The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the weeks of June 5 – 11, 2019.
- Healthy Foods Kitchen, 1231 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Wentzville Family Diner, 403 Luetkenhaus Boulevard – score 95
- Arby’s, 1988 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Schnuck’s seafood and retail, 1960 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Flik Intl at Mastercard, 2200 Mastercard Boulevard – score 100
- P & R Lounge, 500 North Main Street – follow up, violation abated
- Haveli at Mastercard, 2200 Mastercard Boulevard – score 100
- Petrichor Brewing, 7434 Village Center Drive – score 100
- Fazoli’s, 1108 Highway K – score 91
Observed no in-use sanitizer on premise during inspection. This was corrected on site.
Wiping cloths not stored in sanitizer 2(pnt) – Observed dirty wiping clothes sitting on a cutting board with no chemical sanitizer prepared for the kitchen.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed sticky accumulation of food residue on shelving holding clean plates and to-go containers. Clean shelving regularly to avoid build up.
- Arby’s, 705 Highway K – score 98
- Fastlane, 1001 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 95
Insufficient water capacity (includes hot water) 5(pnt) – Water at bathroom handwashing is self mixing and on a timer. When washing hands in bathroom, water system does not supply hot water to hand sinks. Water temperature at bathroom hand sinks should reach 100 F for adequate hand washing.
- Twin Chimneys HOA, 7145 Twin Chimneys Boulevard – score 100
- McDonald’s, 101 McDonald Lane – score 100
- Culvers, 8500 Mexico Road – score 98
- IHOP, 1912 Highway K – score 100
- The Pasta House Company, 2558 Highway K – score 89
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Foods in storage to be covered to prevent contamination. Foods in refrigeration without lid to be covered.
Several refrigeration units on service line are accumulating moisture. Units should function without accumulating moisture.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Rear wall and ceiling of ice bin at kitchen entry and main ice machine ceiling in need of cleaning to remove debris.
Current inspection to be posted.
- Garden View Care Center, 700 Garden Path – score 91
No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – Observed the use of the wrong sanitizer test strips for the facility. Establishment was using chlorine test strips and needs quaternary ammonia.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leaking plumbing on the bottom right hand side of the 3 compartment sink.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of dust on ceilings in the food preparation area. This is a repeat violation. Observed accumulation of trash and grease behind cooking equipment. Clean regularly.
- His and Hers BBQ, 2449 Highway K – score 100
- Amerikids Christian Center, 1017 North Main Street – score 100
- Red Robin, 1440 Mexico Loop Road E – score 100
- Golf Headquarters Family Golfplex Snack Bar, 3465 Highway K – score 100
- Golf Headquarters Family Golfplex, 3465 Highway K – score 100
- Raising Canes Chicken Fingers, 6095 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Growler USA, 3833 Elm Street – score 95
Observed dishmachine with air bubbles in sanitizer line and concentration after sanitizing cycle around 10 ppm chlorine. To discontinue use until corrected to 50-100 ppm. Servicing company to be contacted. Will follow up on Monday 06/10/19.
- Growler USA, 3833 Elm Street – follow up, in compliance
- Arby’s, 3786 Elm Street – score 100
- Culvers, 2750 Muegge Road – score 100
- Wendy’s, 2760 Muegge Road – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets with potential mold growth on multiple reach in coolers in the kitchen. Replace gaskets and maintain equipment in good condition.
Failure to post 2019 Food Establishment License.
- Bella Vino, 325 South Main Street – score 93
No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – Observed no chlorine test strips for dishwasher
Observed ceiling tiles above ice machine soiled
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, 1012 South Fifth Street – score 95
- El Maguey, 1151 South Duchesne Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Lewis & Clark American Restaurant, 217 South Main Street – score 98
- Hunan House, 428 South Fifth Street – score 89
Observed items without date marking in make table. Items discarded.
Observed some thin walled plastic storage containers remain in use.
Observed #10 cans not being discarded after opening and foods being stored in original cans.
Observed cardboard covering floor in front of fryer and on work counter surface.
Observed hood system with accumulation of grease. Scheduled for cleaning on evening of 06-10-19.
Observed burner range with accumulation of grease and debris on front and sides.
Observed hole in dry wall by exit door in kitchen as a result of new door installation. Have patched and repaired.
Observed dust accumulation on vent above exit door location in kitchen.
Observed grease and food debris accumulation on floors in corner by wok line and under cooking line.
- Kabab N Kurry, 2220 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Observed non-food contact surfaces requiring more frequent cleaning. Areas include dry storage shelving, outsides of dry bulk storage bins/containers, and surface of table by 2 door reach in freezer.
Observed floors with accumulation of debris. Areas most notable under dishmachine and 3 compartment sink, under work tables and dry storage shelving units, behind cooking equipment and in corners.
Observed wall by gas range with grease accumulation.
Clean areas at an increased frequency to prevent buildup and accumulation.
- Rookies Bar & Grill, 3721 New Town Boulevard – score 96
Observed hood system with grease accumulation.
Observed walk in cooler shelving with accumulation of debris.
Observed dust accumulation on walls and ceilings by tv monitor by true 2 door cooler and near dishmachine/ice maker area.
Observed grease accumulation on wall next to hood and by continental 1 door reach in freezer.
Observed black debris on frp walls in 3 compartment and dishmachine area.
- Mattingly’s St. Charles Sports Bar & Grill, 3434 Harry S Truman Boulevard – score 98
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from March 2019
- Days Inn, 130 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Denny’s, 3939 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- Dollar General Store, 34 Harvester Square – score 100
- Dollar General Store, 1080 Grand Teton Drive – score 98
- Dollar Tree Store, 6670 Mexico Road – score 96
- Drury Inn, 170 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 96
- Dunkin Donuts, 7343 Mexico Road – score 93 (March 11), score 98 (March 21)
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 3601 North St. Peters Parkway Ste. 100 – score 93
- El Mezon Authentic Mexican Restaurant, 140 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Fastlane, 301 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Fazoli’s, 5775 Suemandy Drive – score 100
- Fit4MeFoods, 6219 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, 1365 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- Fritz’s Frozen Custard, 506 Jungermann Road – score 100