The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of September 18 – 24, 2019.
- SSM St. Joseph Hospital, 500 Medical Drive – score 100
- Kids R Kids, 1020 Meyer Road – score 100
- Wentzville American Legion, 504 Luetkenhaus Boulevard – score 100
- La Lajas Mexican Store, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard 114 – score 98
- China Buffet, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard 124 – follow up
Hot water temp at Sushi hand sink over 100F.
3 comp sink repaired and no longer leaks.
This report is a follow up. Please post the current initial inspection.
- Steak N Shake, 1134 West Pearce Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- DLC Today, 1060 Meyer Road – score 94
Flies in kitchen to be eliminated
Non Contact surfaces on equipment such as refrigerator gaskets and walls and microwave inside to be cleaned to prevent build up.
Border behind 3 comp sink damaged and should be repaired or replaced. Prep table middle of kitchen is damaged on top surface. Should be repaired or covered.
- Jenny Craig Weight Loss Center, 7851 Highway N – score 100
- Wentzville Ice Arena, 910 Main Plaza Drive – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Circle K, 1001 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – follow up
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – All hand sinks remain unavailable for use in hand washing. Items removed at time of inspection.
Current inspection not posted.
- Growing Hills Academy, 8425 Mexico Road – score 100
- Made Today Cafe & Bakery, 107 O’Fallon Plaza – score 100
- Circle K, 2035 Highway K – score 100
- La Carreta Mexican Grocery Store, 316 O’Fallon Plaza – score 93
Need basic sanitation class
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Hand sink should remain clear and clean
- J. Confections, 2956 Highway K – score 100
- Playoffs Sports Bar & Grill, 2922 Highway K Ste. A – score 98
- Sugarfire Smoke House, 9955 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- 212 Club, 204 West Pitman St. Ste. G – score 100
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 905 Caledonia Drive – score 86
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no soap at handwash sink by dishwasher/cookline.
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed reach-in cooler below grill line at 55-58 deg F (burger at 58, chicken at 55, cooler thermometer read 48). All cold holding foods must be held at 41 deg or less. Discontinue using unit until it is repaired/replaced.
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed gap at the bottom of the exterior door.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on the grates in the upright cooler (across from the walkin by the dry storage), in the bucket where ice scoops are stored, can opener, microwave, edge of ice machine.
- Town Square Pub and Grub, 7843 Highway N – score 100
- Tony Glavin Soccer Complex, 2 Woodlands Parkway – score 100
- Stone Soup Cottage, 5809 Highway N – score 100
- Calvary Church Food Pantry, 3998 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Calvary Church, 3998 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Sodexo at Warren Elementary School, 141 Weiss Road – score 100
- The Babylon, 4744 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – 1. Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers in kitchen. This is a repeat violation. 2. Observed ice build up in freezers throughout the kitchen. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soiled bar cooler with standing water and soiled reach in cooler shelves.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed floors not smooth and easily cleanable in the kitchen and bar area.
- Waverly Forest Academy, 3545 Franks Drive – score 100
- Embassy Suites Cyprus Kitchen, 2 Convention Center Plaza – score 91
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN REACH IN COOLER AT OMELETTE STATION AT 52 DEGREES (CHEF CHRISTOPHER SAID THAT ALL FOOD IN THIS COOLER WILL BE THROWN AWAY)
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED OVEN SOILED. OBSERVED DUST PAN SOILED (CORRECTED ONSITE). OBSERVED GRILL DRAWER SOILED
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED LEAK AT BAR HANDSINK FAUCET
- Big A’s on the Riverfront, 308 North Main Street – score 98
- Chartwell’s at the City of St. Charles Early Childhood Center, 1301 Boones Lick Road – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at St. Cletus School, 2721 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Tuners on Main Street – score 130 South Main Street – score 89
OBSERVED PESTICIDE STORED IN KITCHEN ON FLOOR. OBSERVED ACCUMULATION OF SPIDER WEBS UNDER 3 COMPARTMENT SINK AND IN CORNER BY ICE MAKER.
OBSERVED DEAD PESTS NOT REMOVED FROM FACILITY
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED INSIDE OF REACH IN COOLER WITH DEBRIS ACCUMULATION. OBSERVED SHELVING BELOW PREP TABLE WITH DEBRIS ACCUMULATION AND SHELF/WALL POPCORN MACHINE SITS ON. OBSERVED SHELVING OVER 3 COMPARTMENT SINK AND FOOD PREP AREA WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS . OBSERVED INSIDE OF WALK IN COOLER WITH DEBRIS ACCUMULATION ON WALLS AND CEILING.
