The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of October 23 – 29, 2019.
- Wabash Elementary School, 100 Golden Gate Parkway – score 100
- Lakeview Elementary School, 2501 Mexico Road – score 100
- Future Stars Academy, 411 West Pearce Boulevard – score 88
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Soap should be available at hand sink
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – Dish machine is designed for use with commercial sodium hypochlorite solution. Facility is using a quatinary ammonia concentrate in machine and machine is not properly sanitizing dishes with this solution.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Shelves and microwave and drying area in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Tommy Boy’s Bar & Grill, 1229 Wentzville Parkway 199 – score 93
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – Chemical sanitizer should be maintained to clean prep surfaces and utensils as needed during prep.
Straws stored and awaiting use are to be stored as to not be contaminated as in a dispenser or individually wrapped.
- Stone Creek Elementary School, 1850 Highway Z – score 100
- Peine Ridge Elementary School, 1107 Peine Road – score 100
- St. Patrick School Cafeteria, 701 South Church Street – score 100
- Timberland High School, 559 East Highway N – score 100
- Sodexo at Daniel Boone Elementary School, 201 West Highway D – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Prados, 21 Meadows Circle Drive 326 – score 100
- St. Joseph School Cafeteria, 1410 Josephville Road – score 100
- AFC Sushi at Schnuck’s, 3740 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, 1165 Technology Drive – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at St. Dominic High School, 31 Saint Dominic Drive – score 100
- Christian High School, 1145 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 100
- Wendy’s, 4210 Highway K – score 100
- The Pasta House Co., 2558 Highway K – score 98
- Two Shamrocks Public House, 3449 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 100
- Crossroads Elementary School, 7500 Highway N – score 100
- Trigg Banquet Center, 300 O’Fallon Plaza – score 100
- Picasso’s Coffee, 101 North Main Street – score 100
- Zion Lutheran church, 3866 Harvester Road – score 100
- Texas Roadhouse, 1300 Bass Pro Drive – score 95
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT HEAT SANITIZING
- Texas Roadhouse, 1300 Bass Pro Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Pine Room Bar, 1102 Perry Street – score 100
- Sodexo at Harvest Ridge Elementary School, 1220 Harvest Ridge Drive – score 100
- Chartwells at St. Charles Senior High, 725 North Kingshighway Street – score 100
- Mattingly’s St. Charles Sports Bar & Grill, 3434 Harry S Truman Boulevard – score 98
- Dierberg’s deli, 2021 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Lewis & Clark American Restaurant, 217 South Main Street – score 98
- St. Charles Children’s House, 318 South Duchesne Drive – score 95
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt)
Do not use Food Prep sink for handwashing sink.
- Paleteria La Michoacana, 1821 Boones Lick Road – score 96
Minimum requirement is 1 individual to have a 5 year management level food safety certification. When this person is not on site, another person in charge (present at facility) must have a basic level food safety certification. Any NSF certified programs/certificates allowed.
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed ice cream scoops stored in warm water. Must be stored dry or in a dipper well with water running or in water 135F or above. Must be washed/rinsed/sanitized every 4 hours.
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed unnecessary items not essential to operation of business in back room. Remove items from inside the facility.
- Compass Group at Orchard Farm Middle School, 2195 Highway V – score 100
- St. Andrews Cinema, 2025 Golfway Street – score 100
- Chinatown Express, 2205 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER SOILED. OBSERVED SHELVING UNDER OIL CONTAINERS SOILED
OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED MY MIXER IN DRY STORAGE AREA
- Talayna’s World Class Pizza, 340 North Main Street – score 98
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1151 South Duchesne Drive – score 91
Observed no person in charge with a management level food safety certification.
Observed small drip on plumbing for prep sink.
Observed floors/walls/ceilings with accumulation of debris. Most notable are FRP walls in kitchen, debris surrounding grease trap area and under dry shelving in this area.
Observed drywall damage in utensil/pan storage area. Observed drywall damage in beer storage area in dry
storage area. Observed damaged wall under 2 compartment sink by dishmachine. Observed paint in poor condition on drywall sections without FRP in dishwashing area.
- St. Cletus School, 2721 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Spiro’s, 2275 Bluestone Drive – score 98
- Sodexo at Francis Howell High School, 7001 Highway 94 – score 100
- Bonnidell’s Ice Cream Shop, 3242-2 Rue Royale – score 100
- Grand Opera House Banquet Center, 311 North Main Street – score 100
- Roux Royale, 3331 Rue Royale – score 98
- Molly O’s Tropical Sno & Chili Shack, 3303-1 Rue Royale – score 100
- Laulie Cakes, 420 South Main Street – score 100
- Tompkins by the Rack House, 500 South Main Street – score 100
- Emmanuel United Church of Christ, 6210 South Highway 94 – score 100
- T Arcobassos Italian Restaurant, 1057 Wolfrum Road – score 100
- Persimmon Woods Golf Club, 6401 Weldon Spring Road – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at Messiah Lutheran, 5911 Highway 94 – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED GASKET IN REACH IN COOLER IN NEED OF REPAIR
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE MACHINE INSIDE SHELF HEAVILY SOILED
- Augusta Elementary School, 5541 Locust Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from September 2019
- 101 Asian Cuisine, 6132 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 76 (Sept. 25), score 86 (Sept. 26)
- ALDI, 343 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- ALDI, 1665 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Aro-Mart, 3755 Highway 94 S – score 100
- Aunt B’s at Menard’s, 151 Spencer Road – score 100
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Que, 4155 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Brookdale St. Peters, 363 Jungermann Road – score 100