The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, August 15 – 21, 2018.
- Shortstops Convenience Store, 30 West Highway D – score 98
- Dollar Tree, 1951 Wentzville Parkway – score 93
Operating without a permit/failure to post permit. Failure to post most recent inspection report.
- Lowrey’s Streetside Pub, 12 East Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Andoro & Sons, 701 East Peace Boulevard – score 100
- CVS Pharmacy, 1550 Wentzville Parkway – score 93
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt). Failure to post most recent inspection report
- Culver’s, 1898 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Duello Elementary School, 1814 Duello Road – score 100
- Golf Club of Wentzville, 9 Pro Shop Drive – score 100
- Wentzville South Middle School, 561 East Highway N – score 100
- Wallis Petroleum, 1197 Highway Z – score 100
- Wallis Petroleum, 1235 Wentzville Parkway – score 95
- The Quarry Wine Garden, 3960 Highway Z – follow up, in compliance
Lake Saint Louis
- Here Today, 6233 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 95
- Cottages of Lake St. Louis, 2885 Technology Drive – score 95
No one present have proper manager food service certification. Management ask for extension for compliance. Extension granted till next inspection
- Green China, 1317 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 93
Observed no employee with food safety certification on duty at time of inspection. Employee states he will be taking test soon. PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Items in Reach In cooler are between 56F and 53F. All items should be at or below 41F. All items to be removed and cooked or discarded and unit is not to be used until it can hold food at 41F. Reach In cooler leaking accumulated moisture from front of unit. Reach In should not accumulate water. Gaskets on coolers in need of cleaning. Will re check reach in cooler temperature monday 08/20/2018. Discussed cooling of foods and time allowed to get to appropriate cold hold temperature of 41F. When cooling potentially hazardous meats, food manager should document time food is in temperature danger zone to ensure food is processed and cooled to 41F within the appropriate time window of 4 or 6 hours. Discussed storage of dirty utensils. Observed utensils in use to be clean. Discused washing of hands as tasks change.
- Green China, 1317 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – follow up
Observed Reach In cooler has been replaced and new unit is holding appropriate temperature.
- ALDI, 464 Hawk Ridge Trail – score 100
- Petro Mart, 463 Hawk Rige Trail – score 100
- Subway, 6249 Ronald Reagan Drive – follow up
During inspection observed that previously cited violation number 1,57 and 58 show no progress and should be corrected by 8/31/218 when second follow up inspection will be performed
- Subway at Walmart, 6100 Ronald Reagan Drive – follow up
During follow up inspection observed that previously cited violations have been found in satisfactory compliance except violation number 58 – posting last inspection report that is not in satisfactory compliance and needs to be corrected by 8/31/2018
- Country Club Car Wash, 2999 Highway K – score 100
- Little Caesar’s Pizza, 2438 Highway K – score 100
- Mobil on the Run, 1325 North Main Street – score 96
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed items stored on the ground. All food items should be stored at least 6 inches from the ground to prevent contamination. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirty and soiled counters in the lobby area near the soda machine. Spills should be cleaned up right away to maintain cleanliness of the store.
- Gymquarters, 92 Hubble Drive – score 95
Adequate hand washing facilities not supplied & accessible
- Qdoba Mexican Eats, 1290 Highway K – score 96
Observed no Certified Protection Manager on site during inspection. Observed excessive food and debris on the floor during the inspection in the kitchen area, dry storage area, and walk in cooler. Floors should be swept often and cleaned regularly to maintain cleanliness of facility.
- Pheasant Point Elementary, 3450 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 100
- The Salvation Army Shelter, 1 William Booth Drive – score 98
- Jack in the Box, 415 South Main Street – score 91
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed multiple food items in the walk in cooler and reach in cooler next to the fryers that had no label or date markings on them. Food not in their original container should have both labels and dates and not exceed a 7 day marking. This critical violation has been marked in the past. Observed single-use and single-service articles in boxes on the floor. Items should be placed 6 inches above the floor. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed build up around the soda nozzle in the coke machine located in the lobby. Employees should regularly clean these items to maintain cleanliess of equipment. Follow up 10 business days from routine inspection.
- Culver’s, 4351 Highway K – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – 4 door freezer unit food prep area, gaskets broken and not installed properly. Current permit not posted for public view
- Salvation Army Food Pantry, 3 William Booth Drive – score 100
- ABC Daycare and Learning Center, 2796 Highway K – score 100
- O’Fallon Senior Center, 106 North Main Street – score 98
- Forest Park Elementary School, 501 Sunflower Lane – score 100
- Longhorn Steakhouse, 2102 Highway K – score 94
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – Observed thermometers missing in multiple cold holding units on the cook line. Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed dish racks stored on the ground. Items should be stored at least 6 inches off the ground. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirty shelving above the food preparation area. Shelving holding clean containers should be cleaned regularly. This is a repeat violation. Observed excessively dirty hoods with grease and debris. Staff should clean hoods regularly.
- Frontier Middle School, 9233 Highway DD – score 100
- Westhoff Elementary School, 900 Homefield Boulevard – score 100
- Applebee’s, 1377 Highway K – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at First Baptist, 8740 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Discovery Ridge Elementary School, 2523 Sommers Road – score 100
- 109 Brewhouse, 3020 Highway K – score 93
Consumer Advisory requirement for raw or undercooked foods 5(pnt) – Observed no consumer advisory for undercooked foods Unshielded bulbs 2(pnt) – Observed 2 lights in kitchen not shielded
- Bob Evans, 1998 Zumbehl Road – score 95
Observed potato cheddar soup and chicken noodle soup being held at 128 degrees Fahrenheit. Items were removed from service. TCS/PHF foods must be hot held at 135 F or above. Violation corrected by removing items from service. Discussed New light ballasts added with LED bulbs in main kitchen and in cook line, Cleaning frequency for shelving in walk in cooler and behind cooking/refrigeration equipment on main cook line.