OBSERVED PHYSICAL FACILITY WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. AREAS INCLUDE FLOORS, WALLS, CEILINGS OF KITCHEN. OBSERVED AREA SURROUNDING ICE MAKER WITH ACCUMULATION ON FLOORS
OBSERVED FLOORS IN POOR REPAIR: BY WALK IN COOLER ENTRANCE AND REACH IN COOLER, BY ICE MAKER, AND IN FRONT OF HANDSINK.
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries, 1520 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Pedestal Foods at Lindenwood Chick-Fil-A, 209 South Kingshighway – score 98
- Chartwell’s at Coverdell Elementary, 2475 West Randolph Street – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Null Elementary, 435 Yale Boulevard – score 100
- Aramark at Boeing 598, 2600 Highway 94 N – score 100
- China House Buffet, 1325 Bass Pro Drive – score 90
PHF?s not held at 135° or above 5(pnt) – OBSERVED SOME OF THE HOT HOLDING ITEMS AT BUFFET LINE AT 113 DEGREES. FOOD PANS WERE REPLACE WITH DEEPER PANS TO REACH THE HEATING SOURCE. CHECKED TEMPERATURES AGAIN AND END OF INSPECTION AND TEMPERATURES WERE CORRECTED TO 147 DEGREES
Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED TIME AS A CONTROL NOT BEING MAINTAINED FOR SUSHI RICE AND SUSHI ROLLS
- Big Richard’s Hot Dogs, 1502 Elm Street – score 100
- Chartwell’s at Harris Elementary, 2800 Old Muegge Road – score 100
- Pio’s Restaurant and Lounge, 401 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Steak N Shake, 2221 First Capitol Drive – score 91
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – OBSERVED PERSON IN CHARGE WITHOUT A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION. SERV SAFE CERTIFIED PERSON IN CHARGE MUST BE ON DUTY TO COVER ALL SHIFTS OF THE OPERATION
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED PREP COOLER SHELVING AND BOTTOM OF UNIT SOILED. OBSERVED BOTTOM OF DISH CONTAINER SOILED. OBSERVED TRASH ON THE GROUND ON PARKING LOT NEAR TRASH DUMPSTER
- St. Joseph Hospital, 300 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Wasabi Sushi Bar, 1650 Beale Street – score 93
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO PAPER TOWELS AT 2 OUT OF 3 HANDSINKS (CORRECTED ONSITE)
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERED MICROWAVE SOILED, OBSERVED FAN BLADES HEAVILY SOILED IN BACK KITCHEN FOOD PREP AREA, OBSERVED BACK OF KITCHEN PREP COOLER SOILED ON TOP SHELF
- Sodexo at Fairmount Elementary, 1725 Thoele Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from July 2019
- QuikTrip, 3847 McClay Road – score 100
- QuikTrip, 391 North Main Street – score 100
- QuikTrip, 4646 South St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Red Lobster, 4101 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Red Robin, 317 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Reis & Irvy’s, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Ste T-130A – score 100
- Rosy’s Cakes and Paco’s Tacos, 6240 Mexico Road – score 100
- Sacred Groundz, 39 Clarksburg Court – score 100
- Savor the Southwest Food Truck, 9 Cimmaron Drive – score 100
- Schnuck’s bakery and chef express, 577 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – both scored 100
- Schnuck’s deli and seafood, 577 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – both scored 96
- Schnuck’s bakery, deli, seafood, 48 Plaza 94 Drive – all scored 100
- Schnuck’s, 100 Jungermann Road – score 95 (July 11), score 91 (July 25)
- Schwan’s Home Service, 115 West College Drive – score 100
- Seniors & Company Adult Day Services, 115 Piper Hill Drive Ste. 100 – score 100
- Silver Moon Saloon, 14 Harvester Square – score 100
- Sonic Drive-In, 651 Salt Lick Road – score 94
- Spencer Place Assisted Living, 265 Spencer Road – score 98
- Starbuck’s Coffee, 6187 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- StLouisianaQ, 10202 Village Drive East – score 100
- Subway, 947 Jungermann Road – score 95
- Subway, 3899 Veterans Memorial Parkway Ste. G – score 98
- Subway, 4644 South St. Peters Parkway – score 98
- Syberg’s, 5856 Suemandy Drive – score 93
- Taco Bell, 159 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Thoele Mid Rivers Z-X, 403 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Tikiz Shaved Ice & Ice Cream, 10030 Aldred Drive – score 100
- Vasaio Atelier, 357 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Walmart Bakery and meat, 45 Sutters Mill Road – both scored 100
- Walmart deli and refrigerated items, 45 Sutters Mill Road – both scored 98
- Walmart bakery, deli, refrigerated items, meat, and convenience store, 3301 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – all scored 100