The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of August 14 – 20, 2019.
- Mr Fuel, 11 Highway W – score 100
- Popeye’s, 3265 North Service Road E – score 100
- Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, 3265 North Service Road E – score 100
- Golf Club of Wentzville, 9 Pro Shop Drive – score 100
- McDonald’s, 766 West Pearce Boulevard – score 91
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Walk in refrigerator temp 52F at time of inspection. Technician arrived and repaired at time of inspection and this should resolve freezer melting as well.
Observed flies throughout prep area. Chemical treatment should not be done while facility is open and all surfaces should be washed, rinsed and sanitized after chemical use.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Ice machine and bins in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Wallis Petroleum, 1197 Highway Z – score 100
- Olive Garden, 1280 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Fritz’s Frozen Custard, 1105 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Lullaby Inn Learning Center, 10390 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Petro Mart, 463 Hawk Ridge Trail – score 100
- Subway, 6249 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Duello Elementary School, 1814 Duello Road – score 100
- Subway at Walmart, 6100 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 459 Hawk Ridge Trail – score 98
- Beth Academy Daycare, 4301 Keaton Crossing Boulevard – score 100
- Sushi Ai, 2981 Highway K – score 98
- La Tia & Panchos Cantina & Grill, 140 North Main Street – score 98
- Cappuccino’s Restaurant, 1365 Highway K – score 98
- O’Fallon Bowling Lanes, 420 Sonderen Street – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt West High School, 1251 Turtle Creek Drive – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt West High School coffee shop, 1251 Turtle Creek Drive – score 100
- Kitaro Bistro of Japan, 4551 Highway K – score 98
- Massas Bar and Grill, 3072 Winghaven Boulevard – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on multiple coolers/freezer in cookline.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on grates in the walkin cooler, shelves in walkin cooler, dry storage shelves, can opener.
- Wharf Pharmacy, 2175 West Terra Lane – score 100
- Barrels Taphouse and Grill, 6726 Highway N – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers in the kitchen and potential mold growth on the walk in cooler gasket. Replace to maintain equipment in good condition.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of grease on the vent hoods and underneath the fryers. Clean vent hoods regularly.
- Winghaven Country Club, 7777 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Hotshots, 1636 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 96
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED INSIDE OF ICE MACHINE SOILED AND OUTSIDE ON TRACKS OF DOORS
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SEALS IN GRILL COOLER IN NEED OF REPAIR. OBSERVED SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER RUSTED AND NOT SMOOTH AND EASILY CLEANABLE (REPEAT VIOLATION)
- Sam’s Club cafe, 2855 Veterans Memorial Parkway – follow up, violation corrected
- Embassy Suites Caffeinas, 2 Convention Center Plaza – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NUMEROUS SANDWICHES WITHOUT DATE MARKINGS
- Arrow Senior Living at the Boulevard, 3330 Ehlmann Road – score 100
- Funke’s Bar and Grill, 331 North Main Street – score 88
Observed no person in charge with minimum requirement for food safety certification. Risk 3 establishment requires 1 person with a 5 year management certification. When this person is not on site, another person in charge is required a basic level food safety certification (2-3 year certification).
Observed 2 door sandwich make table holding foods above 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Items included cut tomatoes at 50 and sour cream at 54. Thermometer inside unit indicated ambient air temp of 60 degrees Fahrenheit. To discontinue use of cooler and items inside cooler until serviced by a technician.
Observed leak in center drain of 3 compartment sink. Repair or replace.
- Funke’s Bar and Grill, 331 North Main Street – follow up, violation corrected
- Sodexo at Becky David Elementary, 1155 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Ruma’s Deli, 1500 Elm Street – score 100
- Jenner’s Kids Daycare, 1530 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 100
- Taco Bell, 3797 Elm Street – score 93
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed non-food contact areas with accumulation of debris.
Observed floors surrounding fryers with debris and grease. Observed floors, wall, and floor sink with debris accumulation under prep sink. Observed underside of dining room soda machine with mold-like substance and outside of ice chute with mold-like substance. Corrected on site.
Observed most recent health inspection not posted for public viewing.
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza, 2013 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Hardee’s, 2701 Highway 94 N – score 92
Minimum requirement for food safety handler certification not met. No person in charge, on site, with a certification.
Observed multiple gaskets on cold holding equipment in poor repair and with debris.
Observed 2 door short beverage-air reach in cooler not operational. If equipment is not scheduled for repair, then remove unused/non working cooler.
Observed walk in cooler shelving with mold-like substances on them. Require more frequent cleaning to prevent accumulation.
Observed no 2019 permit posted for public viewing.
- Artistic Affairs Catering, 1336 Caulks Hill Road – score 98
- Aiello’s Cigar Bar, 5286 Highway N – score 100
- Cloud 9 Premium Lounge, 1517 Cottleville Parkway 109 – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from June 2019
- Fastlane, 1425 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Field Box, 4 Main Street – score 100
- Fit4Me Foods, 6219 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Fritzs Frozen Custard, 506 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Great Skate Roller Rink, 130 Boone Hills rive – score 100
- Dairy Queen, 1450 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Hobos at the Legion, 200 Main Street – score 100
- Hooters, 4061 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- IHOP, 3850 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Imo’s, 312 Jungermann Road – score 91
- Indie Eatery, 7827 Mexico Road – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 4124 Mexico Road – score 94
- Kidstreet, 2300 Willott Road – score 100
- Kokomo Joe’s, 4105 North Cloverleaf Drive – score 98
- Laurel Park Pool Concession Stand, 181 Driftwood Lane – score 100
- Lil Mickey’s Memphis Barbeque, 1020 Cave Springs Boulevard – score 95 (June 13), score 100 (June 25)
- Lion’s Choice, 3807 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Little Caesar’s, 4879 Mexico Road – score 88 (June 10), score 98 (June 24)
- Longhorn Steak House, 3979 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- McDonald’s, 199 Spencer Road – score 98
- Mobil Mart, 203 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, 6123 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Orlando’s Produce, 7875 Mexico Road – score 96