The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of December 4 – 10, 2019. Comments in boxes are quoted from inspection forms.
- Mannino’s Market Too, 5023 Highway P – score 95
Unlabeled spray bottle 5(pnt) – discussed spray bottle labeling
- Dairy Queen, 702 South Church Street – score 100
- Yo! Salsa, 2 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Burger King at Walmart, 1971 Wentzville Parkway – score 98
- Circle K, 2200 Granville Drive – score 100
- Los Portales, 503 West Pearce Boulevard – score 88
No one food safety certified.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed inside ceiling of ice machine in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak at plumbing below 3 compartment sink.
Discussed: storage of non food related items. Some shelving is not smooth and easily cleanable and should be made smooth and easily cleanable.
Non employees shouldn’t be in kitchen. Monitor cooling of foods such as beans to ensure cooled from 135 to 70 in 2 hours and 70 to 41 in next 4 hours to ensure control of bacterial growth. Repair gasket at freezer.
- Arby’s, 1988 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Chapel of the Lake, 11000 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, 6475 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 91
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – Observed containers of raw chicken over batter in walkin cooler. Corrected on-site by manager. Observed scoop with handle in product in sugar bin by drive thru window.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed food debris/dirt on the following surfaces: wall by drive thru pop machine (and single use cup covers), handle on mayo/sandwich cooler, cover/handle on rice bin, walkin freezer floor, walkin freezer door/wall (food debris), floor under stacks of flour storage in chicken prep area, walkin cooler door handle, walkin cooler shelves.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Repair handwash sink by 3 compartment sink (spigot is not tight so it twists/falls to the side).
- Happy China, 7871 Highway N – score 100
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 7707 Highway N – score 100
- Red Robin, 1440 Mexico Loop Road E – score 100
- IHOP, 1912 Highway K – score 100
- Just 4 Us Academy, 1031 Bryan Road – score 100
- Abbey Senior Health, 206 North Main Street – score 100
- Petrichor Brewing, 7434 Village Center Drive – score 96
Observed jug of sanitizer at kitchen dishwasher was empty. Staff notified to replace at time of inspection.
Consumer Advisory requirement for raw or undercooked foods 5(pnt) – Provide consumer advisory on menus for raw/undercooked foods.
- Jose Penos Mexican Restaurant, 973 Waterbury Falls Drive – score 100
- Dos Primos, 624 North Main Street – score 98
- White Castle, 2212 Highway K – score 93
Food uncovered with the risk of cross-contamination 5(pnt)
unable to locate permit
- Cecil Whittaker’s Pizza, 2968 Highway K – score 94
Front reach in cooler leaking water into lower compartment creating increased potential for bacterial growth.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt)
Some shelving in need of cleaning. Microwaves and reach in cooler lower compartments in need of cleaning. Inside ceiling of ice machine in need of cleaning.
Ceiling and vents soiled and in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Thoele Convenience Store, 4425 Highway 79 – score 100
- Massas Bar & Grill, 3072 Winghaven Boulevard – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn/damaged gaskets on prep coolers in grill line.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on shelves (dry good, bread area), ice machine edge (black dirt), microwaves, floors.
- Firehouse Subs, 104 Laura K Drive – score 100
- Burger King, 2882 Highway K – score 100
- NHC Healthcare, 35 Sugar Maple Lane – score 100
- Chickens Catering, 142 North Main Street – score 95
Observed raw chicken and raw fish stored over ground raw beef. Observed precooked sausage stored on shelf with raw ground beef and under raw chicken and raw fish.
Arrange each type of food in coolers so that cross contamination of one type with another is prevented.
Ready to eat foods must be stored above any raw products. Raw intact fish and raw intact beef products must be stored above raw ground beef. Raw poultry products must be stored below all other food items.
Corrected on site and signage on proper storage added.
- Little Jem’s Learning Center, 4056 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- Burger King, 2320 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Olympia Athletics & Events Centre, 49 Lawrence Street – score 95
Failure to post most recent inspection report
- Arrow Senior Living at the Boulevard 3340, 3330 Ehlmann Road – score 100
- Arrow Senior Living at the Boulevard 3330, 3330 Ehlman Road – score 100
- Arrow Senior Living at the Boulevard 3350, 3330 Ehlman Road – score 95
Found dishmachine at 0 ppm chlorine. To discontinue use of machine until corrected. Will follow up within 3 days to verify corrected.
