The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of March 20 – 26, 2019.
- Kiddie Korral, 161 North Main Street – score 93
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Sanitizer solution at 3 comp sink is undetectable.
Hot Point refrigerator leaking condensate into compartment should be fixed.
- Bear Creek Golf Club, 158 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- City of Wentzville Parks and Recreation, 968 Meyer Road – score 100
- Hope Learning Center, 9 Love Park Lane – score 100
- Faith United Church of Christ, 106 Kent Drive – score 100
- Las Lajas Mexican Store, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard Ste. 114 – score 85
Employees not washing hands, properly 5(pnt) – Hands to be washed before and after preparing potentially hazardous raw foods.
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Sanitizer solution of proper concentration to be maintained to clean and sanitize food prep surfaces before and after use and between used for differing types of potentially hazardous foods
Improper storage of toxics 5(pnt) – Storage of toxic chemicals to be maintained away from all foods and food related items.
- Hawk’s Nest Liquor, 359 Luetkenhaus Boulevard – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 1053 Meyer Road – score 100
- 88 China, 1933 Wentzville Parkway – not inspected
ATTEMPTED INSPECTION BUT THERE WAS A SIGN ON THE DOOR THAT SAID THEY WILL BE CLOSED EVERY TUESDAY FOR FAMILY
- Los Portales, 503 West Pearce Boulevard – score 77
Food manager not food safety certified.
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt)
Improper thawing 2(pnt) – Thawing to be done under cool running water or refrigeration only.
Observed lots of flies in dish and 3 comp sink area. Flies to be eliminated.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed at 3 comp sink resulting in accumulation of waste water below contributing to fly population in kitchen.
Dumpster lids are open 2(pnt) – Observed dumpsters so full lids can not close.
Facility does not have a current permit.
Discussed that only employees allowed in kitchen
- Walgreen’s, 1993 Wentzville Parkway – score 98
- Walgreen’s, 10 East Highway N – score 100
- Village Center Care, 909 East Pitman Avenue – score 96
Food stored in prohibited area 2(pnt) – Foods to be stored 6 inches above ground.
Observed storage surfaces in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
Lake Saint Louis
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1413 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Learning Lodge West, 5101 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Hope Montessori Academy, 1880 South Henke Road – score 100
- J.L. Mudd Elementary School, 610 Prince Ruppert Drive – score 100
- Show-Me’s, 2509 Highway K – score 84
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Observed fish thawing in the hand sink located by the dishwashing machine. This was corrected on site; employee moved fish to prep sink area.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed ready to eat food items past their 7 day marking including salad dressings and cole slaw in the walk in cooler.
Observed cutting board in kitchen with excessive scratching and scoring. Resurface cutting boards. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soiled and excessive overgrowth of food debris on soda nozzles in bar area. Clean nozzles regularly. Observed shelving in dishwash area with sticky food debris holding clean containers. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed excessive food debris and grease located underneath the fryers. Floors should be cleaned regularly.
Observed floor tiles missing in the bar area. Floors should be smooth and easily cleanable.
- Tully’s Taproom, 1120 Technology Drive Ste. 113A – score 100
- Rock Creek Elementary School, 8970 Mexico Road – score 100
- Moudy’s Bar & Grill, 2151 West Terra Lane – score 94
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Rear door should remain closed to prevent pest entry.
Wiping cloths not stored in sanitizer 2(pnt) – Should be stored in sanitizer of appropriate concentration.
Basin or drain of 3 comp sink leaks. Should be maintained in good condition
- Mount Hope Elementary School, 1099 Mount Hope Lane – score 100
- Bright Start Academy, 864 Homefield Boulevard – score 96
Food not properly covered in refrigerator.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Hood soiled with dust.
- World of Little People, 128 East Elm Street – score 100
- Twin Chimneys Elementary School, 7396 Twin Chimneys Boulevard – score 100
- Garden Villas of O’Fallon, 7092 South Outer 364 – score 100
- Assisted Living at the Meadowlands, 135 Meadowlands Estates Lane – score 100
- West Middle School, 150 Waterford Crossing Drive – score 100
- B Halls Family Grill, 2782 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Petro Mart, 914 Bryan Road – score 100
- O’Fallon Early Childhood Center, 220 Sonderen Street – score 95
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – Raw chicken to be stored below all RTE foods
- La Chata, 3891 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on a few reach in coolers in the kitchen.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soiled can opener. Clean regularly.
- Cottleville Wine Seller, 5314 Highway N – score 98
- Holiday Inn Express, 3098 Elm Point Industrial Drive – score 98
- Steak N Shake, 3909 Mexico Road – follow up, in compliance
During the inspection I observed employees washing their hands, soap/paper towels at the hand sink, food items in hot holding containers at appropriate temperatures, gaskets thoroughly cleaned, and food items in cold holding containers at appropriate temperatures. Discussed keeping lids down over cold holding display items in the drive-through to help keep temperatures at appropriate levels. Steak n’ Shake did have maintenance come out to make appropriate adjustments. Mold complaint was also addressed during the follow-up inspection.
