The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of February 13 – 19, 2019.
- Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, 3265 North Service Road E – follow up
Restaurant emailed that plumbing violation is abated. Re inspection did not occur. Premise is in compliance
- Sodexo at Daniel Boone Elementary School, 201 West Highway D – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Pasta House Company, 10 Meadows Circle Drive Ste. 116 – score 98
- Flik Intl at Mastercard, 2200 Mastercard Boulevard – score 100
- Pheasant Point Elementary, 3450 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 100
- Brewskeez Sports Cafe, 4251 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 98
- TH Treats 1 at Walmart, 1307 Highway K – score 100
- IHOP, 1912 Highway K – score 100
- Dardenne Elementary School, 2621 Highway K – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 2998 Highway K – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gasket on reach in cooler and other gaskets needing cleaning/maintenance in the kitchen.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed excessive food debris under equipment on cooks line. Floors should be maintained regularly.
Previous violation corrected: shelves cleaned in food prep area.
- Food Service Consultants at First Baptist, 8740 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Lion’s Choice, 4001 Highway K – score 100
- AFC Sushi at Schnuck’s, 3740 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 98
- Schwan’s Truck, 71 Elaine Drive – score 100
- St. Louis Pizza and Wings, 1266 Bryan Road – score 100
- P’sghetti’s Pasta & Sandwiches, 1120 Technology Drive 109 – score 100
- Las Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, 1165 Technology Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Silky’s Frozen Custard, 3885 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Panda Express, 6081 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Chartwells at Lincoln Elementary, 625 South Sixth Street – score 100
- Chartwells at Orchard Farm Elementary, High School, Middle School, Highway V – all scored 100
- First Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet, 3801 Mexico Road – score 90
Improper thawing 2(pnt) – Observed frozen chicken on racks thawing in room temperature. Establishment must use proper thawing methods like storing in a refrigerated unit or under cold running water.
Observed light coming through the bottom left of the back door indicating a gap. Establishment must replace weather strip to close gap.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on multiple stand up reach in coolers.
Observed pineapple stored in aluminum cans. Acidic food must be stored in food grade material containers.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed built up ice in both of the walk in freezer and large reach in freezer. Ice covering food items in the walk in freezer. Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt)
Observed missing floor tiles in the dishwasher area.
- Lil Gio’s Taqueria, 336 South Main Street – score 98
- 88 China, 2649 Muegge Road – score 98
- Surge Coffee Co, 36 Thrasher Court – score 100
- The Coop, 5055 Highway 94 N – score 100
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, 1501 Beale Street – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at St. Cletus School, 2721 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Captain D’s, 2951 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED GASKET IN NEED OF REPAIR ON REACH IN COOLER
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED, OBSERVED BOTTOM OF ICE SCOOP CONTAINER SOILED, OBSERVED WALL AT 3 COMPARTMENT SINK SOILED
- St. Peter School, 201 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Sodexo at Harvest Ridge Elementary School, 1220 Harvest Ridge Drive – score 100
- St. Charles Senior Center, 1455 Fairgrounds Road – score 100
- Walmart bakery, 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Fairwinds Rivers Edge, 600 Rivers Edge Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Uncle Joe’s Bar & Grill, 204 North Main Street – score 100
- Chartwells at St. Charles Senior High School, 725 North Kingshighway – score 95
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT HEAT SANITIZING
- Schnuck’s deli, 7909 Highway N – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt Ostmann Elementary School, 200 Meriwether Lewis Drive – score 100
- Mad Dog and Cats, 1005 Wolfrum Road – score 100
- Mattingly’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1048 Wolfrum Road – score 91
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – Observed turkey/poultry over beef and hamburger in the prep cooler. Items were moved at time of inspection. Also ensure this cooler is maintaining temperatures below 41 at all times (cooler is in disrepair – doors – see below).
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed one door on Norpole cooler falling off. Observed other door on Norpole with seal/gasket falling off. Observed torn gasket on the reach-in cooler on the serving/prep side of kitchen. Observed torn gasket on Norpole upright freezer. Observed missing covers for the tops of the reach-in prep coolers. Repair/Replace all deteriorated/broken seals/gaskets and doors and maintain in good repair.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirty microwave, can opener, floors throughout. Observed deteriorated cutting board on prep cooler in cook line. Observed dust/debris on the walk-in cooler grates. Clean/Repair and maintain in good repair all areas.
- Food Service Consultants at Messiah Lutheran, 5911 Highway 94 – score 100
- Sodexo at Bryan Middle School, 605 Independence Road – score 100
Portage Des Sioux
- Froge’s Bar and Grill, 1530 Highway J – score 96
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from December 2018:
- Mid East Area on Aging, 108 McMenamy Road – score 100
- Mid Rivers Elementary School, 7479 Mexico Road – score 100
- Misty Nights Bar and Grill, 4241 North St. Peters Parkway – score 94
- Mobil on the Run, 6191 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Panda Express, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste 1212 – score 100
- Penn Station East Coast Subs, 318 Mid Rivers mall Drive Ste. I – score 98
- Petro Mart, 6098 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Petro Mart, 664 Jungermann Road – score 100