The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of June 19 – 25, 2019.
- Travel Centers of America, 3265 North Service Road East – score 100
- Bristol Manor, 840 West Northview Avenue – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 504 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- KFC, 718 West Pearce Boulevard – score 93
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Freezers in basement are not in good state of repair.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed 2 leaks in fresh water system at bottom of basement stairs and a leak at bottom of compartment 1 (wash) of 3 compartment sink in kitchen.
- Sam’s Club bakery, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites (opening), 1100 Lodora Drive – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Starbuck’s, 6319 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 835 Robert Raymond Drive – score 80
No certified food manager certificate available for staff currently on shift at the facility. There must be a certified food manager present during all operating hours and their certificate must be posted.
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no soap and no towels at handwash sink by front counter.
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on can opener, and in wells of ice cream scoop (clean wells and/or repair so that water is sufficiently washing away debris).
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed scoops in cole slaw (in prep cooler top) and box of butter (lower prep cooler) with scoops with the handles in the product.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Repair the gasket on the McCall upright freezer.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on the floors throughout (dishwash area, under utensil shelves, dry storage, walk-ins), grates on walkin cooler fan, handles on the coolers/freezers throughout (sticky).
No current (2019) license posted at the facility. Post the 2019 license.
- Fastlane, 1001 Tom Ginnever Avenue – follow up, in compliance
- Soulard Gyro, 1280 Highway K – score 98
- Thai Gourmet, 4267 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 88
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – Observed raw roast/meat in 2-door reach-in in bin with raw ready-to-eat vegetables.
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed jar of beef/paste that was required to be refrigerated sitting on shelf at 78 deg F.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Repair/Replace the back handwash sink that is not sealed tight against the wall.
Ice scoop storage (not in the ice)
Employee items (bottle water must be in cup with lid and straw, cigarettes must be stored separate)
- Brewskeez Sports Cafe, 4251 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 100
- Hunan King, 3038 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Starbuck’s, 4581 Highway K – score 100
- Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, 1165 Technology Drive – score 100
- TBR Prime Steak Market, 4609 Highway K – score 100
- AFC Sushi at Schnuck’s, 3740 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Caregivers Inn, 1297 Feise Road – score 100
- Schnuck’s deli, 7909 Highway N – score 100
- Lulu’s Bar Grill and Wraps, 3925 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 92
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt)
Observed torn gasket on reach in cooler in kitchen. Maintain gaskets in good condition and replace when torn.
SINK COMPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS
Observed deteriorating caulking above the three compartment sink in the bar area; creating a dark build up (potentially mold). Caulking should be in good repair above sink.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt)
Observed leak coming from the three compartment sink in the bar area on the bottom left hand side. Equipment must be in good repair.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt)
(1) Observed excessive accumulation of grease along the back wall behind the fryers and on the fryers. Clean floors and equipment regularly to avoid build up.
(2) Observed damaged floor tiles throughout the kitchen. Floor tiles must be smooth and easily cleanable.
(3) Observed missing ceiling tiles above the walk in cooler in the kitchen. This is a repeat violation.
Establishment is 21 and older; smoking inside of the establishment; observed children inside of the establishment during inspection.
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, 4716 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Bemo’s, 5373 Highway N – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – (1)Observed torn/broken reach in cooler lid. This is a repeat violation. Maintain equipment in good condition. (2)Observed ice build up in the freezer located in the bar. Defrost freezer to remove ice and sanitize equipment. (3) Observed torn gasket on stand up walk in cooler located in the back of the kitchen. Replace gasket.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak and accumulation of condensation in the reach in cooler located nearest to the ice machine. Repair leak for the cooler.
- Tendercare Learning Center, 4778 Central School Road – score 98
- Fazoli’s, 1698 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 95
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt)
OBSERVED FOODS IN BOTH REACH IN PREP COOLERS AT 47 AND 51 DEGREES
- Fazoli’s, 1698 Country Club Plaza – follow up
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOOD IN SANDWICH COOLER AT 41 DEGREES. OBSERVED PASTA COOLER STILL AT 53 DEGREES
OBSERVED SANDWICH COOLER VIOLATION HAS BEEN CORRECTED.
OBSERVED PASTA COOLER VIOLATION HAS NOT BEEN CORRECTED.
