The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of April 17 – 23, 2019.
- El Agave, 1201 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Olive Garden, 1280 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Old Town Smokehouse, 2 East Main Street – score 95
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Small True refrigerator (reach in) holding at 57 F. Food removed to ice bath at time of inspection. Unit is not to be used until it holds temperature below 41F
- St. Vincent/St. Patrick Food Pantry, 230 West Fourth Street – score 100
- Hardee’s, 1944 Wentzville Parkway – score 94
Personal items such as drinks and clothing not to be stored over food related items.
Bev Air short refrigerator front still accumulating moisture bottom and leaking onto floor.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – High surfaces over food storage in need of cleaning to prevent contamination.
- Subway, 1201 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Sunny Street Cafe, 1814 Wentzville Parkway Ste. A – score 96
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed leak at seam of walk in cooler over shelving. Food not to be stored under drip or where food can be contaminated by moisture from unknown source. Do not allow water to stand in container.
Observed accumulation of moisture in lower reach in. Moisture should not be pooling in bottom of refrigeration.
- Penn Station, 1780 Wentzville Parkway – score 98
- West Allen Grill, 9 West Allen Street – score 98
Lake Saint Louis
- Lakeside Pub, 10600 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Popeyes, 6475 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- BC’s Kitchen, 10 Meadows Circle Ste. 400 – score 100
- Lakeside Bar and Grill, 100 Cognac Court – score 100
- Amis of St. Charles, 3728 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on grates in walkin cooler, around slicer, ice machine, ice scoop bucket, shelves, cutting board. Observed dirt/debris on floors, walls inkitchen (particularly near dough area and dishwash areas)
- Nina’s Place, 3752 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Wendy’s, 9701 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Longhorn Steakhouse, 2102 Highway K – score 98
- Carousel Chocolates & More, 127 O’Fallon Commons Drive – score 100
- Flik Int’l at Mastercard Cafe, 5555 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Integrity Training Systems, 3010 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Thoele Convenience Store, 8695 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 93
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed missing ceiling tile in the back room located above the ice machine.
Observed no recent inspection report posted.
- Park Place Assisted Living, 2000 Boardwalk Place Drive – score 100
- Park Place Senior Living, 2002 Boardwalk Place Drive – score 100
- St. Louis Kolache, 2003 Highway K Ste. 2001 – score 100
- Growing Hills Academy, 8425 Mexico Road – scorer 100
- Lean Kitchen, 2917 Highway K Unit E – score 100
- Delmar Gardens of O’Fallon, 7068 South Outer 364 – score 100
- Massa’s Bar & Grill, 3072 Winghaven Boulevard – score 98
- Lion’s Choice, 8710 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- China King, 2701 Highway K – score 96
Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – Observed no time indicated of chicken sitting out of reach in cooler.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers located on the cook line. This is a repeat violation.
Excessive sticky food residue on wall located near grill has been cleaned. No signs of improper thawing observed during the inspection.
- Keto Kreations STL at Thai Gourmet, 4267 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 100
- QuikTrip, 955 Bryan Road – score 100
- El Tio Pepe Mexican Restaurant, 315 West Terra Lane – score 100
- Clayton’s, 104 Triad Center West – score 86
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed reach in coolers in the kitchen with torn gaskets.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of grease in the vent hoods. Clean regularly or increase frequency of cleaning by either staff or professional company.
Observed dark build up along the outer rim of the inside of the ice machine.
Operating without a permit. Notice given during the inspection. Observed no recent inspection report posted. Last routine inspection on 12/13/2018. Operating without a License given during the inspection.
- Farm Table Creative, 215 O’Fallon Plaza – score 100
- QuikTrip concession, 955 Bryan Road – score 100
- Dairy Queen, 9695 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 85
SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – Observed displayed spoons in the lobby facing different directions for the public to use. All single service utensils should be stored in the same direction.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed build up of ice in the freezer containing frozen hamburger pattys (uncovered). Establishment must maintain equipment in good repair.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – (1) Observed accumulation of dust located above food preparation areas. Clean ceilings regularly. (2) Observed built up food residue and grease underneath the fryers in the kitchen. This is a repeat violation. (3) Observed an accumulation of trash located underneath the soda machine in the lobby.
Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – Observed personal food items stored with consumer items in the walk in cooler. This is a repeat violation.
