The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, April 25 – May 1, 2018.
Lake Saint Louis
- McDonald’s, 2144 West Terra Lane – score 93
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Observed food and plastic in the hand washing sink located closest to the drive-thru area; hand washing sinks should only be used for hand washing and no other purposes. Observed the hand washing sink located closest to the drive-thru area had a broken soap dispenser; a soap dispenser has been ordered to replace the broken one. Observed trash and a black-like residue on the floors in the walk-in freezer; the floors in the freezer should be swept and mopped often to remove the trash and black-like residue. Observed grease, food residue, etc. on the floors throughout the kitchen, specifically under the stoves and fryers; a cleaning schedule should be put into place and followed so that the equipment is removed from the walls and the floors are swept and mopped often.
- Cottages of Lake Saint Louis – Grace’s Cottage, 2885 Technology Drive – follow up, in compliance
- The Goddard School, 1513 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Hardee’s, 1944 Wentzville Parkway – score 88
Employees not washing hands, properly 5(pnt) – Employees to wash hands when changing tasks. Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Utensils and food contact surfaces to be stored and maintained clean and sanitized. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Non contact surfaces of ice machine and soda dispenser in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Subway, 1201 Wentzville Parkway – score 95
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt). Discussed that thawing is to be done under refrigeration or, if at room temperature, under cool running water.
- Highway 40 Brews, 909 Main Plaza Drive – score 100
- Country Club Express Car Wash, 1744 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- QuikTrip, 1140 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- QuikTrip, 55 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Subway, 608 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- El Agave Mexican Restaurant, 1201 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Lu Lu’s Shaved Ice, 904 Main Plaza Drive – score 100
- Kona Ice, 1402 Devonshire Country Drive – score 100
- Sunny Street Cafe, 1814 Wentzville Parkway A – score 90
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Observed encrusted food on utensils and dishes. Food contact surfaces of utensils and dishes to be maintained clean. Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt). Observed leak at far right compartment of 3 compartment sink. Plumbing must be maintained in good repair. Discussed appropriate storage of personal items. Discussed maintenance of inside surfaces of ice machine. Discussed appropriate display of current inspection and permit.
- CVS Pharmacy, 801 Highway K – score 100
- Two Shamrocks Public House, 3449 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 98
- Thoele Convenience Store, 8695 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 88
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt). No adequate hand washing facilities supplied & accessible. Failure to post most recent inspection report.
- Dollar Tree, 3808 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 95
- Walgreen’s, 1490 Mexico Loop Road East – score 100
- Integrity Training Systems, 3010 Winghaven Boulevard – score 98
- Wallis Petroleum, 879 Bryan Road – score 100
- Cracker Barrel, 120 Progress Point Court – score 96
OBSERVED WALLS SOILED BY BACK UP AREA, WALLS BY DISHWASHER HEAVILY SOILED (REPEAT VIOLATION); FLOORING SOILED IN DRY STORAGE AREA; OBSERVED CEILING TILES SOILED BY PREP COOLER; OBSERVED 2018 PERMIT NOT POSTED
- Tubby’s Pub & Grub, 506 Droste Road – score 100
- Smoothie King, 2101 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Froyo Lindenwood, 2040 First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Mattingly’s St. Charles Sports Bar & Grill, 3434 Harry S Truman Boulevard – score 100
- Lindenwood U Food Service, Student Center, 209 South Kingshighway – score 93
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER IS NOT HEAT SANITIZING. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SUGAR CONTAINER HEAVILY SOILED ON THE OUTSIDE OF CONTAINER; OBSERVED HOT HOLDING UNIT SHELVIING SOILED; OBSERVED MAIN LINE DRAWERS SOILED
- Lindenwood U Food Service, Student Center, 209 South Kinghighway – follow up, violation corrected
- Country Inn & Suites, 1190 South Main Street – score 98
- Cracker Barrel, 910 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Huck’s Convenience Store, 328 South Main Street – score 93
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt). Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – only Tyson products not dated
- Jack in the Box, 1016 South Fifth Street – follow up, in compliance
- Bella Vino, 325 South Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- Dewey’s Pizza, 1520 South Fifth Street – score 91
No hot water at Handwash sink (at least 100Â° F) 5(pnt) – Observed no hot water at bar hand sink. Inadequate water pressure observed. Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed unwrapped straws at bar. Observed no permit posted.
- Krawl Daddy’s, 221 North Main Street – score 100
- Padavan’s NY, 3249 Rue Royale – follow up
Previously cited violation #10 bar hand sink not set up, observed to be in satisfactory compliance. All other violation need to be corrected by next regular inspection
- Ho Ho Chinese Restaurant, 1801 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Non-food grade materials used for food storage 2(pnt) – OBSERVED COOKED FOODS BEING STORED IN CARDBOARD BOXES. DISCUSSED REQUIREMENTS AND CHARACTERISTICS FOR FOOD GRADE CONTAINERS. ITEMS DISCARDED. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED NON FOOD CONTACT SURFACES WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. CLEAN AT INCREASED FREQUENCY. AREAS NOT LIMITED TO, BUT INCLUDE AREA SURROUNDING FRYERS, FLOORS IN CORNER BY HOT WATER HEATER, AND SURROUNDING FLOORS THROUGHOUT KITCHEN. Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – OBSERVED UNNECESSARY ITEMS STORED IN KITCHEN AREA ON FLOORS AND THROUGHOUT. RELOCATE OUTSIDE OF KITCHEN TO ELIMINATE HARBORAGE CONDITIONS AND POSSIBILITIES FOR CONTAMINATION OF SURFACES.
- Whitmoor Country Club Clubhouse, 1100 Whitmoor Drive – score 98
- Whitmoor CC, the Crossing, 1100 Whitmoor Drive – score 100
- QuikTrip, 225 North Kingshighway – score 100
- Thoele Convenience Store, 7407 South Outer 364 – score 90
Repeat violation – proper hot holding temperatures. Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt). Reinspection for hot holding after repeat violation.
St. Charles County
- Persimmon Woods Golf Club, 6401 Weldon Spring Road – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED TRAY UNDER MEAT SLICER SOILED; OBSERVED FAN GUARD SOILED IN WALK IN COOLER; OBSERVED TOP OF DISHWASHER SOILED; OBSERVED FLOORING IN WALK IN FREEZER SOILED; OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED UNDER DISHWASHER
- El Rancho Nuevo, 804 O’Fallon Road – score 100
- Kate’s Coffee, 5525 Walnut Street – score 100
- Halcyon Days at Ebenezer UCC, 5541 Walnut Street – score 100
- Ebenezer UCC, 5541 Walnut Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following scores are from March 2018:
- Karen’s Kids, 3857 McClay Road – score 100
- KFC, 1699 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Kidz Academy, 1 Sugarwood Drive – score 98
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, 690 Starwood Drive -s core 100
- Lion’s Choice, 6274 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Little Caesar’s, 4879 Mexico Road – score 96
- Little Learners of St. Peters, 605 South Church Street – score 100
- Long John Silvers, 4401 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- LP Mart, 699 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Martian Car Wash, 6088 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- McAlister’s Deli, 7106 Mexico Road – score 100
- McDonald’s, 6251 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 93 (March 14), score 98 (March 27)
- McDonald’s, 24 Harvester Square – score 100
- Mid East Area on Aging, 108 McMenamy Road – score 100
- Mid Rivers Elementary School Y Club, 7479 Mexico Road – score 100
- Misty Nights Bar & Grill, 4241 North St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- Mr. Goodcents Subs and Pastas, 4101 Mexico Road Ste. D – score 100