- Arrow Senior Living at the Boulevard 3350, 3330 Ehlman Road – follow up, in compliance
- Sunshine Home Care, 618 Hemsath Road – score 90
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO SOAP AT THE ONLY HANDSINK IN THE KITCHEN (CORRECTED ONSITE)
- Frontier Health and Rehabilitation, 2840 West Clay Street – score 93
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt) – Found quat based sanitizer on 3 compartment sink above 400 ppm.
Improper thawing 2(pnt) – Observed chicken thawing in standing water. Water must be left running.
- Harvester Residential Care, 35 Lillian Drive – score 96
Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SINGLE USE ITEMS STORED ON THE FLOOR (LOWER LEVEL
Torn curtains or leaky door seals on machines 2(pnt) – OBSERVED TORN SEALS IN REACH IN COOLER
- Lindenwood University Food Service Student Center, 209 South Kingshighway Street – score 100
- Bellacino’s Pizza & Grinders, 1455 Bass Pro Drive – score 96
Handwashing signage 2(pnt) – OBSERVED NO HANDWASHING SIGNAGE AT HANDSINKS AND EMPLOYEE RESTROOM
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED BROKEN DOOR SEAL IN WALK IN COOLER,REACH IN FREEZER & REACH IN COOLER. OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELVING RUSTED AND NOT SMOOTH AND EASILY CLEANABLE
- Fast Food Pantry, 1806 Boones Lick Road B – score 100
- Arby’s, 3786 Elm Street – score 98
- Mount Carmel Communities, 723 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed broken seals on doors in reach in coolers
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed bottom of ice scoop container soiled. Observed soda nozzle rim area soiled. Observed utensil drawer soiled
- JJ’s Bar & Grill, 1215 South Duchesne Drive – score 100
- Bogey Hills Country Club, 1120 Country Club Road – score 95
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN REACH IN COOLER AT 48 DEGREES. (CORRECTED ONSITE, FOOD WAS THROWN AWAY AND DIAL IN REACH IN COOLER WAS ADJUSTED) CHECKED TEMPERATURE IN COOLER BEFORE LEAVING AND IT WAS AT 38 DEGREES
- AMC Theatres Streets of St. Charles 8, 311 Lombard Street – score 98
- Arby’s, 1830 South First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Artistic Affairs Catering, 1336 Caulks Hill Road – score 98
- La Tia & Pancho’s Cantina & Grill, 140 North Main Street – score 100
- Whitmoor Country Club club house, 1100 Whitmoor Drive – score 100
Pleasant Hill Memorial UM Church, 415 Lee Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from October 2019
- Field Box, 4 Main Street – score 98
- Gettemeier’s, 269 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Goddard School, 1402 Gettysburg Landing – score 100
- Hall & Property Board, 115 McMenamy Road – score 100
- Harvester Dairy Queen, 1450 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Hawthorn Elementary School Y Club, 166 Boone Hills Drive – score 100
- Hickory Farms, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Hobo’s at the Legion, 200 Main Street – score 100
- Hooters, 4061 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- IHOP, 3850 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 4124 Meico Road -s core 98
- Jakwagons Sports Grille, 3611 North St Peters Parkway – score 88 (Oct. 3), score 98 (Oct. 11)
- Jelly Bean Island Learning Academy, 6810 Mexico Road – score 100
- Jenner’s Kids Daycare, 1346 Dingledine Road – score 100
- Kinder Care Learning Center, 4150 South Cloverleaf Drive – score 96
- Kokomo Joe’s, 4105 North Cloverleaf Drive – score 88
- Lion’s Choice, 3807 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Living Word Christian School, 1614 Willott Road – score 100
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 3300 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – 90
- Longhorn Steak House, 3979 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Maria Bonita Mexican Grill, 1287 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Mascots, 4881 Mexico Road – score 92
- McDonald’s, 199 Spencer Road – score 100
- Mobil Mart, 203 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98