The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, November 28 – December 4, 2018.
- Little Caesar’s Pizza, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard Ste. 104 – score 95
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Rear hand sink should be maintained and used only as hand sink.
- TMS, 100 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 100
- Lullaby Inn, 1652 West Meyer Road – score 100
- DLC Today, 1060 Meyer Road – follow up, in compliance
- Playtime Party Center, 105 Highway A – score 100
- Duke’s BBQ Shack, 100 Ash Street – score 100
- Bob Evans, 3001 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 504 West Pearce Boulevard – score 90
Need serve safe employee and basic sanitation certified person on duty at all times.
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Both hand sinks should be used only as hand sinks and remain available for employees to wash hands.
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Food contact surfaces should be washed , rinsed and sanitized before use with approved chemical agents.
- Burger King at Walmart, 1971 Wentzville Parkway – score 98
- Show-Me’s, 2509 Highway K – score 96
Observed surfaces of cutting boards with excessive scratching. These should be resurfaced so that they are easily cleanable.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving in the back area by the dishwasher having built up food residue. These should be washed and maintained regularly.
Previous violations have been corrected including no food items observed past their 7 day marking, ice machine has been cleaned, and food underneath the grills and fryers has been cleaned up.In addition, establishment employee on staff had a Food Manager Certificate.
- Texas Roadhouse, 1600 Mexico Loop Road W – score 98
- Garden Villas of O’Fallon, 7092 South Outer 364 – score 100
- Krisna Veni Foods, 943 Waterbury Falls Drive – score 98
- Tap House Pub & Patio, 9015 Veterans Memorial Parkway – follow up
Establishment has provided paper towels and soap at both hand sinks and the food is properly labeled and dated with none exceeding 7 day marking.
Establishment will need to correct gaskets and leak by next inspection.
- Abbey Senior Health, 206 North Main Street – score 100
- El Tio Pepe Mexican Restaurant, 315 West Terra Lane – score 98
- Fastlane, 1001 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 98
- Thoele Convenience Store, 4425 Highway 79 – score 95
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt)
Observed sanitizer in spray bottle too strong with a 500 + PPM Quat reading. This was corrected on spot by the manager on site.
- Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, 3023 Highway K – score 93
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager on site.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers located in the food preparation area.
- The Brass Rail, 4601 Highway K – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on all of the reach in coolers located in the kitchen.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed a dark build up on the inner rim of the ice machine. This piece of equipment should be cleaned regularly.
Previous violations have been corrected including no flies in the kitchen, observed no employees with long facial hair in the food preparation area, and no damaged areas in the kitchen.
- Red Robin, 7821 Highway N – score 100
- Barathaven Alzheimers Care Center, 1030 Barathaven Boulevard – score 100
- Arena stands, suites, club, catering kitchen and warehouse, 2002 Arena Parkway – all scored 100
- Just 4 Us, 1579 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- China King Buffet, 3743 Elm Street – score 96
Observed foods being stored in #10 cans after being opened. Once opened, relocate to food grade container.
Observed hood system in need of cleaning
Observed grease/food accumulation on sides of fryer and wok line (where two pieces of equipment meet). Increase cleaning frequency of floors surrounding fryers and on equipment.
- Dewey’s Pizza, 1520 South Fifth Street – score 96
Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed unwrapped straws located at the bar. This is a repeat violation.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the reach in cooler for the salad station.
- St. Charles Convention main kitchen, 1 Convention Center Plaza – score 100
- Chartwell’s at St. Charles Senior High West, 3601 Droste Road – follow up, in compliance
- The Learning Safari, 1505 Caulks Hill Road – score 98
- Boys & Birls Club of St. Charles County, 1211 Lindenwood Avenue – score 100
- El Rancho Nuevo, 1644 Country Club Plaza Drive – follow up, in compliance
- St. Charles Elks Lodge 690, 560 St. Peters Howell Road – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN REACH IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS
- JJ’s Bar & Grill, 1215 South Duchesne Drive – score 100
- La Guadalupana, 311 Droste Road – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS IN DISPLAY CASE
- Quintessential on the River, 6257 Highway V – score 100
- T.A. Tequila, 2641 Muegge Road – score 100
- Crazy Bowls and Wraps, 1980 West Clay Street – score 100
- American Legion Post #262, Hackmann Road – score 100
- Boone Valley Golf Club, 1319 Schluersburg Road – score 100
- MPW, 5634 High Street – score 100
- Ashley’s Rose, Augusta White House, 5567 Walnut Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from October 2018:
- El Mezon Authentic Mexican Restaurant, 140 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Field Box, 4 Main Street – score 96
- Fit4Me Foods, 6219 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- FZE High School Activities Booster Club, 600 First Executive Avenue – score 100
- Hall and Property Board Professional FF, 115 McMenamy Road – score 94
- Harvester Dairy Queen, 1450 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Hickory Farms, 1600 Mid Rives Mall Drive – score 100
- Hooters, 4061 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Imo’s, 312 Jungermann Road – score 86 (Oct. 18), score 94 (Oct. 30)
- Jack in the Box, 4124 Mexico Road – score 98
- Jack in the Box, 299 Salt Lick Road Ste. 100 – score 86
- Jimmy John’s, 4865 Mexico Road – score 100
- Kidstreet St. Peters, 2300 Willott Road – score 100
- Lil Mickey’s Memphis Barbecue, 1020 Cave Springs Boulevard – score 100
- Litle Caesar’s, 4879 Mexico Road – score 98
- Longhorn Steak House, 3979 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Main Street Diner, 315 Main Street – score 98
- McClay Adult Day Care, 3821 McClay Road – score 98
- McDonald’s, 3883 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 89
- Misty Nights Bar and Grill, 4241 North St. Peters Parkway – score 91
- Old Hickory, 1 Dye Club Road – score 98
- Orlando’s Produce, 7875 Mexico Road – score 94