The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, October 31 – November 6, 2018.
- American Food & Vending, 1500 Highway A – score 91
Observed roaches in grease trap. Grease trap is not secure as it is not sealed and has observable gaps which can allow pests entry into kitchen. Gnats also observed at storage below hot hold service area at service line.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Equipment tops and surfaces in need of cleaning to prevent build up. Also dispenser nozzles for soda and tea machines in need of cleaning. Observed ceiling at vents and floors in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
Discussed proper hand washing when changing gloves and glove usage. Discussed hot hold foods and temperature control vs time control. Discussed all food related items to be stored 6 inches off floor. Discussed general clutter in service area storage.
- Hotshots Sports Bar & Grill, 49 Wentzville Bluffs Drive – score 100
- Wentzville Green Lantern, 506 South Linn Avenue – score 100
- Los Portales, 503 West Pearce Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- Applebee’s, 1987 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Bear Creek Golf Club, 158 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
- Hope Closet Ministries Food Pantry, 9 Love Park Lane – score 100
- Lullaby Inn, 1652 West Meyer Road – score 100
- Petromart concession and retail, 40 Wentzville Parkway – both scored 100
- Panda Express, 1985 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Dollar General, 4689 Highway Z – score 100
- Wendy’s, 9701 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Subway, 619 North Main Street – score 100
- White Castle, 2212 Highway K – score 96
Containers storing foods that are not readily and unmistakably recognized not labeled 2(pnt) – Observed food items in containers not containing a date marking or label in the walk in cooler or reach in cooler.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed floors underneath the fryers containing excessive grease and build up. Recommending increasing frequency of cleaning behind the fryers due to use.
- Burkemper’s Family Restaurant, 512 Sonderen Street – score 81
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed eggs sitting on the counter reading 71F. These were discarded immediately by the manager. Eggs should maintain a temperature of 41 degrees or below.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed cooked and prepared food items as well as items out of their original container containing no date marking or label in all of the reach in coolers in the kitchen.
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt) – Observed sanitizer strength in bucket in the kitchen at 200 PPM+ Chlorine strength.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed gaskets heavily soiled and dirty on the stand up freezer located in the service area that should be replaced.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed the outer barrier of the ice machine containing built up residue. This should be cleaned regularly to avoid build up. This is a repeat violation. Observed dirty shelving/ tables with built up food residue containing clean plates. These should be cleaned regularly. All plates containing the dirty residue should be cleaned immediately. Observed soda nozzles in the service area containing a dark residue on the inside. These should be cleaned regularly. Observed the inner/upper portion of the microwave containing excessive food debris. Clean regularly.
- Dunkin Donuts, 1220 Highway K – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt)
Observed gaskets dirty and torn on reach in coolers located in the front. These should be regularly cleaned and properly constructed.
Observed no 2018 Food Establishment License posted. If facility does not receive inspection license they should contact regional or district office to obtain the license. This is required to be posted in the facility.
- Burger King, 2882 Highway K – score 94
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soda nozzles in the lobby to have build up around the nozzle. This should be cleaned regularly. This is a repeat violation. Observed shelving in the back area near the three compartment sink holding having built up food debris and holding clean containers. All shelving holding clean items should be clean. Items on the shelves should be washed again.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed flooring under the fryers and throughout the establishment to have built up grease. These should be cleaned regularly to avoid build up. This is a repeat violation.
Observed mop sink with excessive food debris. This should be cleaned regularly
Observed no 2018 license posted. All establishments are required to post their permit in a conspicuous place. This is a repeat violation – establishment has been notified during the entire 2018 calendar year.
- Firehouse Subs, 104 Laura K Drive – score 98
- Subway, 119 O’Fallon Commons Drive – score 94
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager on site. All certificates expired.
Observed mops stored in the sink. Mops should be hung up to dry when not in use.
Insufficient lighting 2(pnt) – Observed insufficient lighting in the walk in cooler. Light intensity should be at least 108 lux at a distance of 75 cm (30 inches) above the floor in walk in refrigerator units.
- Bandana’s BBQ, 3446 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 98
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 112 Laura K Drive – score 100
- Don Emiliano’s, 8600 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Walmart deli, 1307 Highway K – score 98
- Assisted Living at the Meadowlands, 135 Meadowlands Estates Lane – score 100
- Russo Catering, 5535 Highway N – score 98
- Piazza Messina – Bar, 5535 Highway N – score 100
- Knights of Columbus Banquet Center, 5701 Highway N – score 88
Warewashing facilities not in compliance; Toilet facilities not in compliance
- Plank Road Pizza, 5212 Highway N – score 100
- Tashman Deli, 1517 Cottleville Parkway Ste. 101 – score 100
- Arrow Senior Living at The Boulevard, 3330 Ehlmann Road – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – All potentially hazardous and ready to eat foods in storage are to be date marked with used or disposed after no more than 7 days after prepared or removed from opening.
Discussed nothing to be stored under waste lines. Discussed storage of personal items.
- Grace Gospel Temple Church Kitchen, 2407 Droste Road – score 100
- Dollar General, 2871 Highway 94 N – score 100
- PF Changs China Bistro, 400 Lombard Street – follow up, in compliance
- Subway, 2230 North Third Street – score 96
Observed Servsafe management certification has expired. Observed dust accumulation on ceiling tiles and on air vent over bread oven in front of the house location.
