The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of January 2 – 8, 2019.
- Benefits Bistro, 100 East Pitman Avenue – score 100
- Wentzville Senior Community, 110 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 100
- Cecil Whittaker’s Pizza, 1155 Wentzville Parkway #131 – score 100
- Target deli, 1883 Wentzville Parkway – score 98
- Wentzville One Stop Shop, 401 East Pearce Boulevard – score 95
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – In use utensils such as knives to be stored in clean storage area.
- SSM St. Joseph Hospital Wentzville, 500 Medical Drive – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 1991 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- IHOP, 10 Layla Lane – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 1992 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Circle K, 1001 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- His and Hers Crispy Chicken, 2698 Technology Drive – score 100
- VIP Kids Daycare, 1306 Feise Road – follow up, in compliance
- Crazy Bowls & Wraps, 2119 Highway K – score 93
Observed brown rice in a hot holding container with the lid open and at a temperature of 98F. This was immediately thrown out by the manager on staff.
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed food items in the walk in cooler, display units, and reach in coolers without lids. Items should have a covering to avoid exposure of splash/dust.
- Domino’s Pizza, 8760 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 88
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager on site during the inspection. This is a repeat violation. First notice of the establishment needing the certification was 1/3/2018. See comments section regarding this third notice of needing the certification. (Permit Revocation for repeat violations of this food code.)
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving above the three compartment sink having a food/sticky residue and holding clean containers. These should be cleaned regularly to avoid build up.
No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – Observed expired test strips for Quat strips (expiration 2014). These should be replaced immediately.
- Taco Bell, 603 South Main Street – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed sticky shelving above the three compartment sink. This is a repeat violation.
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed dirty floors in the dry storage area. These should be swept often to avoid unnecessary clutter and litter.
- B&G Clubs of SCC Satellite Kitchen, 1 Club Way – score 100
- Subway, 37 O’Fallon Square – score 96
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – Observed 2 broken thermometers provided for the walk in cooler including the gauge outside of the fridge and the one placed inside.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed gaskets with excessive build up on the reach in coolers located on the line.
- Wingstop, 8610 Mexico Road – score 96
SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – Observed single service items such as forks and knives stored in different directions in the lobby. Corrected on site by manager.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers in the kitchen.
- Stefanina’s Pizzeria & Restaurant, 8645 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 89
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed food items on the pizza table reading 41F or higher including (Beef 47F, Shredded Cheese 50F). These items were immediately disposed of by the manager.
Containers storing foods that are not readily and unmistakably recognized not labeled 2(pnt) – Observed some containers in reach in coolers missing a date.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the pizza reach in cooler. These should be replaced.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed fans in the stand up reach in cooler containing excessive dust. These should be cleaned regularly.
Previous violations corrected including personal items and vent hoods.
- Dairy Queen, 817 North Main Street – score 91
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed food items in the stand up reach in cooler next to the food prep table greater than 41F (bacon bits, hot dogs, etc.). These items were immediately disposed of.
Containers storing foods that are not readily and unmistakably recognized not labeled 2(pnt) – Observed containers in the walk in cooler incorrectly dated on lettuce and other items.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed the inner/upper portion of the ice machine containing dark residue/build up. This should be cleaned regularly to prevent contamination.
- Burger King, 609 South Main Street – score 91
Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – Observed incorrect timeframes of time used for temperature control on the prep table in the kitchen. This was corrected on site.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed sticky food residue/ build up on the shelving located near the three compartment sink. These shelves should be cleaned and maintained regularly. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt)
1. Observed excessive grease on the floors, especially underneath the fryer. This is a repeat violation.
2. Observed dust located in the air vents above the food prep table in the kitchen.
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, 2675 Highway K – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 38 O’Fallon Square – score 98
- The Falls Golf Club, 1170 Turtle Creek Drive – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed food items in the walk in and reach in coolers that were expired or past their 7 day marking (Milk, Tuna). These were immediately thrown out by the manager.
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed food items stored on a shelf in the basement directly under sprinkler heads. These should be moved down from the top shelf and covered to protect from potential moisture/contamination.
Kitchen closed during the inspection – Deep cleaning equipment.
- Sonic Drive-in, 312 South Main Street – score 98
- Turtle Creek Pub & Grill, 128 Triad Center West – score 98
- Schnuck’s retail, seafood and bakery, 3740 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Schnuck’s deli, 3740 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 98
- O’Fallon Church of Christ, 8576 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Taco Bell, 102 Fallon Parkway – score 100
- Twin Oaks Estate, 707 Emge Road – score 98
- Papa John’s, 2218 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed damage to tile coving by hot water heater, hole in wall exposed.
2017 permit found posted. Must post current permit for public viewing.
