The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, September 19 – 25, 2018.
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q, 1 Ruggeri Drive – score 98
- China Buffet, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard Ste. 124 – score 100
- Peine Ridge Elementary, 1107 Peine Road – score 100
- Ruby Tuesday, 1218 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- St. Patrick School Cafeteria, 701 South Church Street – score 100
- IHOP, 10 Layla Lane – follow-up
Observed some condensation on cooling lines but moisture is not dripping on food prep areas and ceiling is intact. Continue to address issue. violation is abated concerning food contact surfaces.
- Sam’s Club rotisserie, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 1134 West Peace Boulevard – score 78
No one food safety certified in restaurant at time of inspection. Milk dispenser is heavily soiled and not to be used in this condition. Observed several surfaces over open food storage such as shelving over open refrigeration which are heavily soiled. Utensils to be stored clean to prevent contamination of RTE foods. PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Reach in refrigeration unit on east wall at drive thru is holding 52F. Foods in this unit to be disposed of if they have been in unit for over 4 hours and immediately refrigerated if they have been in unit less than 4 hours. This unit is to be taken out of service until it can reliably hold 41 F or lower.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Ice dispenser and ice bins in need of cleaning to remove build up of soiling.
Insufficient water capacity (includes hot water) 5(pnt) – Observed water temperature at left hand (facing) hand sink in mens restroom to reach no higher than 72F. Hot water temp for hand washing to be at least 100F. Sink to the right side is 103F
Ceiling in need of cleaning mainly near air vents. Walls and floors at equipment in need of cleaning.
Inspection posted is from 9-29-2017 (96). Current inspection is to be posted (86).
Lake Saint Louis
- Sushi Sen, 161 Civic Center Drive – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 6125 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Hardee’s, 10 Centre on the Lake – score 100
- Dean Andrews Catering, 1270 Church Road – score 100
- St. Paul Knights of Columbus, 1270 Church Road – score 100
- Dog Prairie Tavern, 2348 St. Paul Road – score 100
- The Lead School, 507 South Cool Springs Road – score 100
- China Buffet and Grill, 373 Winding Woods Drive – score 91
Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – Observed no sheets filled out for sushi for the last 5 days. Sushi on site was thrown out immediately and new sushi is to be made. Time Control Sheets sent via email.
Observed food items not covered or protected in containers in reach in coolers, underneath shelving, and in display casings. Food should be covered and protected to prevent contamination.
Observed cutting boards with excessive scratching and scoring in the grill area. Cutting boards should be resurfaced or replaced. Manager is going to clean and sanitiize cutting board and use the other side until it is resurfaced.
- Tully’s Taproom, 1120 Technology Drive Ste. 113A – follow up, in compliance
- J.L. Mudd Elementary School, 610 Prince Ruppert Drive – score 100
- 88 China, 1326 Sunburst Drive – score 100
- Petro Mart, 22140 West Terra Lane – follow up, in compliance
- Gymquarters Gymnastics Center, 92 Hubble Drive – follow up
Insufficient water capacity (includes hot water) 5(pnt) – (hot water, hand wash sink and public bathrooms,79 degrees), not corrected at 2nd. inspection.
- Tendercare Learning Center, 206 McDonald Lane – score 95
- McDonald’s, 4001 Crusher Drive – score 93
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN REACH IN COOLER AT 52 DEGREES
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING ABOVE RAW STAGING AREA SOILED WITH BLACK SUBSTANCE AND CONDENSATION
- McDonald’s, 4001 Crusher Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Mr Goodcents Subs & Pastas, 842 Bryan Road – score 100
- Outback Steak House, 4002 Winghaven Boulevard – score 98
- No. 1 Chinese Restaurant, 39 O’Fallon Square – follow up, in compliance
- O’Fallon Elks, 1163 Tom Ginnever – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt West HS Indoor concession, 1251 Turtle Creek Drive – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt West HS Outdoor Concession, 1251 Turtle Creek Drive – score 100
- Sugarfire Smoke House, 9955 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Town Square Pub N Grub, 7843 Highway N – score 100
- His and Hers BBQ, 7827 Highway N – score 100
- Society of St. Vincent De Paul Immaculate Conception Conference, 2083 Hanley Road – score 100
- Aramark at Boeing 598, 2600 North Highway 94 – score 100
- Bit A’s on the Riverfront, 308 North Main Street – score 98
- El Caporal, 2265 First Capitol Drive – score 95
- El Caporal Mexican Grocery Store 2265 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Mattingly’s St. Charles Sports Bar & Grill, 3434 Harry S. Truman Boulevard – score 95
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Dish machine sanitizer concentration at main dish machine and bar dish machine are both non detectable. Ice bin in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Lindenwood University Food Service at Spellman Center, 209 South Kingshighway – score 98
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 100 North Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- Olivino, 1650 Beale Street 167 – score 93
Unlabeled spray bottle 5(pnt) – 2 pts for water spray bottle not labeled. Failure to post most recent inspection report
- Spiro’s, 2275 Bluestone Drive – score 98
- Aunt B’s Kettle Corn, 1365 South Fifth Street – score 98
- Sun Made Tex-Mex, 873 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Sugarfire Smokehouse, 3150 Elm Point Industrial Drive – follow up
Follow up inspection observed that previously cited violations listed under 10,38 are found in satisfactory compliance, all other violations should be corrected till next regular inspection
- A to Z Kids, 812 South Benton Avenue – score 98
- Imo’s, 3720 Elm Street – follow up, need to post inspection report
- Longshot Saloon/My River Home, 1545 Riverview Street – score 100
- Smoothie King, 920 South Fifth Street – score 100
- B Halls Family Grill, 3782 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED BOTTOM OF KNIFE CONTAINER SOILED, OBSERVED ICE MACHINE OUTER AREA SOILED, OBSERVED SHELF BY PREP COOLER SOILED, OBSERVED CAN OPENER SOILED OUTER AREA, OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED
- Pio’s Restaurant and Lounge, 401 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 1608 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 98
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2866, 66 VFW Lane – score 90
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Dish machine sanitizer is non detect for Cl-
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Ready to eat foods to be date marked per code and disposed of after 7 days.
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries, 1520 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 2440 West Clay Street – score 100
- Calvary Church, 3998 Mi Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Bakery Benedictus at Calvary Church, 3998 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Montelle Winery, 201 Montelle Drive – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – All RTE items should be date marked and disposed of 7 days after date prepared.
- The Babylon, 4744 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CAN OPENER SOILED. OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED IN KITCHEN. OBSERVED CEILING TILES AND WALLS SOILED THROUGHOUT KITCHEN, OBSERVED FAN GUARDS SOILED
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from August 2018:
- Days Inn, 130 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Dierbergs salad bar, bakery, deli, seafood, 6211 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – all scored 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 4167 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 309 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. A – score 98
- Dubray Middle School, 100 Dubray Drive – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 7139 Mexico Road – score 95
- Emperor China, 4107 Mexico Road – score 100
- Erios Ristorante, 951 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Fastlane, 301 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- The Finish Line, 5200 Mexico Road – score 100
- First Watch Restaurant, 312 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at Child of God, 650 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt Early Childhood Center, 7898 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt East High School, 600 First Executive Avenue – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt South High School, 8050 Mexico Road – score 100
- Francis Howell North High School, 2549 Hackmann Road – score 100
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, 3899 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100