The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, May 16 – 22, 2018.
Lake Saint Louis
- Show Me Donuts, 52 Toucan Drive – score 98
- Gas N Shop, 100 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 90
- Dam-it Joes, 28 Auvergne Drive – score 100
- Boardwalk Subs, 2758 Highway K – score 100
- Subway, 119 O’Fallon Commons Drive – score 96
- Waffle House, 106 West Terra Lane – score 88
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt). Observed drain flies coming from standing water below dish machine and beneath glass refrigerator north end. Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt). Water leaking at water supply line beneath dish area.
- Aramark at Citi Mortgage, 1000 Technology Drive – score 98
- Super 8 Motel, 987 West Terra Lane – score 96
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – Observed no thermometers in the refrigerator storing cold beverages and other chilled items. Food stored in prohibited area 2(pnt) – Observed chemicals and food stored next to each other in the back storage area. Facility should separate chemicals and food items to prevent contamination.
- Target Store grocery, 2300 Highway K – score 100
- Target Starbucks, 2300 Highway K – score 100
- 88 China, 1326 Sunburst Drive – score 100
- Target store deli, 2300 Highway K – score 100
- Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, 3023 Highway K – score 85
No one on duty has basic food safety certification. PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed food temperature at reach in cooler at “order here” sign holding 53 F at time of inspection. Food removed from cooler at time of inspection and is not to be used until cooler can hold temperature of 41 or lower. Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak at 3 compartment sink. Discussed heavy condensate in walk in cooler potentially contaminating food. Discussed condensate in floor of reach in cooler at “order here” sign which can contaminate food.
- Twin Oaks Estate, 707 Emge Road – score 100
- Big T Deli, 1322 North Main Street – score 93
RTE / TCS foods are to be disposed of after 7 days in use. If frozen the date marking should indicate dates frozen. Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt). Moisture condensate in walk in cooler, at plumbing into refrigeration unit, leaking on to food box. Condensate not to contaminate food. Most recent inspection to be posted.
- Walmart retail, bakery, deli, 1307 Highway K – all scored 100
- China Buffet and Grill, 373 Winding Woods Drive – score 83
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Temperature controlled ready to eat foods at BBQ bar out of temperature. Cold Held at 54 F. All Temp controlled foods disposed of at time of inspection. Only use cold hold if temp of 41 or below maintained. This area is cooled by ice bath. Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – Records for sushi making and disposal are not updated for today. Sushi on display to be disposed of and new sushi is to be provided for service to customers. Improper storage of toxics 5(pnt) – Improper storage of medicines and lye cleaner in food prep areas moved at time of inspection. Observed floors and walls in need of cleaning to prevent build up
- El Azteca Mexican Restaurant, 4265 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 98
- Pangea, 3245-1 Rue Royale Street – score 100
- Massa’s Italian Grill, 3761 New Town Boulevard – score 93
Bare hands contact with RTE food; Ceiling tiles in kitchen dirty. Discussed Storage of food above ground 6 in, Proper food service certification, unprotected straws for drinks, Cleaning walls floors and ceiling
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant, 2057 Zumbehl Road – score 90
OBSERVED PERSON IN CHARGE WITHOUT FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATION. CLASS IS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE. WILL CHECK FOR CERTIFICATION AT NEXT ROUTINE VISIT. OBSERVED PREVIOUS INSPECTION NOT POSTED. MUST BE PRINTED AND POSTED FOR PUBLIC VIEWING. DISCUSSED SWITCHING TO LED BULBS IN KITCHEN AND REMOVING LIGHT COVERS TO INCREASE BRIGHTNESS; GASKETS ON LEFT 2 DOOR REACH IN COOLER; CLEANING FREQUENCY FOR VENTS IN DINING ROOM AND SURROUNDING CEILING TILES.