- St. Charles Elks Lodge 690, 560 Saint Peters Howell Road – score 98
- Lake St. Charles Retirement Community, 45 Honey Locust Lane – score 100
- Angie Burger, 7411 Mill Bridge Court – score 100
- Main Street General Store, 143 North Main Street – score 100
- A&W Restaurant, 3788 Elm Street – score 100
- Hendrick’s BBQ, 1200 South Main Street – follow up
Observed cleaning areas noted at last inspection corrected or in process of correcting. Observed fruit fly issue being corrected and harborage conditions being removed.
- Tucano’s Brazilian Grill, 1520 South Fifth Street – score 93
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED SALAD PREP REACH IN COOLER #1 & #3 TEMPERATURES AT 47 & 52 DEGREES
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SEALS IN REACH IN COOLERS IN DISREPAIR
- Just 4 Us Childcare, 2559 Raymond Drive – score 100
- Uncle Joe’s Bar & Grill, 204 North Main Street – score 100
- Bellacino’s Pizza & Grinders, 1455 Bass Pro Drive – score 89
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SODA NOZZLE AT BAR SOILED
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NUMEROUS FOOD IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKING
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SEAL IN WALK IN COOLER TORN, OBSERVED SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER RUSTED
Unshielded bulbs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED LIGHT IS UNSHIELDED BY 3 COMPARTMENT SINK
- Quintessential Restaurant and Night Club, 149 North Main Street – score 93
Observed fruit-fly-like insects in bar area, upstairs bar location, and throughout kitchen area. Contact pest control management company for treatment and eliminate harborage conditions.
Observed areas throughout kitchen with accumulation of debris. Areas found under work tables with accumulation of debris. Clean floors and under equipment at an increased frequency to prevent accumulation.
Observed center soda gun holder with debris accumulation at main level bar.
- Fairwinds Rivers Edge, 600 Rivers Edge Drive – score 100
- McAlisters Deli, 1598 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 95
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE READING AT 0 PPM
- Arby’s, 1830 South First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Centerpointe Hospital, 4801 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from March 2019
- Parrot’s Bar & Grill, 2951 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Pretzelmaker LL, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Pretzelmaker UL, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Primrose School of St. Charles at Heritage, 1001 Heritage Crossing – scor 100
- QuikTrip, 3847 McClay Road – score 98
- QuikTrip, 4646 South St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- Red Lobster, 4101 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Red Robin, 317 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Rosy’s Cakes and Paco’s Tacos, 6240 Mexico Road – score 98
- SCCYSA Woodlands Park Concession Stand, 221 Spencer Road Ste. A – score 100
- Schnuck’s bakery, deli, seafood, 577 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – all scored 100
- Schnuck’s bakery, deli, salad bar, 48 Plaza 94 Drive – all scored 100
- Schnuck’s seafood, 48 Plaza 94 Drive – score 98
- Schnuck’s 211, 60 Harvester Square – score 98
- Schnuck’s 211, 100 Jungermann Road – score 93 (March 1), score 98 (March 11)
- Schnuck Chef Express, 577 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Seniors and Company Adult Day Services, 115 Piper Hill Drive Ste. 100 – score 100
- Silver Moon Saloon, 14 Harvester Square – score 100
- Sonic Drive-In, 651 Salt Lick Road – score 86 (March 14), score 92 (March 18)
- Spencer Place Assisted Living, 265 Spencer Road – score 98
- Starbuck’s, 7098 Mexico Road – score 100
- Starbuck’s, 6187 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 5885 Suemandy Drive – score 96
- Steak N Shake, 1460 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Subway, 947 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Subway, 3899 Veterans Memorial Parkway Ste G – score 98
- Subway, 4644 South St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- Syberg’s, 5856 Suemandy Drive – score 98
- Taco Bell, 159 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Target, 6241 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Thoele Convenience Store, 403 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Vasaio Atelier, 357 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 4492 Central School Road – score 100
- Walmart bakery, meat, refrigerated, 45 Sutters Mill Road – all scored 100
- Walmart deli, 45 Sutters Mill Road – score 98
- Walmart bakery, deli, fuel station convenience store, meat, 3031 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – all scored 100
- Walmart refrigerated, 3031 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Wild Poppy Atelier, 230 Jungermann Road – score 100