- Hope Lutheran Church, 1975 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- All Generations Adult Day Center, 2061 Exchange Drive – score 100
- Mission Taco Joint, 1650 Beale Street Ste. 130 – score 98
- Subway, 1064 Regency Parkway – score 100
- Bike Stop Cafe, 701 South Riverside Drive – score 100
- Salvation Army Food Pantry, 2140 North Fourth Street – score 100
- The Salvation Army, 2140 North Fourth Street – score 100
- First United Methodist, 801 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Adeline’s Kitchen, 800 South Fifth Street – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1151 South Duchesne Drive – score 86
Employees not washing hands, properly 5(pnt) – Employees washing hands in prep sink instead of hand washing sink. Prep sink not being properly used due to contamination from hands.
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Foods to be stored appropriately, not of floor, cover foods in storage and store on clean and cleanable surfaces.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Shelving in need of cleaning to prevent build up. Sewage system at grease trap is to be maintained and not leaking liquid onto floor.
Discussed: Go over raw vegetable cleaning with clean equipment prior to chopping with clean equipment. All RTE foods stored in kitchen beyond 24 hours to be date marked. Be careful of chemical storage in kitchen.
- Green China, 2148 First Capitol Drive – score 91
Food uncovered with the risk of cross-contamination 5(pnt) – Observed multiple items in walk in cooler without protection from overhead contamination. Place lids or plastic wrap over containers.
Observed accumulation of debris on walk in cooler shelving, including rust accumulation. Observed large table mounted can opener with accumulation of debris. Observed ceiling tiles near air vents with accumulation of dust. Observed floors throughout with accumulation of grease and debris. Area most notably located at end of wok table near tall roaster.
Clean items at increased frequency to prevent accumulation.
2019 Permit has not been renewed. Must pay and complete renewal process. If assistance is needed, contact 636-949-1800 ext. 4265 for help.
- C.A. Muench Confections at Adeline’s, 800 South Fifth Street – score 100
- St. Charles 18 Cine, 1830 South First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Prasino, 1520 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 2182 Droste Road – score 88
Unlabeled spray bottle 5(pnt) – OBSERVED AN UNLABELED SPRAY BOTTLE OF SANITIZER.
OBSERVED CHEMICAL BOTTLE STORED ABOVE FOOD PREP AREA
OBSERVED MOST RECENT INSPECTION NOT POSTED IN PUBLIC VIEW.
- St. Elizabeth Adult Day Care Center, 1424 South First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Bebe Liz Gourmet Desserts, 412 Boone’s Lick Road – score 100
- Subway, 505 Droste Road – score 95
- Tradicional 636 Inc. The Real Mexican Flavor, 1411 South First Capitol Drive – score 96
No person with food safety certification. To obtain by next routine visit.
Observed non commercial freezers remain in back storage room and in front storage/cooler area. Replace with nsf/ansi approved commercial equipment.
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed openings around pipe near 3 compartment sink and opening near water shutoffs for handsink in kitchen remain in wall. Observed small section of baseboard still not attached to wall under 3 compartment sink. Single ceiling tile with vent cut out still remains as acoustic tile. Replace with similar tile as rest of area ceiling tiles.
- Good Dawgs, 1520 North Second Street – score 100
- Waffle House, 301 Little Hills Industrial Boulevard – score 95
Observed dishmachine not reaching minimum required temperature for hot water sanitizing. Discontinue use until corrected.
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 100 North Main Street – score 90
Observed dishmachine not pulling sanitizer. Sanitizer found low and replaced. Machine primed and sanitizer still failing to pull. To contact servicing company to have corrected. Discontinue use until corrected.
Observed shredded cooked chicken held at 46F on left salad make table. Bottom of cooler found at 49F ambient air. Discontinue table use. Use alternative to keep foods at 41F or below until corrected. Discontinue service of foods from cold table.
- Subway, 810 O’Fallon Road – score 98
- El Rancho Nuevo, 804 O’Fallon Road – follow up, in compliance
- Circle K, 5952 South Highway 94 – score 95
- Los 3 Compadres Mexican Restaurant, 1052 Wolfrum Road – score 100
- Albadia, 3957 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Subway, 3949 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Sunisa’s Thai Restaurant, 6057 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 95
- White Castle, 4800 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Jenners Kids Daycare, 1901 Thoele Road – score 100
- 7-Eleven, 7901 Mexico Road – score 95
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from November 2018:
- Long John Silver’s, 4401 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 89
- LP Mart, 699 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Luigi and Raffaele’s Pizza, Pasta & Catering, 5548 Salt River Road – score 100
- Mandarin Garden, 36 Plaza 94 – score 94
- McDonald’s, 3883 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- McAlister’s Deli, 7106 Mexico Road – score 98
- McDonald’s, 6251 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Misty Nights Bar and Grill, 4241 North St. Peters Parkway – score 86
- Mr. Goodcents Subs and Pastas, 4101 MexicoRoad Ste. D – score 100