The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, September 26 – October 2, 2018.
- Travel Centers of America, 3265 North Service Road East – score 100
- Juicy Tan, 1229 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 8 Wentzville Center – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 1134 West Pearce Boulevard – follow up. In compliance except still working on left hand sink in mens room to attain 100F
- Dairy Queen, 702 South Church Street – score 100
- Millwoods, 1826 West Pearce Boulevard – score 98
- Subway, 608 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Twin Oaks at Heritage Pointe Assisted Living, 228 Savannah Terrace Drive – score 100
- Caring and Sharing Food Pantry, 357 Shockdrake Court – score 100
- Jenny Craig Weight Loss Center, 7851 Highway N – score 93
Operating without a permit or failure to post permit. Failure to post most recent inspection.
- Hardee’s, 1944 Wentzville Parkway – score 94
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed moisture dripping at seam in walk in cooler.
Observed ice bin dripping water resulting in pooling water. Door at walk in freezer allowing water to accumulate at floor outside unit and small Bev Air cooler accumulating moisture and allowing pooling of water at floor outside unit. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Surfaces over food storage / prep and single use wrappers in need of cleaning.
- St. Joseph School Cafeteria, 1410 Josephville Road – score 100
- Fireside Bar & Grill, 30 Highway D – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Gaskets on doors to reach under cooler , stand up cooler, and food prep non NSF cooler observed to be broken. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Top of oven , and food cooler covered with dust. Insufficient lighting 2(pnt) in kitchen area several light bulbs not working.REPEAT
- Maracas, 4600 Highway Z – score 91
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – No one present have proper managerial certification. Observed significant amount of live fruit gnats. Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Walk in cooler
Lake Saint Louis
- Field Box West, 760 Lakeside Plaza – score 95
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Hand sink at bar should be supplied and available for employee use.
- St. Theodore School, 5059 Highway P – score 100
- Flik Intl Corp at Mastercard, 2200 Mastercard Boulevard – score 100
- Spice Bazaar, 3449 Pheaant Meadow Drive – score 98
- Dairy Queen, 9695 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 92
Observed many drain flies located in the manual washing area with the three compartment sinks. Facility should maintain drains to avoid the increase of flies. Observed an EcoLab receipt of 9/21/2018 indicating treatment of property, but for large flies only. Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed vent hoods with excessive grease. Employees should continue to maintain hoods to avoid build-up grease if the frequency of the professional company is not efficient enough.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed dirty floors underneath the fryers including a build up of grease and trash/litter. Employees should regularly maintain cleanliness underneath equipment.
Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – Observed food stored (crazy, bowls, and wraps) in the walk in cooler with other food items belonging to the facility. Personal belongings should be stored in a designated area.
Corrected previous violations including sanitizer strength in the three compartment sink and soda nozzles.
- Little Caesar’s Pizza, 850 Bryan Road – score 91
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – walk in cooler door gasket. Observed opening under rear door to be large enough for insects to come in, weather brush needs to be installed. Last inspection report not posted
- Thoele Convenience Store, 3000 North Highway 94 – score 93
Found quat based sanitizer not dispensing at correct concentration at 3 compartment sink. Correct to concentration of 200-400 ppm quat. Manually fill buckets and sanitize bay to concentration of 200-400 ppm quat until corrected.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed non-food contact surfaces with accumulation of debris. Areas include (but are not limited to): floors throughout facility, faucets/handles to handsinks and 3 compartment sink, floors under 3 compartment sink and floors under soda machine area in back and under bag in box shelf, frp walls behind 3 compartment sink, air vents and ceiling tiles over fryer/cook line
- Thoele Convenience Store, 3000 North Highway 94 – follow up, in compliance
- Walmart deli, 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED READY TO EAT FOODS AFTER BEING REMOVED AND CUT WITH LONGER THAN 7 DAY USE BY DATE
- St. Cletus School, 2721 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Tuners on Main Street, 130 South Main Street – score 94
Observed harborage conditions not prevented in kitchen. Observed debris in 3 compartment sinks and fruit fly presence in same location. Observed spider webs under 3 compartment sink. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED INSIDE OF REACH IN COOLER WITH DEBRIS ACCUMULATION; OBSERVED SHELVING BELOW PREP TABLE WITH DEBRIS ACCUMULATION AND SHELF/WALL POPCORN MACHINE SITS ON; OBSERVED SHELVING OVER 3 COMPARTMENT SINK AND FOOD PREP AREA WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS; OBSERVED PHYSICAL FACILITY WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. AREAS INCLUDE FLOORS, WALLS, CEILINGS OF KITCHEN. OBSERVED AREA SURROUNDING ICE MAKER WITH ACCUMULATION ON FLOORS. OBSERVED FLOOR IN FRONT OF ICE MACHINE IN POOR REPAIR.
