The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of May 22 – 28, 2019.
- Wentzville Aquatic Center Concessions, 1141 Peine Road – score 100
- Progress Pool Concession, 968 Meyer Road – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Sushi Sen, 161 Civic Center Drive – score 100
- Donatelli’s Bistro, 8653 Highway N – score 100
- Staybridge Suites, 1155 Technology Drive – score 100
- P&R Lounge, 500 North Main Street – score 85
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Items such as utensils, soda dispenser and to be washed, rinsed and sanitized and properly dried before use. Foods to be disposed of when expired. Expired foods to be disposed of immediately and not used.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Men’s urinal plumbing leaking onto floor.
If grilling out back, grill should be covered and foods protected with appropriate cooking temperatures reached and hot holding temperatures held.
- Winghaven Country Club Pool Food, 7777 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- The Landing of O’Fallon, 1000 Landing Circle – score 100
- Cottleville Cookies and Cream, 5525 Oak Street – score 100
- St. Joseph Hospital St. Charles, 300 First Capitol Drive – score 95
Observed high temp dish machine not reaching utensil surface temps to minimum 160F. Tested with Thermoworks DishTemp to 134.3 F and heat test strips used without being activated, indicated 160F surface temp. Discontinue use until corrected.
- St. Joseph Hospital St. Charles, 300 First Capitol Drive – follow up, violation corrected
- First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site, 200 South Main Street – score 100
- Massa’s Italian Grill, 3761 New Town Boulevard – score 96
Torn curtains or leaky door seals on machines 2(pnt) – Observed gaskets on multiple cold holding units in poor repair. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed wall by dishmachine with accumulation of black debris. Observed walk in cooler shelving with accumulation of food debris. Some shelving also showing signs of rust development. Clean areas at an increased frequency to prevent accumulation.
- Mission Taco Joint, 1650 Beale Street – score 95
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED BAR DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE AT 0PPM
- Pio’s Restaurant and Lounge, 401 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Hampton Inn, 3720 West Clay – score 100
- Bogey Hills Country Club Concession, 1120 Country Club Road – score 100
- Super 8 Motel, 987 West Terra Lane – score 100
- Bright Start Academy, 157 Hughes Lane – score 100
- All in Bait & Tackle, 2360 Highway D – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1151 South Duchesne Drive – score 88
Found multiple time/temperature control for safety (potentially hazardous) foods that are not kept at 41 Fahrenheit or lower. These items were observed in a 3 door True reach in cooler. Internal cooler thermometer indicated temperature of 60 Fahrenheit. Items found in violation include prepared refried beans at 60 degrees Fahrenheit, cooked pork at 57 degrees Fahrenheit, and cooked chicken at 62 degrees Fahrenheit. Items to be removed from use and discarded. Discontinue use of 3 door True reach in cooler until equipment can maintain temperatures of items 41 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
Observed hole in wall under 2 compartment sink next to dishwasher. Observed standing water under 2 compartment sink next to dishwasher. Observed debris under dry shelving. Observed solid grease around inlet to grease trap.
Observed previous inspection not posted for public viewing.
- Embassy Suites Cyprus Kitchen main, 2 Convention Center Plaza – score 90
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed milk at 52 degrees in milk cooler. (All Milk was thrown away by manager)
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed foods in reach in cooler and walk in cooler without 7 day date markings
- Panda Express, 2911 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from March 2019
- ABC Daycare & Learning Center, 4621 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- ACE Sushi, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Anthony’s Produce, 701 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Arabica Coffee, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 9016 – score 100
- Arby’s, 225 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – scorer 93
- Aunt B’s at Menards, 151 Spencer road – score 100
- Baked!, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1242 – score 100
- Barnes & Noble, 320 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Barnes Jewish St. Peters Hospital, 10 Hospital Drive – score 94
- Beer Sauce, 318 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Bento Sushi Bar at Dierbergs, 6211 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 93 (March 7), score 98 (March 18)
- Bento Sushi Bar at Dierbergs, 217 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Bowlero, 8070 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98