The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of March 20 – 26, 2019.
- Little Lamb Child Care, 185 West Highway D – score 100
- 88 China, 1933 Wentzville Parkway – score 87
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NUMEROUS ITEMS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – OBSERVED GAP AT BACKDOOR THRESHOLD
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED REACH IN FREEZER SHELVING HEAVILY SOILED. OBSERVED SHELF UNDER CUTTING BOARD SOILED. (CORRECTED ONSITE)
Insufficient water capacity (includes hot water) 5(pnt) – OBSERVED HOT WATER TURNED OFF AT SINK (CORRECTED ONSITE)
OBSERVED FLOORING HEAVILY SOILED IN WALK IN COOLER
- Imo’s Pizza, 1127 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Texas Roadhouse, 15150 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Subway, 608 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Wendy’s, 1233 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Great Wall, 131 Civic Center Drive – score 100
- Dollar Tree, 6113 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Subway, 1321 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 98
- Field Box West, 760 Lakeside Plaza – score 98
- Fastlane, 7430 Highway N – score 100
- The Lead School, 507 South Cool Springs Road – score 100
- Pathways Assisted Living Facility, 161 Pieper Road – score 100
- Burkempers Family Restaurant, 512 Sonderen Street – score 91
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Handsink has accumulation of water in basin. Water to be cleared.
Observed grease accumulation and drippage at grease lines basement. Observed water on basement floor from unknown source. This water should be treated as contaminant and controlled.
- Dollar Tree, 1630 Highway K – score 98
- Monkey Joe’s, 4732 Mid Rivers Mall – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 3441 Pheasant Meadow Drive 3 – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 9495 Mexico Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 7422 Highway N – score 100
- Jersey Mike’s Subs, 2508 Highway K – score 69
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager or Handler on site during the inspection. Risk-based 3 facility: At least one MANAGER (on or off duty) shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety and all other MANAGER(S) shall have attended the Department Basic Food Safety Certification (or a pre-approved substitution).
Employees not washing hands, properly 5(pnt) – Observed an employee on site switching from duty to duty, not washing their hands, and replacing their gloves only.
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Observed trash can located directly in front of the sink in the counter area, making it inaccessible for employees to conveniently wash their hands. Observed a food prep bucket stacked on top of another bucket directly in front of the hand sink located in the food prep area, making it completely inaccessible for employees to wash their hands.
Unlabeled spray bottle 5(pnt) – Observed two spray bottles in the kitchen area not properly labeled or unlabeled. Windex was filled in a bleach container and sanitizer bottle was unlabeled. Note employees should not mix bleach and ammonia products.
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed crack on plastic floor drain located across from the three compartment sink. Floor drains should be protected to prevent the entrance of pests.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed vent hoods with excessive built up food debris.
Observed 2019 Permit not posted at the establishment. Observed no recent inspection report posted. Last inspection report was performed in October and the establishment has one posted from last April.
- Wendy’s, 1390 Mexico Loop Road East – score 91
Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – Observed temperature of chili at 104 F with no time control indicated. Chili discarded by manager immediately.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers, tall freezer, and walk in cooler. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving above three compartment sink with sticky food residue. Items should be cleaned regularly.
- The Tap House Pub & Patio, 9015 Veterans Memorial Parkway – follow up, in compliance
- Show-Me’s, 2509 Highway K – follow up, in compliance
- Progress West Health Care Center, 2 Progress Point Parkway – score 100
- Good Day Cafe, 2924 Highway K – score 100
- McDonald’s, 1001 North Main Street – score 95
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak at p trap of front hand sink at service counter.
- O’Fallon Senior Center, 106 North Main Street – score 100
- Lizzy Lou’s Shaved Ice, 3917 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Shirley’s Restaurant & Bar, 3065 North Highway 94 – score 90
No person in charge with minimum requirement for food safety certification.
Incorrect order of wash-rinse sanitize 2(pnt) – 3 compartment bar sink set up in incorrect order. Wash->Rinse->Sanitize. Corrected on site.
Found walk in cooler shelving with accumulation of rust and debris. Found hood requiring professional cleaning service.
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Found new grease interceptor installed, but floor remains damaged from installation.
Observed wall behind 3 compartment in kitchen damaged and exposed. Found hood filters requiring cleaning at increased frequency.
Found light intensity inadequate over handsink in kitchen.
- RT Weiler’s, 201 North Main Street – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed coolers with damaged or missing gaskets.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed hood over grill line with buildup of carbon and debris. Observed accumulation of grease and debris behind and under fryers.
- Immanuel Lutheran School, 632 East Highway N – score 100
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, 632 East Highway N – score 100
- Culpepper’s, 3010 West Clay Street – follow up, in compliance
- Schnuck’s deli, 1950 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Schnuck’s retail, 1950 Zumbehl Road – score 96
- Schnuck’s seafood, 1950 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Dollar Tree, 3768 Elm Street – score 93
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt). Failure to post most recent inspection.
- St. Louis Bread Company, 2079 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- The Corner Bar & Grill, 571 First Capitol Drive – score 91
No one food safety certified at time of inspection. Owner is certified but not present.
Personal drinks not to be consumed during food prep. Drinks to be covered to prevent contamination of food items.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Inside of ice bin is soiled and in need of cleaning.
- Allin’s Diner, 130 North Kingshighway – score 98
- Di Olivas Oil & Vinegar, 617 South Main Street – score 95
- Frankie Tocco’s Pizzeria, 108 South Main Street – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 1780 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Dollar Tree, 3839 Mexico Road – score 98
- Petro Mart, 3799 Elm Street – score 93
dirty ceiling vents over retail
- Froyo Lindenwood, 2040 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Observed minimum requirement for food safety certification not met. All persons in charge are required to have a basic level food safety certification.
Observed prep sink not securely attached to wall. Discussed Cleaning frequency for outsides/insides of frozen dessert machines
- Crazy Bowls and Wraps, 1980 West Clay Street – score 100
- Smoothie King, 2101 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- NHC Healthcare, 35 Sugar Maple Lane – score 100
- Embers at Queens Commissary, 501 Clark Street – score 100
- El Agave, 3823 Elm Street – score 100
- SSM Health Outpatient Cener, 711 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Barathaven Alzheimers Care Center, 1030 Barathaven Boulevard – score 100
- Oakaven Montessori School, 7267 Highway N – score 100
- Scrambled Eggs, 1008 Wolfrum Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from February 2019
- 311 Wine House and Beer Garden, 311 Main Street – score 88 (Feb. 15), score 98 (Feb. 27)
- 7-Eleven Store, 610 Jungermann Road – score 100
- 94 Convenience, 4500 South St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- All Saints Parish Center, 7 McMenamy Road – score 100
- Amvets Memorial Post #106, 360 Brown Road – score 98
- Bahama Buck’s, 6010 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 179 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. C – score 98