- Trailhead Brewing Company, 921 South Riverside Drive – score 98
- Sleep Inn & Suites, 150 Fountain Lakes Boulevard – score 93
No person in charge with minimum requirement for food safety certification
Quat sanitizer dispenser not dispensing within 200-400 ppm range. Must add chemical manually to 200 to 400 ppm or use chlorine to range of 50-100 ppm until corrected.
- Sleep Inn & Suites, 150 Fountain Lakes Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- Lloyd & Harry’s, 208 North Main Street – score 96
Observed floors in upstairs kitchen with accumulation of debris under equipment and work surfaces, including behind and under fryers. Clean areas at increased frequency to prevent buildup.
Observed water drips to plumbing on prep sink in upstairs kitchen.
- Asia, Production Kitchen, TDR, Star Club, Pearl’s Oyster Bar, Falcon Diner, Landmark Bufet, Conference Center, Amerisports Bar, Bugatti’s, Ryse, Glo Bar, King Cat Lounge, King Lucky Seven Bar, King Level 2 Service Bar, Bottleneck Blues Bar at Ameristar, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – all scored 100
- King Black Jack Bar, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 95
- Level 2 King Front Bar, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 98
- Queen Black Jack Bar, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 95
- Sushi Ai, 2009 Zumbehl Road – score 96
Wood shelves not sealed or painted 2(pnt) – OBSERVED WOOD SHELVING NOT SEALED
Insufficient lighting 2(pnt) – OBSERVED INSUFFICIENT LIGHTING IN KITCHEN
- Missouri Bluffs Golf Club, 18 Research Park Circle – score 100
- Circle K, 3700 Elm Street – score 91
Dirty ceiling, walls, moldy seal on door- walk-in cooler soiled, leaking cans at handwash sink
- Schnuck’s salad bar, 1950 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Schnuck’s bakery, 1950 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Dollar General Store, 520 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Boat House Food & Deck, 601 North Shore – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 1301 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Beef Jerky Outlet, 1320 Bass Pro Drive – score 100
- Pedestal Foods Lindenwood Qdoba, 209 South Kingshighway – score 100
- Family Dollar Store, 2426 West Clay Street – score 98
- Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Co., 2055 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Clark’s Outpost, 420 South Main Street – score 100
- Grandma’s Cookies, 410 South Main Street – score 100
- Dollar General Store, 1692 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 98
- Culpepper’s, 3010 West Clay Street – score 90
Observed pull out cold holding cooler under grill not holding foods below 41F. Food observed include beef patty at 48F, raw chicken, 50F, steak intact 47F, and fish at 50F. Items removed from service and cooler not used until temperature corrected.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed inconsistent dating of products on lines.
- Sodexo at Francis Howell High School, 7001 Highway 94 – score 100
- Lindenwood University Food Service Spellman Center, 209 South Kingshighway – score 98
- PF Chang’s China Bistro, 400 Lombard Street – follow up, in compliance
Establishment is using ice and time as a control until cooler is repaired.
- Arctic Sno, Lot 4 Dardenne Prairie Plaza – score 98
- Red Robin, 7821 Highway N – score 100
- Gas Mart 30 , 14000 Highway 67 – score 100
- Rivers Edge Convenience Store, 14700 Highway 67 – score 100
- Gas Mart 21, 14010 Highway 67 – score 79
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt). No hand dryer
Wiping cloths not stored in sanitizer 2(pnt)
D- single service on floor
5 501 17- covered recepticle
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt)
- Montelle Winery, 201 Montelle Drive – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from January 2019
- Papa John’s Pizza, 521 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Pasta House Company, 4095 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 92
- Petro Mart, 6095 Mexico Road – score 90 (Jan. 17), score 100 (Jan 29)
- Pizza Hut, 939 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Pizza Hut, 4219 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Popeye’s, 401 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Saints Joachim & Ann School Cafeteria, 4110 McClay Road – score 100
- Silver Moon Saloon, 12-14 Harvester Square – score 100
- Snow Factory 2, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1210 – score 93
- South 94 Bistro, 3004 South St. Peters Parkway Ste. A – score 96
- St. Peters Elementary School, 400 McMenamy Road – score 100
- Subway, 2955 North St. Peters Parkway – score 95 (Jan. 10), score 98 (Jan. 23)
- Taco Bell, 1630 Jungermann Road – score 92
- Taco Bell, 4120 Mexico Raod – score 86 (Jan. 7), score 96 (Jan. 17)
- The Goddard School, 700 Old Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Valenti Market & Catering, 6750 Mexico Road – scor 98
- Viet-Thai, 3899 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 81 (Jan 17), score 91 (Jan. 18)
- Villages of St. Peters, 5400 Executive Centre Parkway – score 98
- Walmart bakery, 1661 Jungermann Road – score 96
- Walmart deli, meat, 1661 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Walmart refrigerated, 1661 Jungermann Road – score 100
- White Castle, 4201 Veterans Memorial Parkway Ste. 38 – score 98