri Plex, 3051 Industrial Park Pl W – score 91
- McClay Adult Day Care, 3821 McClay Road – score 100
- McDonald’s, 3883 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- McAlister’s Deli, 7106 Mexico Road – score 98
- McDonald’s, 6251 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- McDonald’s, 7890 Mexico Road – score 98
- Mr Goodcents Subs and Pastas, 4101 Mexico Road Ste. D – score 100
- Old Hickory Golf Club, 1 Dye Club Road – score 98
- Olive Garden, 5815 Suemandy Drive – score 100
- Orlando’s Produce, 7875 Mexico Road – score 100
- Outback Steakhouse, 5228 North Service Road – score 100