The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of July 10 – 16, 2019.
- Texas Roadhouse, 15150 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- St. Louis Bread Company, 1212 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Fujisan Sushi Bar, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- Sam’s Club concession/cafe, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- Wentzville Green Lantern, 506 South Linn Avenue – score 100
- Target grocery and cafe, 1883 Wentzville Parkway -both scored 100
- Applebee’s, 1987 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Panda Express, 1985 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- TMS – Wentzville LLC, 100 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 100
- Hotshots Sports Bar & Grill, 49 Wentzville Bluffs Drive – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- McDonald’s, 885 Robert Raymond Drive – score 100
- Walmart deli, 6100 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- McDonald’s, 2144 West Terra Lane – score 89
Eliminate pest harborage such as standing water and accumulated grease and food debris. Premises to be maintained free of pests.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Inside of ice machine and ice bins and inside of refrigeration units to be cleaned to prevent build up.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Water from 3 compartment sink, when drained, is coming up in middle compartment due to failure at air gap below sink at drainage. This should be repaired according to law to operate in a sanitary manner.
Water is still accumulating on floor near 3 compartment sink. This has been an issue since opening and potentially contributes to other problems such as flies.
- Subway, 37 O’Fallon Square – score 93
Observed expired food safety certification during inspection. Risk-based 3 facility: At least one MANAGER (on or off duty) shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety and all other MANAGER(S) shall have attended the Department’s Basic Food Safety Certification (or a pre-approved substitution).
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – Observed broken thermometer on the outside of the walk in cooler and no thermometers provided for the inside of the walk in cooler. This is a repeat violation.
- Pizza Hut, 38 O’Fallon Square – score 85
Observed accumulation of drain flies located in the back near the dishwasher.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed excessive accumulation of build up, potential mold growth, on gaskets located on the pizza making line. Gaskets were in poor condition during last inspection.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soiled shelving throughout reach in coolers in the establishment. Clean shelving regularly to avoid build up.
Observed build up of trash in bathroom located by the back door. Keep restroom clean and receptacles covered.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed excessive accumulation of trash and food debris on floors and under equipment. Clean floors regularly to avoid build up and attraction of pests.
Observed no recent inspection report posted (January 2019) and not easily viewable to the public.
- Texas Roadhouse, 1600 Mexico Loop Road W – score 96
Observed accumulation of flies in the dishwashing area. Control pests using regular pesticide treatment, lamps, etc.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers located on the line. Replace gaskets and maintain equipment in good condition.
- The Shack, 2931 Highway K – score 98
- McDonald’s, 2915 Highway K – score 96
Observed singled service items in cardboard boxes stored directly on the ground. This was corrected during the inspection.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – (1) Observed accumulation of food debris at the bottom of reach in coolers throughout the kitchen. Clean shelving inside coolers regularly to avoid build up. (2) Observed areas of the ice machine with dark build-up. Routinely clean ice machine to avoid build up.
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 2737 Highway K – score 94
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed food in boxes & bag of onions stored directly on the ground. Store food at least 6 inches above the ground. This was corrected on site by the manager.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gasket on walk in cooler. Manager mentioned gasket is on special order due to size.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of grease on vent hoods. Clean regularly to avoid build up.
Observed accumulation of sticky food debris on shelving throughout the kitchen. Clean shelving regularly.
- Wingstop Restaurant, 8610 Mexico Road – score 93
SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – Observed single use forks in the lobby displayed improperly. Face utensils in the same direction. Corrected on site.
Observed no recent inspection report for the establishment displayed.
- Subway, 3949 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 95
Observed no Basic Food Certification nor proof of Food Protection Manager Certification during the inspection. Risk-based 3 facility: At least one MANAGER (on or off duty) shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety and all other MANAGER(S) shall have attended the Department’s Basic Food Safety Certification (or a pre-approved substitution).
Gap at the back door has been corrected.
- The Dinner Bell, 475 Miralago Shore Drive – score 93
Observed single-use and single-service articles stored directly on the floor. Items must be stored 6 inches above the ground. This is a repeat violation.
No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – Observed no sanitizer strips on hand for the dishwasher to determine appropriate sanitizer concentration. Obtain test strips capable of testing chlorine.
- La Chata, 3891 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed condenser leaking in the walk in cooler and in the reach in cooler located on the furthest left hand side creating a build up of water. Repair equipment to avoid accumulation of water and potential contamination of food items.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed build up of ice in the walk in freezer. Regularly clean surfaces in freezer.
- Firehouse Subs, 4508 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Boschertown Bar & Grill, 3545 Highway 94 N – score 100
- Concetta’s Italian Restaurant, 600 South Fifth Street – score 96
Observed dry storage shelving in kitchen with accumulation of debris. Observed shelving in walk in cooler with accumulation of debris and possible rust development.
Observed floors and walls throughout kitchen with accumulation of debris. Floors under and surrounding cooking equipment and prep tables with debris and grease.