- 77 Bistro at Windsor Estates, 2150 West Randolph Street – score 100
- Tucano’s Brazilian Grill, 1520 South Fifth Street – score 98
- Show Me’s, 2795 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 89
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT A 7 DAY DATE MARKING. OBSERVED FLOORING IN WALK IN COOLER NOT SMOOTH AND EASILY CLEANABLE. Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – OBSERVED HOOD VENTS HEAVILY SOILED, OBSERVED MICROWAVE SOILED, OBSERVED PREP COOLER HEAVILY SOILED, OBSERVED PREP COOLER SHELF HEAVILY SOILED, OBSERVED FLOOR HEAVILY SOILED IN WALK IN COOLER AND KITCHEN AREA
MANAGER SAID FLOORING AND SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER WILL BE REPLACED BY OCTOBER 8TH.
- Missouri Bluffs Golf Club, 18 Research Park Circle – score 95
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Condensate line from cooling unit in walk in cooler and tall stnd up freezer, leaking onto stored food containers. Space under condensate line not to be used for food storage.
- Gingham’s Homestyle Restaurant, 1881 Sherman Drive – scorer 100
- Sodexo at Francis Howell High School, 7001 South Highway 94 – score 100
- Embassy Suites Cyprus Kitchen Main, 2 Convention Center Plaza – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED GRILL LOW BOY HANDLES SOILED, OBSERVED HANDSINK HANDLES SOILED, OBSERVED PANTRY COOLER SHELVING SOILED, OBSERVED PAPER TOWEL DISPENSER SOILED, OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED UNDER EQUIPMENT IN KITCHEN. OBSERVED UNUSED EQUIPMENT IN KITCHEN
- Oasis Food Pantry, 1814 Boones Lick Road – score 100
- Sugarbot Sweet Shop, 433 Jackson Street – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Jefferson Middle School, 2660 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Two Twelve Nite Club, 212 North Main Street – score 100
- Immanuel Lutheran School, 632 East Highway N – score 100
- Schnuck’s deli and salad bar, 1950 Zumbehl Road – both scored 100
- Mattingly’s St. Charles Sports Bar & Grill, 3434 Harry S Truman Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- 88 China, 2649 Muegge Road – score 100
- St. Charles Music Tavern, 2556 Raymond Drive – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt). Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed non contact surfaces such as ice bin and shelf surfaces above dish storage and inside of equipment such as microwaves and refrigerator in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers, 1840 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Flint Hill Elementary, 587 Mexico Road – score 100
- Huck’s Convenience Store, 2875 Saint Peters Howell Road – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER SOILED. OBSERVED HOOD VENTS HEAVILY SOILED. OBSERVED CEILING AND LIGHT FIXTURE IN KITCHEN SOILED
- Dierberg’s deli, salad bar, seafood, sushi bar, 2021 Zumbehl Road – all scored 100
- Thies Farm & Greenhouses, 3200 Greens Bottom Road – score 98
- Stone Soup Cottage, 5809 Highway N – score 100
- T Arcobasso’s Italian Restaurant, 1057 Wolfrum Road – score 90
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – Observed no one on duty with a serv safe certification. Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE 0PPM
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from August 2018:
- Good Tymes Pub, 231 Spencer – score 100
- Gordon Food Service Store, 311 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Hawthorne Elementary School, 166 Boone Hills Drive – score 98
- Henderson Elementary School, 2501 Hackmann Road – score 100
- Honey Baked Ham Store, 185 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Indie Eatery, 7827 Mexico Road – score 100
- J. Noto Bakery, 5105 Westwood Drive – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 299 Salt Lick Road Ste. 100 – score 92
- Jakwagon’s Sports Grille, 3611 North St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- Jimmy John’s, 6295 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98