The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of October 16 – 22, 2019.
- Bristol Manor of Wentzville, 840 West Northview Avenue – score 100
- Parklane Care & Rehab Center, 401 Mar Le Drive – score 100
- Magical Adventures Learning Center, 310 Interstate Drive – score 100
- Sauce on the Side, 1764 Wentzville Parkway – score 100 (opening)
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1075 West Pearce Boulevard – score 95
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak at 3 compartment sink
- Holt High School, 600 Campus Drive – score 100
- Heritage Primary, 612 Blumhoff Avenue – score 100
- Heritage Intermediate, 601 Carr Street – score 100
- Wentzville Middle School, 405 Campus Drive- score 100
- Old Town Smokehouse, 2 East Main Street – score 100
- Fireside Bar & Grill, 30 West Highway D Ste. 103 – score 100
- Maracas, 4600 Highway Z – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Steak N Shake, 835 Robert Raymond Drive – score 100
- QuikTrip, 8334 Highway N – score 100
- Cadence Academy Preschool, 9983 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Brewskeez Sports Cafe, 4251 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 100
- Hunan King, 3038 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- New China, 620 North Main Street – score 95
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – All hand sinks should remain open and available for use.
Discussed build up of soiling in walk in refrigerator and covering of all foods in storage.
- C Rallo Meat Market, 1302 Sunburst Drive – score 100
- Andrews Bayou Ribs, 3576 Adie Road – score 100
- Frontier Middle School, 9233 Highway DD – score 100
- Thai Gourmet, 4267 Keaton Crossing, 90
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no soap/towels at handwash sinks.
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – Observed raw chicken in container over ready-to-eat foods in upright cooler.
- Caregivers Inn, 1297 Feise Road – score 100
- Schnucks retail, deli, seafood, bakery, 7909 Highway N – all scored 100
- Old Mill Stream Inn, 912 South Main Street – score 91
There remains no person in charge with a 5 year management level food safety certification. Must show proof of registration or completion of class by next routine inspection.
Found areas with accumulation of debris. Areas include (but not limited to): Ceiling tiles surrounding air vents, Wall and floor under fryers and sides of fryers, Dry goods shelving in dish room area, #10 can rack rails
Found handsink in bar area with hot water knob that is not functioning correctly. Repair or replace.
- Krawl Daddy’s, 221 North Main Street – score 100
- Uncle Joe’s Bar & Grill, 204 North Main Street – score 98
- Heart of St. Charles Banquet Center, 1410 South Fifth Street – score 90
No person in charge with a minimum food safety certification.
Found range and ovens with outside accumulation of debris. Found drawers, tables, and shelving with accumulation of debris. Found possible mold-like substance on lower level walk in cooler ceiling. Found top of ice chute in west room bar with possible mold-like substance.
Observed lower level dishmachine has been removed. Waste pipe terminated with rag in pipe.
Observed drip in lower level 2 compartment sink. Catch bowl filled with standing water under this sink.
Observed missing ceiling tile over 3 compartment sink in main kitchen.
Observed grease and debris accumulation on floors surrounding and under fryer, range, and ovens. Observed debris accumulation on floors under work surfaces.
Observed water damaged ceiling tiles.
Observed possible mold-like substances on floors by the dry storage shelves and walls in lower level kitchen.
Insufficient lighting 2(pnt) – Light intensity inadequate in main kitchen and lower level kitchen. Light intensity inadequate in lower level walk in cooler (no working bulb). Found various bulbs/ballasts without proper shielding of bulbs.
- Kabob N Kurry, 2220 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed top of dishmachine with debris accumulation. Observed dishracks with debris buildup. Observed walk in cooler floors and shelving with accumulation of debris. Observed dry storage shelving over prep surface with debris accumulation.
Observed grease and debris accumulation on floor behind gas range.
- First Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet, 3801 Mexico Road – score 91
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED KNIFE STORAGE AREA SOILED, OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED, OBSERVED ICE MACHINE SOILED, OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER FLOOR SOILED, OBSERVED FAN GUARD/BLADES SOILED IN KITCHEN
Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt)
OBSERVED EMPLOYEE ITEMS STORED ON TOP OF DISHES AND FOOD PREP AREA
- Dierbergs salad bar, seafood, bento sushi bar, 2021 Zumbehl Road – all scored 100
- Immanuel Lutheran School, 115 South Sixth Street – score 100
- Rookies Bar & Grill, 3721 New Town Boulevard – score 98
- St. Charles Borromeo Cafeteria, 601 North Fourth Street – score 100
- Mario’s Donuts & Cafe, 2786 Muegge Road – score 94
OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH BASIC SANITATION COURSE OR SERV SAFE
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – OBSERVED THERMOMETERS MISSING FROM REACH IN COOLER AND PREP COOLER
Unshielded bulbs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED LIGHTS NOT SHIELDED IN DRY STORAGE AREA
- Zion Lutheran Lunch Program, 3866 Harvester Road – score 100
- Denny’s, 1423 South Fifth Street – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED UTENSIL CONTAINER SOILED BY DISH STATION (CORRECTED ONSITE), OBSERVED PREP COOLER SHELVING SOILED IN KITCHEN AND DESSERT STATION, OBSERVED SODA NOZZLE ATTACHMENT SOILED, OBSERVED SHELVING UNDER STEAM TABLE SOILED
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED LEAK IN DISHWASHER PIPE BUCKET IS CATCHING WATER FROM PIPE (MAINTENANCE IS PRESENT TO FIX PIPE)
- Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church, 123 Church Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from August 2019
- Mann Meats, 300 St. Ferdinand Street – score 100
- McAlister’s Deli, 7106 Mexico Road – score 91 (August 6), score 94 (August 16)
- McDonald’s, 299 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- McDonald’s, 24 Harvester Square – score 98
- Misty Nights Bar and Grill, 4241 North St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- Mobil on the Run, 6191 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- New Ho’s Chinese, 6646 Mexico Road – score 98
- Panda Express, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1212 – score 100
- Papa John’s Pizza, 521 Jungermann Road – score 93
- Paul’s Donuts, 1320 Triad Center Drive – score 96
- Penn Station East Coast Subs, 318 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1 – score 96
- Petro Mart, 6098 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Petro Mart, 664 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 939 Jungermann Road – score 92
- QuikTrip, 3000 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Redbirds Sports Bar and Grill, 4223 North St. Peters Parkway – score 88 (August 1), score 96 (August 12)
- Saints Joachim & Ann School Cafeteria, 4110 McClay Road – score 100
- Schnuck’s, 100 Jungermann Road – score 96
- St. Louis Bread, 290 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 100
- St. Peters Golf Course, 200 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Starbuck’s Coffee, 7098 Mexico Road – score 100
- Subway, 947 Jungermann Road – score 93 (August 6), score 98 (August 20)
- Subway, 631 Salt Lick Road – score 89 (August 12), score 94 (August 26)
- Syberg’s, 5856 Suemandy Drive – score 98
- Taco Bell, 1630 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Taco Bell, 6082 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 94
- Target, 6241 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100 (August 5), score 88 (August 5), score 93 (August 19)
- Throw Backs, 1042 Venture Drive – score 100
- Vette’s, 4203 North St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- Walgreen’s, 4492 Central School Road – score 100
- Wallis Petroleum, 1495 Kisker Road – score 98
- Wendy’s, 275 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- West of Hunan Restaurant, 630 Jungermann Road – score 93
- Yogurt World, 6145 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100