The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of August 28 to September 3, 2019.
- Fastlane, 21750 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- The Quarry Wine Garden, 3960 Highway Z – score 100
- Shortstops Convenience Store, 30 West Highway D – score 100
- West Allen Grill, 9 West Allen Street – score 100
- 909 Public House, 909 Main Plaza Drive – score 95
Hot water at servers station reaches not over 80F at time of inspection. Hot water temp should be minimum 100F.
- Urshan College, 1151 Centurylink Drive – score 100
- Spice of Life Catering at Urshan College, 1151 Centurylink Drive – score 100
- 54th Street Grill, 1897 Wentzville Parkway – score 98
- Lone Wolf Saloon, 405 Luetkenhaus Boulevard – score 93
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Ice machine bin in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Hand sink at bar leaking at or near trap.
- Wentzville Senior Community 110, 110 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 100
- Wentzville Senior Community 130, 110 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 100
- Wentzville Senior Community 120, 110 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 100
- Wendy’s, 1233 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Cottages of Lake Saint Louis, 2885 Technology Drive – score 100
- Asian Cafe Bar & Grill, 1260 Bryan Road – score 100
- ABC Daycare & Learning Center, 2796 Highway K – score 100
- Udderly Moolicious, 315 East Elm Street – score 100
- Waffle House, 106 West Terra Lane – score 91
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – No sanitizer in use for cleaning of prep surfaces and is use utensils. Employees to use available bleach to make sanitizer solution until Quat solution is delivered.
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Some prep areas and one dining table under air vents where HVAC is condensing moisture and dripping. Moisture should be removed / wiped before it accumulates enough to drip and or accumulate mold like substance.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Ice machine bin and inside surfaces of some refrigeration units in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Get Real Health & Trigg Banquet Center, 300 O’Fallon Plaza – score 100
- Signature India, 1617 Bryan Road – score 90
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no paper towels at front handwash sink or handwash sink by front of cookline.
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – Observed raw chicken in a bowl over containers of cabbage/slaw and sauce in walkin cooler.
- Fastlane Convenience, 994 Knaust Road – score 100
- McDonald’s, 998 Knaust Road – score 92
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed gaskets on reach in coolers with accumulation of food debris and potential growth of mold. Clean gaskets regularly to maintain equipment in good condition.
Three-compartment sink required for manual warewashing 5, 2(pnt) – Observed no sanitizer feeding through the pump for the mechanical dishwasher. Three-compartment sink is required for manual ware washing until dishwasher has been properly repaired. Ecolab called during the inspection.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of standing water in the reach in cooler located in the drive through area. Clean water and repair leak if necessary.
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of food debris and grease on floors underneath the fryers and grill area.
- Pedestal Foods Lindenwood University convenience, 209 South Kingshighway – score 100
- Chartwells at St. Charles Senior High West, 3601 Droste Road – score 100
- Chartwells at Jefferson Middle School, 2660 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Chartwells at Monroe Elementary, 2670 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Salt + Smoke, 501 South Main Street – score 98
- Chartwell’s at Discovery Elementary, 500 Discovery Path Lane – score 100
- Kinder Care Learning Center, 1900 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Chartwell’s at Orchard Farm Early Learning, 3489 Boschertown Road – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Benton Elementary, 400 North Sixth Street – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Lincoln Elementary, 625 South Sixth Street – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Orchard Farm High School, 2175 Highway V – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Orchard Farm Middle School, 2195 Highway V – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Orchard Farm Elementary, 2135 Highway V – score 100
- Smoothie King, 920 South Fifth Street – score 98
- Chinese Express, 1610 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 94
Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED KITCHEN UTENSIL STORED WITH NON KITCHEN TOOLS
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED UNDER MEAT SLICER, OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED UNDER RICE STEAMER, OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED AT WOK STATION, OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED UNDER CUTTING BOARD, OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED UNDER EQUIPMENT
- St. John United Church of Christ, 405 South Fifth Street – score 100
- El Rancho Nuevo, 1644 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 96
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SODA NOZZLES AT BAR SOILED
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE SCOOP HANDLE TOUCHING ICE.
HANDLE SHOULD BE STORED UPRIGHT OR OUTSIDE OF ICE CONTAINER TO PREVENT CONTAMINATION
- Chandler Hill Vineyards, 596 Defiance Road – score 100
- Terry & Kathy’s Inn, 3006 Highway 94 S – score 100
- MPW Inc., 5634 High Street – score 100
- Boone Valley Golf Club, 1319 Schluersburg Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from July 2019
- 311 Wine House and Beer Garden, 311 Main Street – score 96
- ABC Daycare & Learning Center, 4621 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Ace Sushi, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Alex’s Grill and Ice Cream, 632 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Arabica Coffee, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive ste. 9016 – score 100
- Baked!, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1242 – score 95
- Barnes Jewish St. Peters Hospital, 10 Hospital Drive – score 94
- Bento Sushi Bar at Dierberg’s, 217 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Candyland Academy, 102 Birdie Hill Road – score 100
- Chicken Coop, 449 South Church Street – score 86
- Circle K, 6105 Mexico Road – score 86
- Country Club Car Wash, 4200 Mexico Road – score 100
- Country Inn & Suites, 3877 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Courtyard by Marriott, 4341 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98