The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of November 13 – 19, 2019. Comments in boxes are quoted from inspection forms.
- Wentzville Green Lantern, 506 South Linn Avenue – score 100
- Sam’s Club retail, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- Fujisan Sushi Bar, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- The Tattooed Dog, 11 Wentzville Bluffs Drive 109 – score 100
- Texas Roadhouse, 15150 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Village Center Care, 909 East Pitman Avenue – score 88
Employees not washing hands, properly 5(pnt)
No soap at sink 5(pnt)
Paper towels should be contained in dispenser
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Food items and food related items to be stored at lease 6 inches above floor.
Observed residents of home smoking on porch immediately outside door at kitchen and this creates a strong smell of smoke inside facility. This activity is in violation of smoking ordinance of 2018 10-800. Facility serves highly susceptible population.
- Profile by Sanford, 1768 Wentzville Parkway – score 100 (opening)
- St. Louis Bread Company, 1212 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Lullaby Inn, 1652 West Meyer Road – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Hope Montessori Educational Institute, 1799 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Great Wall, 131 Civic Center Drive – score 100
- Andrews Academy, 1701 Feise Road – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1413 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at St. Joseph Parish SC, 1351 Motherhead Road – score 100
- Rosy’s and Paco’s Mexican Restaurant, 2698 Technology Drive – score 100
- Prairie View Elementary, 1550 Feise Road – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at St. Paul School, 1235 Church Road – score 100
- Garden Villas of O’Fallon, 7092 South Outer 364 – score 98
- Moudy’s Bar & Grill, 2151 West Terra Lane – score 98
- North Middle School A, 515 Sonderen Street – score 100
- North Middle School C, 210 Virgil Avenue – score 100
- Progress West Health Care Center, 2 Progress Point Parkway – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt West High School DECA Jungle Cafe, 840 Lone Star Drive – score 100
- Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 1151 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 100
- Assumption Church Food Pantry, 415 North Main Street – score 100
- Cornerstone United Methodist Church Food Pantry, 1151 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt North High School Indoor and Outdoor Concessions, 1230 Tom Ginnever Avenue – both scored 100
- Fort Zumwalt West High School Indoor and Outdoor Concessions, 1251 Turtle Creek Drive – both scored 100
- Subway, 619 North Main Street – score 100
- Rock Creek Elementary School, 8970 Mexico Road – score 100
- St. Barnabas Church, 1400 North Main Street – score 100
- St. Barnabas/Vincent DePaul Food Pantry, 1400 North Main Street – score 100
- Lady Di’s Diner, 630 North Kingshighway Street – score 100
- Penn Station, 1932 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Observed person in charge without a serv safe or basic sanitation course
FCSs Chipped, cracked or broken 2(pnt) – Observed cutting board with heavy scratches and no longer easily cleanable
Observed mops not hung up to air dry
- The Corner Bar & Grill, 571 First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Nagel’s BBQ at Lady Di’s, 630 North Kingshighway Street – score 100
- Imo’s Pizza, 2160 First Capitol Drive – score 93
Observed meatballs hot holding at temperature range of 108F-131F. Discussed reheating procedure. Must bring items up to 165F for 15 seconds before hot holding in steam well. Corrected by reheating items to minimum internal temp of 165F.
Observed employee coats not located in designated location. Not to be stored in kitchen or on shelving units for kitchen use.
- Lewis and Clark Gardens, 1221 Boones Lick Road – score 91
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION
Incorrect order of wash-rinse sanitize 2(pnt) – OBSERVED INCORRECT ORDER OF WASH, RINSE, SANITIZE. ONE OF THE BASINS DO NOT HOLD WATER
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED LEAK BENEATH 3 COMPARTMENT SINK. LEAK IS DRAINING INTO DRAIN TO PREVENT WATER FROM ACCUMULATION ON THE FLOOR
- Thai Kitchen, 2436 West Clay Street – score 92
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – OBSERVED BAG OF CORNSTARCH STORED ON THE FLOOR.
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE SCOOP HANDLE TOUCHING ICE. ICE SCOOP SHOULD BE STORED TO PREVENT CONTAMINATION OF ICE
Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED DISH RACKS STORED ON THE FLOOR, OBSERVED DISH PAN STORED ON THE FLOOR
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED FAN GUARD IN WALK IN COOLER SOILED
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, 2412 West Clay Street – score 96
OBSERVED CAULKING IN NEED OF REPAIR ABOVE 3 COMPARTMENT SINK
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CAN OPENER SOILED, OBSERVED WALK IN FREEZER FLOOR SOILED, OBSERVED CEILING TILES SOILED, OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED IN REACH IN COOLERS
- Chartwell’s at Blackhurst Elementary, 2000 Elm Street – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Hardin Middle School, 1950 Elm Street – score 100
- St. Charles County Juvenile Justice Center, 1700 South River Road – score 100
- Midtowne Market deli, 317 Hawthorne Avenue – score 98
- All Occasion Banquet Center Inc, 111 Compass Point Drive – score 98
- Panda Express, 2911 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 95
OBSERVED MOST RECENT INSPECTION NOT POSTED
- St. Charles Convention main kitchen, 1 Convention Center Plaza – score 98
- Shirley’s Restaurant & Bar, 3065 North Highway 94 – score 91
No person in charge with minimum requirement for food safety certification. Risk 4 establishment to have a person in charge with a 5 year management level certification to cover all shifts during operating hours.
Observed hood vents with accumulation of debris.
Observed inside of cabinets at bar with debris accumulation inside.
Observed floors under and behind cooking line with accumulation of debris.
Observed items not relevant to the operation of the kitchen stored in corner by kitchen handsink. Remove from kitchen area.
Observed tile in bar area damaged and with exposed wood.
- Aunt B’s Kettle Corn, 1365 South Fifth Street – score 100
- China King Buffet, 3743 Elm Street – score 98
- Frenchtown Deli & Catering Co., 1312 North Second Street R – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at Duchesne High School, 2550 Elm Street – score 100
- Eurest Dining at Verizon, 500 Technology Drive – follow up
Pest control document was sent but still need to do a follow up
- Kids Academy, 6016 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 100
Botanical Tea Room, 5350 Hackmann Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from September 2019
- Lewis and Clark Elementary School, 460 McMenamy Road – score 100
- Little Caesar’s, 36 Harvester Square Ste. B – score 94
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 3300 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 89
- Lucky China, 7114 Mexico Road – score 100
- Lucky Sushi House, 222 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Max Out at Harvest Lanes, 4101 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- McClay Senior Care, 3801 McClay Road – score 90 (Sept. 12), score 98 (Sept. 23)
- Mid Rivers 14 Cine, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive ste. 1220 – score 92
- Mid Rivers Day Care, 349 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Mid Rivers Elementary School 7479 Mexico Road – score 100
- Mid Rivers Elementary School Y Club, 7479 Mexico Road – score 100
- Dairy Queen, 1015 St. Peters Howell Road – score 98
- My Sons Cake and Candy Supply, 117 Main Street – score 100
- Nightshift Bar & Grill, 3979 Mexico Road – score 100
- Nutrition Stop, 4101 Mexico Road – score 100
- Oberweis Dairy, 7090 Mexico Road – score 94