The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of January 16 – 22, 2019.
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 8 Wentzville Center – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Dam-It Joes, 28 Auvergne Drive – score 100
- McDonald’s, 885 Robert Raymond Drive – score 98
- Domino’s Pizza, 8760 Veterans Memorial Parkway – follow up
- Great American Progress Point, 1 Progress Point Parkway – score 96
SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SINGLE SERVICE ITEMS NOT STORED TO PREVENT LIP CONTACT CONTAMINATION
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CAN OPENER SOILED, OBSERVED SHELVING IN REACH IN COOLER SOILED, OBSERVED CEILING TILES SOILED
- The Christy, 9000 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- KFC, 8716 Veterans Memorial Parkway – scorer 91
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt)
1. Observed dark build-up on in the inner rim of the ice machine. This should be cleaned regularly. REPEAT
2. Observed ice build up in the walk in freezer.
3. Observed built-up food residue on shelving containing clean containers near the 3 compartment sink. These should be wiped down regularly to avoid build up.
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed missing floor tiles near the drain located towards the back right of the kitchen.
Observed no recent inspection report posted for the public to see.
- Frontier Bowling Lanes, 177 Frontier Park Drive – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gasket on the stand up reach in cooler in the back of the kitchen.
Observed non-commercial equipment in the kitchen (REPEAT)
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed built up grease on the hoods located in the kitchen. These should be cleaned regularly by professional company. Discussed increasing frequency.
- Mike’s Grill and Tap, 2447 Highway K – score 93
No person in charge with management level food safety certification. To have by next routine inspection.
Observed quat sanitizer mixer not pulling chemical through system. Buckets found at 0 ppm quat. Manually add chemical and test concentration until corrected.
- Mike’s Grill and Tap, 2447 Highway K – follow up, in compliance
- Ethyl’s Smokehouse & Saloon, 8505 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 905 Caledonia Drive – score 90
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Observed bowl of ice in handwash sink in bar. Maintain access to handwash sink and discontinue using handwash sink for purposes other than handwashing.
Observed dishwasher in bar was not feeding sanitizer. Repair/Replace dishwasher so that it is properly sanitizing.
- Sugarfire Smoke House, 9955 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Menchies Frozen Yogurt, 106 Laura K Drive – score 100
- First Wok, 3748 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 94
Handwashing signage 2(pnt) – OBSERVED NO HANDWASHING SIGNS IN RESTROOMS
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED IN USE STORAGE CONTAINER WITHOUT HANDLE. FOOD CONTAINERS NEED TO HANDLE TO STORE ABOVE THE TOP OF THE FOOD TO PREVENT CONTAMINATION
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – OBSERVED HOOD VENTS SOILED
OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED IN DRY STORAGE AREA
OBSERVED BOTTOM SHELF SOILED WITH CAN GOODS
- Family Auction Center, 224 Sonderen Street – score 100
- Pedestal Foods – Lindenwood Chick-Fil-A – score 98
- Little Jem’s Learning Center, 4056 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- McDonald’s, 3701 Elm Street – score 98
- Marsala’s Market, 3308 Rue Royale – score 100
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant, 2057 Zumbehl Road – follow up
Machine remains to be fixed. Will follow up again to verify correction
- American Legion Post 312, 2500 Raymond Drive – score 100
- Rally’s, 826 First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Gingham’s Homestyle Restaurant, 1881 Sherman Drive – score 100
- Meals by Richard at Montelle Winery, 201 Montelle Drive – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from November 2018:
- Seniors & Company Adult Day Services, 115 Piper Hill Drive Ste. 100 – score 100
- Sonic Drive-In, 651 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Spencer Place Assisted Living, 265 Spencer Road – score 95 (Nov. 6), score 100 (Nov. 16)
- Starbuck’s, 6187 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Subway, 947 Jungermann Road – score 95 (Nov. 7), score 100 (Nov. 19)
- Subway, 3899 Veterans Memorial Parkway Ste. G – score 98
- Subway, 4644 South St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- Taco Bell, 159 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Target general and cafe, 6241 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – both scored 100
- The Crazy Greek, 235 Jungermann Road Ste. 203-205 – score 93
- Thoele Inc., 403 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Vasaio Atelie, 357 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 1305 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 909 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 3801 South Old Highway 94 – score 98
- Walgreen’s, 499 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 530 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Walgreen’s, 4493 Central School Road – score 100
- Walmart bakery, deli, fuel station convenience, meat, 3031 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – all scored 100
- West of Hunan, 630 Jungermann Road – score 98