The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, June 27 – July 3, 2018.
- Stefanina’s Pizzeria & Restaurant, 762 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Benefits Bistro, 100 East Pitman Avenue – score 100
- KFC, 718 West Pearce Boulevard – score 98
- Stone Summit Steak & Seafood, 17 Cliff View Drive – score 98
- McDonald’s, 766 West Pearce Boulevard – score 95
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leaking water in basement in area of unused ice machine. Water dripping is to be eliminated. Follow up to occur in 30 days. all food and food related items are to be kept away from water and splash of water until repair is made.
Lake Saint Louis
- Smoothie King, 105 Pond Fort Trail – score 100
- Great American Progress Point, 1 Progress Point Parkway – score 95
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOOD TEMPERATURES AT COLD TABLE READING 47 DEGREES. COLD HOLDING TEMPERATURES NEED TO BE 41 DEGREES OR LOWER.
- New China, 620 North Main Street – score 90
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt). Food stored in prohibited area 2(pnt) – Observed that eggs are stored over prepared ,precut veggies. Wiping cloths not stored in sanitizer 2(pnt). Non-food grade materials used for food storage 2(pnt) – Unprotected bare wood used for food storage pallets. Observed use of non commercial freezers. Large freezer observed to be broken and need to be replaced with ANSI – NSF approved unit. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt)
- Penn Station, 1932 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Rockin Jump, 61 North Central Drive – score 96
- Garden View Care Center, 700 Garden Path – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) on two units in kitchen. Employee bathroom door not self closing. Unshielded bulbs 2(pnt) and broken shield on neon light in dishwashing area
- Amerikids Christian Center, 1017 North Main Street – score 100
- Assisted Living at the Meadowlands, 135 Meadowlands Estates Lane – score 100
- Subway, 37 O’Fallon Square – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 38 O’Fallon Square – score 100
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 112 Laura K Drive – score 100
- Taco Bell, 102 Fallon Parkway – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed a sticky residue on the back shelving holding clean containers. This is a repeated violation. Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed cracked flooring near the three compartment sink. This is a repeated violation.
- KFC, 8716 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 89
No Certified Food Protection Manager on site during the inspection. Handwashing signage 2(pnt) – Observed no handwashing sink signage during the inspection. This is a repeated violation and it is important for employees to know which sinks are designated for handwashing only. Improper storage of toxics 5(pnt) – Observed sanitizers and other cleaning supplies stored next to packaged food items on a shelf near the walk-in cooler. This violation was immediately corrected on site, where chemicals were moved to a separate location. Observed the opening and outer lid of the ice machine having a dark residue on the ice machine. Ice machine should be regularly cleaned to avoid dark build up. Previous violations from the last inspection have been corrected including the flooring near the three compartment sink and the walls next to the mop sink. Hand washing signage has been provided to the facility for the hand sink missing the signage.
- Fairwinds – Rivers Edge, 600 Rivers Edge Drive – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SEAL ON SALAD COOLER LO BOY IS NEED OF REPAIR. OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER DOOR IN NEED OF REPAIR.
- Culver’s, 2750 Muegge Road – score 100
- Chinatown Express, 2205 First Capitol Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Steak N Shake, 2221 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING IN PREP COOLER SOILED. OBSERVED EQUIPMENT STARTING TO ACCUMULATE DUST. OBSERVED BREAD STORAGE CONTAINER SOILED. OBSERVED FLOOR SOILED BY CHILI POT AND DISHWASHER AREA
- Cribs 2 Crayons Child Development Center, 2100 Campus Drive – score 100
- Rally’s, 826 First Capitol Drive – score 93
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED TEMPERATURES IN REACH IN COOLER WERE IN THE TEMPERATURE DANGER ZONE. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE SCOOP STORAGE CONTAINER HEAVILY SOILED
- Rally’s, 826 First Capitol Drive – follow up, violation corrected/in compliance
- Arby’s, 1830 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Boys & Girls Club of St. Charles County, 1211 Lindenwood Avenue – score 100
- Tru by Hilton, 333 Camelback Road – score 100
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 1465 Bass Pro Drive – score 98
- Mr Thirsty’s Bar & Grill, 324 North Main Street – score 95
OBSERVED DISHMACHINE AT 0 PPM CHLORINE. CORRECTED BY REPLACING EMPTY SANITIZER CHEMICAL AND PRIMING LINES. CORRECTED TO 50 PPM CHLORINE.
- St. Louis Bread Company, 2079 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Sweet Angelina’s Cafe, 550 Highway F – score 100
- Bemo’s, 5373 Highway N – score 95
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN PREP COOLER AND AT DRINK STATION IN THE TEMPERATURE DANGER ZONE
- Raising Cain’s Chicken Fingers, 6095 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from May 2018:
- La Carreta Mexican Restaurant, 4203 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- Lanabris Bistro, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 90 (May 8), score 96 (May 21)
- Laurel Park Pool Concession Stand, 181 Driftwood Lane – score 100
- Les Bon Temps, 1211 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Lion’s Choice, 3807 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Little Caesar’s, 36 Harvester Square Ste. B – score 94
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 3300 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Max Out at Harvest Lanes, 4101 North St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- McDonald’s, 3883 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 88
- Menard’s, 151 Spencer Road – score 100
- Dairy Queen, 1217 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Mobil Mart, 203 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- New China Queen, 1217 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Nightshift Bar & Grill, 3979 Mexico Road – score 100