- Fort Taco, 3788 Elm Street – score 100
- McSmiths Kitchen & Catering, 3791 New Town Boulevard – score 100
- Dewey’s Pizza, 1520 South Fifth Street – follow up, in compliance
- St. Joseph Hospital, 300 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Teddy Bear Daycare and Learning Academy, 2120 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- Sugarfire Smokehouse, 3150 Elm Point Industrial Drive – score 94
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt); Employees wearing more jewelry than a plain ring, on arms or hands 2(pnt); Facial long hair not restrained; Outside containers not stored in enclosure and cleanable area. Talked about excessive use of towels,
- Show Me’s, 2795 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 89 (no written report available)
- El Agave, 3823 Elm Street – score 93
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed that food stored in food prep cooler is more than 41 F. Torn curtains or leaky door seals on machines 2(pnt) – Food prep cooler have torn gasket and Reach over freezer is broken
- Motomart, 3750 New Town Boulevard – score 100
- Winery of the Little Hills, 501 South Main Street – score 96
OBSERVED DRIPS FROM VENTS IN PRODUCE/BEER WALK IN COOLER LOCATED OUTSIDE. OBSERVED AREAS WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS TO INCLUDE FLOORS SURROUNDING FRYERS, ICE CHUTE FOR ICE MAKER, AND FLOORS OF WALK IN COOLER, UNDER EQUIPMENT AND IN CORNERS. DESIGNATE AND LABEL HANDSINK IN BAR. 2 COMPARTMENT SINK IN BAR. GLASSWARE MUST BE WASHED IN KITCHEN IN 3 COMPARTMENT OR DISHMACHINE. DISCUSSED GETTING COPIES OF ALL FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS AND KEEPING IN OFFICE.
- PF Chang’s, 400 Lombard Street – follow up
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED TEMPERATURES AT PANTRY COOLER AT 57 DEGREES. Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED TIME AS A CONTROL FOR RICE NOT BEING USED. PREVIOUS VIOLATIONS HAVE NOT BEEN CORRECTED.
- Wallis Petroleum, 3840 West Clay Street – score 95
- Wallis Petroleum, 2311 Upper Bottom Road – score 100
- The English Shop, 423 South Main Street – score 100
- El Caporal, 2265 First Capitol Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Wapelhorst Park Concession Stand, 1875 Muegge Road – score 100
- Towneplace Suites of St. Charles, 1800 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Blanchette Park Concession Stand, 1900 West Randolph Street – score 100
- Embassy Suites Cyprus Kitchen, 2 Convention Center Plaza – score 89
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – Observed ice machine soiled. Observed soda nozzles soiled. Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DATE MARKINGS MISSING IN WALK IN COOLER. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving soiled at Omelette station. Observed flooring heavily soiled at Omelette station
- Best Western Plus, 1425 South Fifth Street – score 98
- Whitmoor CC Pool Concession, 1100 Whitmoor Drive – score 100
- The Morgan School, 7401 South Outer 364 – score 98
- South 94 Bait-N-Tackle, 6301 Weldon Spring Road – score 100
- Albadia, 3957 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Midwest Petroleum Co., 2700 Technology Drive – score 95
- His and Hers BBQ, 7827 Highway N – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following scores are from April 2018:
- Developmental Learning Center, 3011 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 4167 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 309 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. A – score 93 (April 10), score 98 (April 24)
- Doughboy’s Wood Fired Pizza Food Truck, 6925 Michigan Avenue – score 100
- Emperor China, 4107 Mexico Road – score 96
- The Finish Line, 5200 Mexico Road – score 100
- First Watch, 312 Mid Rivers Center – score 98
- Fort Zumwalt Early Childhood Center, 7898 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Francis Howell North Concession Stand, 2549 Hackmann Road – score 100
- The Goddard School, 1402 Gettysburg Landing – score 100
- Good Tymes Pub, 231 Spencer – score 100
- Honey Baked Ham Store, 185 Mid Rivers mall Drive -s core 100
- Jack in the Box, 299 Salt Lick Road Ste. 100 – score 94
- Jakwagons Sports Grille, 3611 North St. Peters Parkway – score 85 (April 18), score 96 (April 30)
- Jimmy John’s, 6925 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- KFC, 4118 Mexico Road – score 100
- Kyoto Steakhouse of Japan, 4054 North Cloverleaf Drive – score 100