The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, January 24 – 30, 2018.
Lake Saint Louis
- IHOP, 10 Layla Lane – score 100
- Rikerly’s Place, 403 Luetkenhaus Boulevard – score 100
- Outback Steak House, 4002 Winghaven Boulevard – score 93
Observed that grout on floors are severally damaged REPEAT 2X; Last inspection report not posted for public view
- Sugarfire Smoke House, 9955 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Hunan King, 3038 Winghaven Boulevard – score 96
Observed that exterior of rice steamers is sticky and shows residua of old food; Observed that hood vent is covered with grease
- Flik Intl Corp at Mastercard, 2200 Mastercard Boulevard – score 100
- Circle K, 1750 O’Fallon Road – score 91
Observed single use items (cups) in back storage room stored on the floor. Observed most recent inspection not posted in public view
- VFW Post 5077, 8500 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed multiple containers of food that were not dated; during the inspection, all of the containers that were not dated were removed from the cooler and thrown away; food that is prepared or ready-to-eat foods are required to be dated with the day of preparation or 7 days following
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, 2676 Highway K – score 100
- El Caporal, 2265 First Capitol Drive – score 91
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION. ESTABLISHMENT NEEDS TO HAVE SOMEONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE TO COVER ALL SHIFTS OF THE OPERATION; OBSERVED DRY WALL IN DRY STORAGE AREA IN NEED OF REPAIR AND NOT SMOOTH AND EASILY CLEANABLE; NO 2018 PERMIT
- Nancy’s Sweet Nothings, 1312 North Second Street R – score 100
- Chartwells at Discovery Elementary, 500 Discovery Path Lane – sore 100
- All Generations Adult Day Center, 2061 Exchange Drive – score 98
- Chartwells at Orchard Farm Early Learning, 3489 Boschertown Road – score 100
- St. Charles 18 Cine, 1830 South First Capitol Drive – score 96
OBSERVED TRASH IN PARKING LOT AREA; 2018 Permit not posted
- Chartwells at Harris Elementary, 2800 Old Muegge Road – score 100
- Chartwells at Lincoln Elementary, 625 South Sixth Street – score 100
- St. Peter School, 201 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Pangea, 3245-1 Rue Royale Street – score 96
Observed use of unwrapped straws for drinks; Talked about Variance procedures for sous vide cooking. Management stated that they do not cook that way any more. The variance will stay in file and if management decide to do it again they shell notified Department and continue with approved procedures. Also talked about sprouting, personal hygiene, proper dish washing order. Please post your last inspection report for public view
- Windsor Estates of St. Charles, 2150 West Randolph Street – score 100
- 77 Bistro at Windsor Estates, 2150 West Randolph Street – score 100
- Show Me’s, 2795 Veterans Memorial Parkway – follow up
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – Observed dishwasher still not sanitizing. Chlorine reading a 10ppm. Flooring by fryer still need to be cleaned.
- Sodexo at Harvest Ridge Elementary School, 1220 Harvest Ridge Drive – score 100
- Embassy Suites, Cyprus Kitchen, 2 Convention Center Plaza – score 91
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – Observed soda nozzle outer area soiled; Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed ready to eat foods in restaurant kitchen walk in cooler without 7 day date marking. Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2 (pnt) – Observed employee jacket stores on top of covered bowls of food on prep table.
- Sodexo at Castlio Elementary School, 1020 Dingledine Road – score 100
- Kids Academy, 6016 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 100
- Sodexo at Warren Elementary School, 141 Weiss Road – score 100