Failure to post 2019 permit. Observed no recent food inspection report for the public to see.
- St. Charles Music Tavern, 2556 Raymond Drive – score 91
Individual with basic level certification but in absence of a 5 year management certification. Risk 3 establishments require 1 person with a management level certification and other persons (when management certification is not here) to have basic level certification.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed debris accumulation behind grease trap area and behind cooking line.
Most recent health inspection not posted for public viewing.
- Talayna’s World Class Pizza, 340 North Main Street – score 96
Found equipment in poor repair. Repair or replace by next routine visit.
Found interior of vent hood with accumulation of grease buildup. Filters to be replaced.
Found accumulation of grease and debris on side of oven next to fryer. Found fryer vent with accumulation of grease and debris. Observed grease under and around fryer location.
Clean all areas at increased frequency to prevent accumulation
- Taste of Mayberry Kettlecorn #2, 124 Oakridge West Drive – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 1016 South Fifth Street – score 89
No person in charge with minimum requirement for food safety certification. Risk 3 establishment requires one person to have a 5 year management certification (this requirement is met), however, when this individual is not on staff, the person in charge must have (at minimum) a basic level food safety certification. Any ANSI accredited program/test is allowed.
Observed multiple gaskets on cold holding equipment in poor repair and damaged. Must be replaced. Repeat violation.
Observed dust accumulation on ceiling tiles in drive through area ceiling and back storage area over shelving/under air vents. Observed accumulation of debris on walk in cooler shelving. Clean areas at increased frequency to prevent buildup/accumulation. Repeat violation.
Observed 2018 health permit posted. 2019 permit is required to be posted for public viewing. Found most recent health inspection not posted. This is a repeat violation from last inspection. The inspection is required to be printed and posted for public viewing.
- Mario’s Donuts & Cafe, 2786 Muegge Road – follow up
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed food items in the reach in cooler with no date markings on them. Follow-up required.
- JJ’s Bar & Grill, 1215 South Duchesne Drive – score 100
- Big Woody’s BBQ, 1821 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – Observed thermometers needed in reach in cooler
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soda nozzle outer area soiled, Observed shelving soiled in reach in cooler and shelving, Observed fan blades soiled in kitchen
Insufficient lighting 2(pnt) – Observed more lighting need in prep and kitchen areas
- Smashburger, 1981 Zumbehl Road – follow up
Observed hot water not working at handsinks in front of house and one sink at back of house.
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed temperatures at fry cart station at 52 degrees
- Thoele Convenience Store, 7407 South Outer 364 – score 100
- QuikTrip, 1150 Feise Road – score 100
- Plank Road Pizza, 5212 Highway N – score 100
- Good News Brewing, 2886 Highway 94 S – score 100
- Katy Bike Rental, 2998 South Highway 94 – score 100
- Chandler Hill Vineyards, 596 Defiance Road – score 100
- Louis P. Balducci Vineyards, 6601 Highway 94 S – score 100
- Kate’s Coffee, 5525 Walnut Street – score 100
- Ebenezer United Church of Christ, 5541 Walnut Street – score 100
- Boone Valley Golf Club, 1319 Schluersburg Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from February 2019
- IHOP, 3850 Veterans Memorial Parkway – scorer 100
- Indie Eatery, 7827 Mexico Road – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 4124 Mexico Road – score 98
- Jelly Bean Island Learning Academy, 6810 Mexico Road – score 100
- Kidstreet St. Peters, 2300 Willott Road – score 100
- Kinder Care Learning Center, 4150 South Cloverleaf Drive – score 100
- Kokomo Joe’s, 4105 North Cloverleaf Drive – score 96
- Les Bon Temps, 1211 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Lil Mickey’s Memphis Barbeque, 1020 Cave Springs Boulevard – score 100
- Lion’s Choice, 3807 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Little Caesar’s, 4879 Mexico Road – score 96
- Living Word Christian School, 1614 Willott Road – score 100
- Longhorn Steakhouse, 3979 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Martian Car Wash, 6088 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Mascots, 4881 Mexico Road – score 98
- McDonald’s, 7890 Mexico Road – score 92
- McDonald’s, 199 Spencer Road – score 100
- Mid Rivers Elementary School Y Club, 7479 Mexico Road – score 100
- Mid Rivers Mall Drive Dairy Queen, 1015 St. Peters Howell Road – score 98
- Mobil Mart, 203 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100