The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of December 12 – 18, 2018.
- Olive Garden, 1280 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Lake Saint Louis Banquet Center, 10604 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- 18 North Central, 18 North Central Drive – score 100
- Winghaven Country Club, 7777 Winghaven Boulevard – score 98
- Clayton’s, 104 Triad Center W – follow up, in compliance
- Bright Start Academy, 1000 Wyndgate Ridge Drive – score 100
- Aramark at Citi Mortgage, 1000 Technology Drive – score 98
- Jose Penos Mexican Restaurant, 973 Waterbury Falls Drive – score 100
- China King, 2701 Highway K – score 89
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed cooked chicken sitting in a plastic container at 50.5F. Manager mentioned that the food was thawing. This food item was immediately thrown out by the manager on site.
Improper thawing 2(pnt) – Observed cooked chicken sitting in a container thawing in room temperature. Ready to eat food that is thawing should not be sitting in room temperature that would allow the food item to rise above 41 F.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers located on the cooking line.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed excessive sticky food residue on the wall located behind the fryer. This wall should be smooth and easily cleanable.
- Signature India, 1617 Bryan Road – score 91
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the reach in coolers on the line. This is a repeat violation.
Observed no sanitizer feeding through the mechanical dishwasher during the inspection. Three compartment sink is required to wash dishes until sanitizer has been added.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed the inner and upper portion of the microwave with excessive food residue as well as sticky surfaces of the shelves. This should be cleaned regularly. Observed vent hoods with excessive grease. These should be cleaned regularly to avoid build up.
- Happy China, 7871 Highway N – score 98
- The Rack House, 5065 Highway N – score 98
- Bob Evans, 1998 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Fazoli’s, 1698 Country Club Plaza Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Surge Coffee Company, 36 Thrasher Court – score 100
- Ridgecrest Baptist Church, 1731 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Bella Vino, 325 South Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- Hardee’s, 2023 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Observed gaskets damaged on majority of cold holding units throughout kitchen. Replace those that are torn or damaged.
Observed debris accumulation on electrical wires in kitchen. Observed air vents and surrounding ceiling tiles with debris/dust accumulation. Clean areas at increased frequency.
Observed lights in kitchen unshielded. Unable to determine if bulbs are shatter resistant. If shatter resistant, no shields required. Observed light intensity in walkway at walk in freezer and kitchen exit door insufficient. Observed bulbs burnt out in overhead ballast.
- La Tia & Pancho’s Cantina & Grill, 140 North Main Street – score 100
- Great Beginnings Learning Center, 3456 Harry S Truman Boulevard – score 100
- Golden Corral, 1850 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – OBSERVED STORAGE SHELF IN BACK OF MEAT WALK IN COOLER DIRECLTY UNDER WATER DRIP FROM CONDENSATE LINE FROM COOLING UNIT.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED PLUMBING LEAKS. MAINTENANCE ON SITE REPAIRING. AREAS INCLUDE: HANDSINK BY DISH MACHINE, PRE-RINSE SINK AT DISHMACHINE (CORRECTED), AGITATOR SINK AT BEGINNING OF 3 COMPARTMENT SINK, MEAT ROOM FLAT SINK AT WATER SHUTOFFS
OBSERVED FRP PANELING IN HACIENDA/LIGHTHOUSE AREA NEAR FLATTOP COMING LOOSE FROM WALL.
INCREASED CLEANING FREQUENCY REQUIRED FOR FLOORS UNDER EQUIPMENT/TABLES, BEHIND COOKING LINE EQUIPMENT, AND FLOORS OF MEAT WALK IN COOLER.
OBSERVED MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE ON WALLS IN DRY STORAGE ROOM NEAR WALK IN FREEZER ENTRANCE.
- Steak N Shake, 2221 First Capitol Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Sunshine Home Care, 618 Hemsath Road – score 91
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO SANITIZER SET UP
OBSERVED WALLS IN DRY STORAGE AREA NOT SMOOTH AND EASILY CLEANABLE
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CAN OPENER SOILED (CORRECTED ONSITE), OBSERVED MICROWAVE SOILED, OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED
- Olympia Athletics & Events Centre, 49 Lawrence Street – score 100
- TGI Fridays, 2000 South First Capitol Drive – score 95
Observed 3 compartment sink at bar with 0 ppm chlorine. Corrected on site by adding chlorine to sanitize sink bay.
- Harvester Residential Care, 35 Lillian Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED FAN BLADES SOILED IN KITCHEN, OBSERVED SHELVING IN REACH IN COOLER SOILED. OBSERVED CEILING NOT SMOOTH AND EASILY CLEANABLE
CEILING NEEDS PAINT AND MOLD IS STARTING TO GROW BY PIPE
- Chandler Hill Vineyards, 596 Defiance Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from November 2018:
- 1 Nation Nutrition, 20 Plaza 94 – score 100
- ABC Daycare & Learning Center, 4621 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Ace Sushi, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Arabica Coffee, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 9016 – score 98
- Badwan at BP, 150 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Barnes & Noble, 320 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Beer Sauce, 318 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Bento Sushi Bar at Dierberg’s, 6211 Mid Rivers mall Drive – score 100
- Bento Sushi Bar at Dierberg’s, 217 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Bob’s Discount Furniture, 167 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Cakes by Georgia, 7338 Mexico Road – score 100
- Candyland Academy, 102 Birdie Hills Road – score 85
- Chestnut Glen Assisted Living by Americare, 121 Klondike Crossing – score 96
- Chick-Fil-A, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Church Street Bar & Grill, 435 South Church Street – score 98
- Circle K, 6105 Mexico Road – score 93 (Nov. 14), score 98 (Nov. 26)