The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, October 10 – 16, 2018.
- Walmart deli, 1971 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Taco Bell, 1139 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Pete’s Drive In – score 1009 East Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Bristol Manor of Wentzville, 840 West Northview Avenue – score 100
- Imo’s Pizza, 1127 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- King Edwards Fried Chicken, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 1285 West Pearce Boulevard – score 98
Lake Saint Louis
- Wendy’s, 905 Robert Raymond Drive – score 93
Observed that ceiling above condiment table (moved to different location)is not smooth easy cleanable. Inspection report not posted on conspicuous location for customers to see-REPEAT
- Denny’s, 1300 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 98
- Kids Academy, 7767 Highway N – score 100
- Just 4 Us Academy, 1031 Bryan Road – score 100
- Marco’s Pizza, 8201 Mexico Road 2 – score 100
- Jersey Mike’s Subs, 2508 Highway K – score 100
- McDonald’s, 2144 West Terra Lane – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 2917 Highway K Ste. J – score 98
- Sparrow’s Nest Maternity Home, 6730 Hickory Tree Lane – score 98
- Monical’s Pizza, 1224 Highway K – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed food items in containers with no label or past their 7 day marking. These items should be discarded immediately by management.
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed ice scoops being stored on shelving. In-use serving utensils should have their own appropriate container to avoid contamination.
- Nancy’s Pizza, 2007 Highway K – score 95
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt) – Observed sanitizer strength in a spray bottle to be too high (200 PPM+ Chlorine). This was corrected on site by a manager. Facility should communicate with employees the correct strength.
- Lion’s Choice, 8710 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 90
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed items in the walk in cooler past their expiration or containing no label indicating their expiration date. These items are to be discarded immediately by management. Corrected on site.
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt) – Observed sanitizer strength to be 500 PPM + Quat Ammonia for the 3 compartment sink and 2 buckets in the establishment. Management should test sanitizers daily to make sure they are at the correct strength. Corrected on site.
- Stefanina’s Pizzeria, 3002 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Madison’s Cafe, 2974 Highway K – score 98
- Hilton Garden Inn Winghaven, 2310 Technology Drive – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Salsa, pico de gallo , sliced fruits stored in walk in. Employees wearing more jewelry than a plain ring, on arms or hands 2(pnt) – Watch on hands person preparing food
- The Links at Dardenne, 7000 Brassel Drive – score 100
- Brewskeez Sports Cafe, 4251 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 98
- Sushi Avenue at Fresh Thyme, 2235 Highway K – score 100
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, 2235 Highway K – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed items past their 7 day marking in the walk in cooler and in the reach in coolers. All items were discarded immediately by the assistant manager during the inspection.
- Half Baked, 4504 Central School Road – score 100
- First Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet, 3801 Mexico Road – score 94
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed bottom of screen door in kitchen with visible light and air gap present. Correct so air gap removed. Observed shelving in walk in cooler with produce and walk in cooler for meat with shelving units that have rust developing and shelf coating deteriorating. Replace units with nsf/ansi approved shelving. Observed two pieces of equipment that are not functioning. Must be removed from premise as they are unnecessary and provide harborage for pests. Observed drip from 3 compartment sink near sanitizing basin.
- Jack in the Box, 1016 South Fifth Street – score 91
Observed gaskets on most cold holding units with debris accumulation. Clean at increased frequency. Observed area under griddle with accumulation of debris and inside openings. Clean at increased frequency. Observed standing water under equipment on floors. Observed ceiling tiles with accumulation of debris. Observed areas surrounding fryers with accumulation of debris. Observed grease and debris under equipment and racks. Clean all areas at increased frequency to eliminate standing water and debris/grease. Observed possible leak in plumping behind soda machine at drive through window. Check to determine if leak is present and correct.
Observed most recent health inspection not posted for public viewing.
- Jack in the Box, 1992 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Currently no person in charge with minimum requirement for manager level food safety certification.
Observed multiple gaskets on cold holding units damaged. Observed pull out cooler that is non functioning remains under griddle. All non functioning equipment must be removed.
Observed ceiling tiles with debris accumulation in kitchen. Clean at increased frequency. Observed walk in cooler shelving with debris accumulation. Observed small drip in 3 compartment sink plumbing.
- Lake St. Charles Retirement Community, 45 Honey Locust Street – score 100
- Demolition Ball, 1875 South Old Highway 94 – score 95
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE READING 0PPPM
- Petro Mart, 1990 South First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Lewis and Clark Gardens, 1221 Boones Lick Road – score 100
- Smashburger, 1981 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed top pull out door front on fryer cooler station missing. Equipment must be in good working order and maintained. Repair door or replace unit.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed mold like substance and debris on shelving in walk in cooler. Observed debris in corners and along baseboards under the prep table/sink and 3 compartment sink in back kitchen. Observed ceiling vents with dust and blowing dust to walls and surrounding ceiling tiles. Clean all areas at increased frequency to prevent accumulation.
Observed grout line in kitchen in poor condition. Standing water observed in grout line. Observed damaged frp walls in kitchen. Walls with holes. Surfaces must be made smooth and easily cleanable. Grout lines repaired to eliminate standing water.
- Tony’s on Main, 132 North Main Street – score 100
- St. Robet Bellarmine Hall, 1424 South First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Piazza Deli and Pizzeria, 1322 Highway DD – score 96
Lady’s bathroom should have thrash can with cover; 6-501.19 Bathroom doors should be self closing. Damaged counter tops by hand sink REPEAT
- Calvary Church Food Pantry, 3998 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Emmanuel United Church of Christ, 6210 South Highway 94 – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from August 2018:
- Papa John’s Pizza, 521 Jungermann Road – score 96
- Papa John’s Pizza, 4171 North St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- Papa Murphy’s, 571 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 92
- Pasta House, 4095 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Penn Station East Coast Subs, 318 Mid Rives Mall Drive – 96
- Petro Mart, 6098 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Petro Mart, 664 Jungermann Road – score 98
- QuikTrip, 3000 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Saints Joachim & Ann School Cafeteria, 4110 McClay Road – score 100
- Schwan’s Home Service, 115 West College Drive – score 100
- Shop N Save, 60 Harvester Square – score 98
- Snow Factory 2, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1210 – score 90 (Aug. 20), score 100 (Aug. 31)
- St. Peters Elementary School, 400 McMenamy Road – score 100
- Starbuck’s Coffee, 7098 Mexico Road – score 100
- Subway, 631 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Taco Bell, 1630 Jungermann Road – score 96
- Taco Bell, 6082 Mid Rivers all Drive – score 98
- Target Stores, 6241 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- The Window, 4008 North Service Road – score 100
- Three Families Restaurant, 4899 Mexico Road – score 98
- Throw Backs, 1042 Venture Drive – score 95 (Aug. 16), score 100 ( Aug. 28)
- Valenti Market and Catering, 6750 Mexico Road – score 98
- Vette’s, 4203 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Viet-Thai, 3899 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 93 (Aug. 7), score 100 (Aug. 21)
- Wallis Petroleum, 1495 Kisker Road – score 100
- Wendy’s, 275 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 92
- Yogurt World, 6145 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100