- Leo’s Pub and Grill, 2198 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Fastjax, 3052 North Highway 94 – score 100
- West Alton Bar & Grill, 14005 North Highway 94 – score 98
- Health on Main, 809 South Main Street – score 100
- Dairy Queen, 301 Little Hills Expressway – score 98
- Fast Food Pantry, 1806 Boones Lick Road – score 100
- Mr Thirsty’s Bar & Grill, 324 North Main Street – score 98
- St. Louis Bread Company, 2079 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Sushi Ai, 2009 Zumbehl Road – score 94
Wood shelves not sealed or painted 2(pnt) – Observed wood shelving not sealed or painted.Observed rust accumulation on shelving in walk in cooler.
Observed lighting insufficient in kitchen. Minimum requirement is 50 foot candles in food prep and cooking areas.
- Midtowne Market deli, 317 Hawthorne Avenue – score 98
- Fratelli’s Ristorante, 2061 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- McAlister’s Deli, 8670 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Magpie’s, 903 South Main Street – score 91
Observed inconsistency in date marking system. Will follow up Friday 11/09/18 to verify a consistent date system in place and compliance.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed drip in plumbing to 3 compartment sink in lower level of kitchen. Standing water observed on floor under sink.
Observed food and debris accumulation in lower level of kitchen. Observed accumulation on floors, walls, and ceilings. Clean areas at increased frequency. Other areas include behind cooking equipment and floors under equipment and in between equipment.
- Shirley’s Restaurant and Bar, 3065 North Highway 94 – score 94
Observed accumulation of grease and debris behind cooking equipment. Observed hood filters with accumulation of grease and debris. Observed hood requiring professional cleaning service. Scheduled to be completed monday 11/12.
Observed damage to wall under 3 compartment sink. Observed floor tile in bar area in poor repair.
Observed unnecessary items stored around handsink in kitchen. Observed insufficient light intensity in handsink location. Intensity required to be 20 foot candles minimum.
- Oakhaven Montessori School, 7267 Highway N – score 100
- Hog’s Haus Sports Bar and Grill, 810 O’Fallon Road – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED. OBSERVED CEILING VENTS SOILED.
- Jack in the Box, 6000 South Highway 94 – score 91
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – OBSERVED HANDSINK WITH CLEANING TOOLS IN BASIN
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED HOT HOLDING UNIT SHELVING SOILED. OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED, OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED IN DRY STORAGE AREA AND FRONT OF HOUSE
- QuikTrip retail, 5905 South Highway 94 – score 100
- QuikTrip concession, 5905 South Highway 94 – score 95
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED SANITIZER READING 0PPM FOR QUAT
- Centerpointe Hospital, 4801 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 100
- China King, 1025 Wolfrum Road – score 90
Handwashing signage 2(pnt) – OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SIGN AT HAND SINK IN THE KITCHEN
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – OBSERVED GAP AT THRESHOLD AT BACK DOOR. BACK DOOR NEEDS THRESHOLD TO PREVENT PEST ENTRY
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – OBSERVED FOOD STORED ON THE FLOOR IN WALK IN COOLER . FOODS NEED TO STORED 6 INCHES OFF OFF THE FLOOR
Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED BAKING RACKS STORE ON THE FLOOR
Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED EMPLOYEES ITEMS STORED ABOVE BAKING RACKS
- Breeze Park, 600 Breeze Park Drive – score 100
- Halcyon Days at Ebenezer UCC, 5541 Walnut Street – score 100
- St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 150 Defiance Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from September 2018:
- Developmental Learning Center, 3011 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Dierberg’s bakery, deli, salad bar, seafood, 217 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Discount Liquor and Smoke, 533 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Discovery Kids Inc, 2451 Willott Road – score 100
- Dunkin Donuts, 7343 Mexico Road – score 89
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 7139 Mexico Road – score 100
- Fastlane, 1425 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Gametime Sports, 4160 Ehlmann Road – score 94
- Gettemeier’s, 269 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Goddard School, 1402 Gettysburg Landing – score 100
- Great American Cookies, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1242 – score 98
- Hardee’s, 501 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 94
- Hobo’s at the Legion, 200 Main Street – score 100
- IHOP, 3850 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Imo’s Pizza, 4157 North St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- Indie Eatery, 7827 Mexico Road – score 100
- Jelly Bean Island Learning Academy, 6810 Mexico Road – score 100
- Jenner’s Kids Daycare, 1346 Dingledine Road – score 100
- Kidstreet St. Peters, 2300 Willott Road – score 93 (September 13), score 95 ( September 24)
- Kinder Care Learning Center, 4150 S Cloverleaf Drive – score 100
- Kokomo Joe’s, 4105 N Cloverleaf Drive – score 100
- Les Bon Temps, 1211 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Lion’s Choice, 3807 Veterans Memorial Parkwy – score 100
- Little Caesar’s, 36 Harvester Square Ste. B – score 96
- Living Word Christian School, 1614 Willott Road – score 100
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 3300 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98