- TGI Friday’s, 2000 South First Capitol Drive – score 96
Observed underside (non food contact surface) of clean wooden serving boards with food debris.
Observed handsink at bar with drip at P-trap.
- The Donut Stop, 3120 West Clay Street – score 95
- St. Charles Quick Shop, 2010 Campus Drive – score 100
- Zion Lutheran Lunch Program, 3866 Harvester Road – score 98
- Save A Lot, 3102 West Clay Street – score 95
- Here Today, 800 South Duchesne Drive – score 93
lack of covered trash can. Failure to post most recent inspection report.
- St. Andrews Mini Mart, 2000 Campus Drive – score 100
- McDonald’s, 1890 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Sodexo at John Weldon Elementary School, 7370 Weldon Spring Road – score 100
- El Pueblito, 1411 South First Capitol Drive G – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed floors behind cooling equipment with accumulation of debris. Pull equipment out and clean at increased frequency. Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed ceiling tiles at entrance of walk in cooler damaged.
- Taqueria El Pueblito, 1411 South First Capitol Drive G – score 90
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt)
Observed floors behind cooling equipment with accumulation of debris. Pull equipment out and clean at increased frequency. Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed ceiling tiles at entrance of walk in cooler damaged.
- Mr. Meowski’s Sourdough, 3315 Highway 94 N – score 100
- Little Guppy Child Dev Center, 3151 Elm Point Industrial Drive – score 100
- Dan O’s Pizza, 3477 New Town Boulevard – score 100
- ALDI, 1335 Bass Pro Drive – score 95
- The Drinking Horn II, 2234 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Sodexo at Becky David Elementary School, 1155 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Thoele Convenience Store, 2212 First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Rookies Bar and Grill, 15356 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Taco Bell, 3797 Elm Street – follow up, in compliance
- Walgreen’s, 3800 Elm Street – score 95
- Food Service Consultants at St. Cletus School, 2721 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Big Woody’s BBQ, 1821 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Non-food contact surfaces found with accumulation of debris. Items include bottom of reach in cooler and reach in cooler shelving in front kitchen and can opener in back kitchen. Observed accumulation of debris on walls and floors in front and back kitchen. Areas include (but not limited to) 3 compartment sink, mop sink, hot water heater, along baseboards, and under prep tables/equipment. Observed staining and accumulation on ceiling tiles in front kitchen. Observed coving/baseboard missing under 3 compartment sink. Observed lighting intensity insufficient in food prep locations including front kitchen and back (prep) kitchen.
- St. Andrews Cinema, 2025 Golfway Drive – score 100
- Mother in Law House Restaurant, 500 South Main Street – score 100
- King Edward’s Fried Chicken, 1201 South Duchesne Drive – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Lincoln Elementary, 625 South Sixth Street – score 95
Observed Hobart dishmachine at 0 ppm chlorine. Machine must dispense chlorine at concentration of 50-100 ppm. 3 compartment to be used in place of machine until corrected. New sanitizer not to arrive until Monday. Follow up will be scheduled for Tuesday 28th. Discussed Acoustic ceiling tiles, Wooden shelving
- Ho Ho Chinese Restaurant, 1801 Zumbehl Road – score 92
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed cooked rice stored in container on ground. Item relocated to top of prep table. FCSs Chipped, cracked or broken 2(pnt) – Observed food containers that are damaged with cracks inside walk in cooler and sliding ric. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed debris accumulation on bottoms of cooling units/ reach in freezer/sliding door reach in cooler. Observed hood with accumulation of grease and debris. Observed fire suppression system with grease accumulation. Observed fryer grease accumulation on lower shelf on prep table located next to fryer. Observed debris accumulation on floors, floors under fryer, baseboards and corners surrounding equipment.
- Food Service Consultants at St. Elizabeth-St. Robert, 1 Seton Court – score 100
- Harvester Residential Care, 35 Lillian Drive – score 95
- Chartwell’s at Discovery Elementary, 500 Discovery Path Lane – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Orchard Farm Early Learning, 3489 Boschertown Road – score 100
- Double D Market, 1300 Highway DD – score 93
All safe serves have expired. Failure to post most recent inspection report
- Aiello’s Cigar Bar, 5286 Highway N – score 95
lack of hot water at hand wash and bathrooms
- St. Charles Community College Cafe, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Mad Dog and Cats, 1005 Wolfrum Road – score 98
- Food Service Consultants at Messiah Lutheran, 5911 South Highway 94 – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from July 2018:
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 3601 North St. Peters Parkway Ste 100 – score 98
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, 1365 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- Fritz’s Frozen Custard, 506 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Green China, 627 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Ham N Egg, 3640 Harvester Road – score 90 (July 6), score 100 (July 19)
- Hibachi Boy, 6155 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Hot Diggity Dog Stand at Home Depot, 6190 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Hot Spot Market, 511 Jungermann Road – score 100
- HR Liquor and Market, 2963 North St. Peters Parkway – score 95
- Imo’s Pizza, 595 Starwood Drive – score 100