Observed damage to dry wall in kitchen. Observed wall tile missing and floor tiles damaged in kitchen. Observed painted ceiling in walk in cooler in poor repair/peeling paint. Observed location from last inspection with damaged dry wall ceiling repaired with bare/unsealed wood. Surface not smooth, non absorbent, and easily cleanable.
- Lady Di’s Dine, 630 North Kingshighway Street – score 98
- Nagel’s BBQ at Lady Di’s, 630 North Kingshighway Street – score 100
- Culpepper’s, 3010 West Clay Street – score 95
Found TCS foods in 6 door pullout cooler below grill line not being held at 41F or below. Discontinue service of the items and remove the cooler from use until corrected.
- Culpepper’s, 3010 West Clay Street – follow up, in compliance
- Boone’s Lick Trail Inn, 1000 South Main Street – score 98
- Freedom Ballpark, 2850 St. Peters Howell Road – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 2181 Droste Road – score 88
OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE OR BASIC SANITATION COURSE.
Unlabeled spray bottle 5(pnt) – OBSERVED UNLABELED SPRAY BOTTLES
OBSERVED MOST RECENT INSPECTION NOT POSTED IN PUBLIC VIEW
- Hong Kong Restaurant, 2207 Droste Road – follow up, in compliance
ESTABLISHMENT IS NOT USING THE REACH IN COOLER ANYMORE, ONLY WALK IN COOLER
- Padavan & Haacke on the Water at The Duck Club, 6257 Highway V – score 100
- Boat House Food & Deck, 601 North Shore – score 98
- Narwhal’s Crafted, 1450 Beale Street – score 100 (opening)
- Subway at Walmart, 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- China King Buffet, 3743 Elm Street – score 93
Observed dishmachine in kitchen not pulling chlorine sanitizer. Machine found at 0 ppm chlorine. Service tech has been called. To discontinue use of the machine until corrected to 50-100 ppm chlorine. Three compartment sink to be used in its place.
Observed grease accumulation on sides of fryer and wok line, next to fryer. Observed accumulation on ground surrounding fryers. Cleans areas at a frequency to prevent accumulation.
- Frankie Tocco’s Pizzeria, 108 South Main Street – score 100
- Breeze Park, 600 Breeze Park Drive – score 98
- China King, 1025 Wolfrum Road – score 91
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt)
Observed raw meat over canned sodas and bottled water in the walkin cooler.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt)
Observed dirt/debris build-up on vent hood, on the handles of equipment (coolers/freezers) and around inside of cooler/freezers.
Observed damaged/deteriorated ceiling tiles in dining room area (possibly from water damage), dirty walls/ceilings, and shelves throughout.
- Sweet Angelina’s Cafe, 550 Highway F – score 100
- Noboleis Vineyards, 100 Hemsath Road – score 100
- Sunflower Hill Farm, 245 Terry Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from April 2019
- Honey Baked Ham Store, 185 Mid Rivers Mal Drive – score 98
- Hot Spot Market, 511 Jungermann Road – score 100
- J. Noto Bakery, 5105 Westwood Drive – score 100
- Jimmy John’s, 6295 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- KFC, 4118 Mexico Road – score 96
- KFC, 1699 Jungermann Road – score 98
- La Carretta Mexican Restaurant, 4203 South Old Highway 94 – score 96
- Laulie Cakes, 1215 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Little Learners of St. Peters, 506 South Church Street – score 100
- Long John Silvers, 4401 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 91 (April 9), score 96 (April 22)
- Los Chavez Mexican Grille, 4245 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Matteson Square Gardens Tri Plex, 3051 Industrial Park Pl W – score 96
- McDonald’s, 24 Harvester Square – score 100
- McDonald’s, 299 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Misty Nights Bar and Grill, 4241 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Mobil on the Run, 6191 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Smokers BBQ Rollercoaster, 6204 Fountainview Circle – score 100
- New Ho’s Chinese, 6646 Mexico Road – score 98
- Noto Pizza Food Trailer, 5105 Westwood Drive – score 100
- Panda Express, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1212 – score 100
- Papa John’s, 521 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Penn Station East Coast Subs, 318 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. I – score 96
- Petro Mart, 6098 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Petro Mart, 664 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 939 Jungermann Road – score 94
- Premium Adult Day Center, 104 Jungermann Road Ste. F – score 100
- QuikTrip, 3000 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Redbirds Sports Bar and Grill, 4223 North St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- SPAA Woodland Concession Stand, 1 Woodland Parkway – score 100
- St. Louis Bread, 290 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 100
- St. Peters Golf Course, 200 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Subway, 631 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Taco Bell, 1630 Jungermann Road – score 96
- Taco Bell, 6082 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- The Window, 4008 North Service Road – score 88
- Throw Backs, 1042 Venture Drive – score 100
- Vette’s, 4203 North St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- Walgreen’s, 1305 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 909 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 3801 South Old HIghway 94 – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 499 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Walgreen’s, 530 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Wallis Petroleum, 1495 Kisker Road – score 100
- Wendy’s, 275 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – 96
- West of Hunan Restaurant, 630 Jungermann Road – score 86 (April 2), score 96 (April 17)
- Yogurt World, 6145 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100