The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of February 20 – 26, 2019.
- Travel Centers of America convenience, 3265 North Service Road East – score 100
- The Quarry Wine Garden, 3960 Highway Z – score 100
- Pete’s Drive In, 1009 East Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Papa John’s Pizza, 703 West Pearce Boulevard – score 95
Employee needs proof of food safety certification. Basic sanitation class is adequate.
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Rear hand sink blocked. Bread pans are in need of being moved to prevent contamination.
- 909 Public House, 909 Main Plaza Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Heritage Intermediate School, 601 Carr Street – score 100
- Heritage Elementary School, 612 Blumhoff Avenue – score 100
- QuikTrip, 55 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Lakeview Elementary School, 2501 Mexico Road – score 100
- Stefanina’s Pizzeria and Restaurant, 762 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Boone Trail Elementary School, 555 East Highway N – score 100
- Wentzville Middle School, 561 East Highway N – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Subway, 6249 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 98
- Huck’s Convenience Store, 501 Civic Center Drive – score 95
Out of date food items to be disposed of.
- Schnuck’s bakery, deli, salad bar, seafood, 101 Civic Center Drive – all scored 100
- Jack in the Box, 459 Hawk Ridge Trail – score 100
- Green Tree Elementary School, 1000 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Prados, 21 Meadows Circle Drive Ste. 326 – score 100
- Highway P Meat Market, 464 Highway P – score 100
- Liberty High School, 2275 Sommers Road – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at First Baptist, 8750 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Discovery Ridge Elementary School, 2523 Sommers Road – score 100
- Pasta House, 2558 Highway K – follow up, in compliance
Front prep cooler in question still holding 42 F and is not currently in use. Cooler not to go back into use until it holds temp of 41 F or below.
Gaskets throughout have been replaced or cleaned. Cauking at 3 comp sink removed and area cleaned and recauked.
- Thai Kitchen, 8632 Mexico Road – follow up
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Gaskets still torn on the walk in cooler and reach in cooler. According to management, these have been ordered. Will be checked for during next routine inspection.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soiled can opener. This will be checked for during next routine inspection.
The following violations have been corrected: Nothing stored in the handsink, Dates provided for ready to eat food items in the walk in cooler, no boxes stored on the ground, and ice machine and vent hoods have been cleaned.
- Emge Elementary School, 250 Fallon Parkway – score 100
- Frontier Middle School, 9233 Highway DD – scorer 100
- A Better Pizza, 2449 Highway K – score 100
- Great Beginnings Daycare and Preschool, 1401 Cottleville Parkway – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at St. Joe’s Parish SC, 1351 Motherhead Road – score 98
- Schnuck’s deli, 6083 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Scnuck’s retail, salad bar, seafood, bakery, 6083 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – all scored 100
- Denny’s, 1423 South Fifth Street – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELF SOILED IN PREP COOLER
OBSERVED 2019 PERMIT NOT POSTED
- Food Service Consultants at ASH, 619 North Second Street – score 100
- Bradden’s, 515 South Main Street – score 98
- Mattingly’s St. Charles Sports Bar and Grill, 3434 Harry S Truman Boulevard – score 95
Observed dishmachine at bar not pulling sanitizer. Must be 50 to 100 ppm. Discontinue use until corrected.
- Mattingly’s St. Charles Sports Bar and Grill, 3434 Harry S Truman Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- Sodexo at Barnwell Junior High, 1035 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Concetta’s Italian Restaurant, 600 South Fifth Street – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dry bulk storage container with debris on outside. Shelving in walk in cooler observed with rust accumulation. Air vents on outside of hood system found with accumulation of dust and debris. Dust and food debris observed on ceiling and walls. Clean all areas at increased frequency.
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed walls in kitchen in poor repair. Damage to dry wall (gypsum board). Wall tile missing and floor tile damaged. Paint damaged in walk in cooler. Gypsum in ceiling in kitchen damaged in corners
- Quintessential Restaurant and Night Club, 149 North Main Street – score 90
Observed dishmachine at 0 ppm chlorine. Discontinue use until corrected. Follow up will occur in 3 days to verify correction.
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed foods in salad make table not holding temperature of 41F or below. Items to be discarded. Will follow up in 3 days to verify correction.
Reinspection for cold holding table and dishmachine
- Chartwell’s at St. Charles Senior High, 725 North Kingshighway – follow up, in compliance
- Hotshots, 1636 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 93
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt) – OBSERVED PAPER TOWELS EMPTY AT HANDSINK IN KITCHEN. OBSERVED SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER RUSTED AND IN NEED OF REPAIR
- Tony’s on Main, 132 North Main Street – score 100
- First Watch Restaurant, 1405 Beale Street Ste. 102 – score 100
- Defiance Roadhouse, 2999 Highway 94 S – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from December 2018:
- QuikTrip, 3000 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Redbirds Sports Bar and Grill, 4223 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Smokers BBQ Roller Coaster, 6204 Fountainview Circle – score 100
- St. Louis Bread Co., 290 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 100
- Starbuck’s Coffee, 7098 Mexico Road – score 100
- Subway, 631 Salt Lick Road – score 81 (Dec. 10), score 91 (Dec. 11)
- Syberg’s, 5856 Suemandy Drive – score 100
- Taco Bell, 6082 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- The Window, 4008 North Service Road – score 100
- Throw Backs, 1042 Venture Drive – score 100
- Vette’s, 4203 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Wallis Petroleum, 1495 Kisker Road – score 100
- Wendy’s, 275 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Yogurt World, 6145 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100