The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of July 17 – 23, 2019.
- The Tattooed Dog, 11 Wentzville Bluffs – score 100
- Wentzville Pizza Ranch, 1225 Wentzville Parkway – score 100 (opening)
- Cecil Whittaker’s Pizza, 1155 Wentzville Parkway – score 76
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Also no hot water at rear hand sink. Hot water should work at hand sinks.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed ice machine in need of cleaning.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Plumbing leaking below 3 comp sink and hand sinks and prep sink dripping. Water is also turned off at prep sink. This plumbing should work.
Unapproved sewage system 5(pnt) – Observed grease on ground in the soil rear of facility. This is to be cleaned up immediately and grease is only to be conveyed through approved grease trap.
Observed ceiling over food prep in need of cleaning
Current inspection not posted
Failure to abate these noted violations will result in revocation or suspension of food license
- Chick-Fil-A, 1918 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 1991 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Waffle House, 1131 West Pearce Boulevard – follow up, violation abated
- Bento Sushi Bar at Dierberg’s, 1820 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Wentzville One Stop Shop, 401 East Pearce Boulevard – score 91
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt)
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Several gaskets in need of replacement due to damage.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Inside of walk in refrigerator and inside of ice machine in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Stone Summit Steak and Seafood, 17 Cliff View Drive – score 100
- Barathaven Alzheimers Care Center, 1030 Barathaven Boulevard – score 100
- Red Robin, 7821 Highway N – scorer 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 8760 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
Store has obtained a Manager Certification, but is still missing Basic Certification for those on duty. Observed no one with a Basic Food Training Certification. At least one MANAGER (on or off duty) shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety and all other MANAGER(S) shall have attended the Department’s Basic Food Safety Certification (or a pre-approved substitution).
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving with sticky food residue located on shelving above the three compartment sink. This is a repeat violation.
Observed leak coming from the ceiling/ air conditioning unit located in the back area of the store. Repair leak and clean any accumulation of water immediately from dripping.
- The Christy, 9000 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Pho-Happy Wok, 2942 Highway K – score 98
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, 2675 Highway K – score 98
- SNS Goodies, 55 Blue Brook Court – score 100 (opening)
- Crazy Bowls & Wraps, 2119 Highway K – score 96
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed outer opening coming through the back door. Replace weather strip to secure back door.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of sticky food residue on shelving located next to tall warmer in dry goods storage.
- Renaud Spirit Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle – score 100
- McDonald’s, 2144 West Terra Lane – follow up, violation abated
- Walnut Grill, 4401 Highway K – score 96
- Don Emiliano’s, 8600 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- The Egg & I, 991 Waterbury Falls Drive – score 100
- Chick-Fil-A, 2106 Highway K – score 98
- Stefanina’s Pizzeria & Restaurant, 8645 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 91
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed items in the reach in cooler located on the line past expiration date or missing dates. Items past expiration date were immediately thrown away by the manager. Corrected on site.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – (1) Observed ice machine with dark build up on the inner barrier of the ice machine. Clean regularly. Corrected on site. (2) Observed soiled shelving in the bar reach in cooler.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed flooring with peeling areas. Floors must be smooth an easily cleanable.
- Great American Progress Point, 1 Progress Point Parkway – score 100
- Cupcake Amore, 2443 Highway K – score 100
- Mike’s Grill and Tap, 2447 Highway K – score 94
Observed significant amount of flies in the kitchen. Use proper control methods to reduce fly abundance.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – (1) Observed torn gasket on walk in cooler located in the kitchen. Observed gaskets throughout the kitchen with potential mold growth and/or excessive accumulation of food debris. (2) Observed leak inside of the walk in cooler, creating an accumulation of water on the floor. Do not store food items below the leak. (3) Observed leak at the bar reach in cooler. (4) Observed build up of ice in the stand up reach in freezer.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed excessive accumulation of grease on vent hoods in grill area.
- The Dinner Bell, 475 Miralago Shore Drive – follow up, in compliance
- RT Weiler’s, 201 North Main Street – score 96
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed gaskets damaged on most reach in coolers and on walk in cooler.
Observed grease accumulation surrounding floors under fryers. Clean areas at increased frequency to prevent buildup.
Observed floor tile damaged. Scheduled to be repaired.
- China King Buffet, 3743 Elm Street – follow up, in compliance
- Pieology Pizzeria, 1405 Beale Street – score 100
- Rally’s, 826 First Capitol Drive – score 93
OBSERVED FLIES IN BACK OF KITCHEN. OBSERVED TRASH CAN NOT COVERED WHEN NOT IN CONTINUOUS USE
Please keep both hand sinks in the kitchen. One is for the convenience of the dishwasher and the other for the cooks line and drink station.
- St. Charles 18 Cine, 1830 South First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Asia, Deli level 2 Queen Service Bar 1, Star Club, Pearls Oyster Bar, Production Kitchen, TDR, Amerisports Bar & Kitchen, Landmark Buffet, Conference Center – Ameristar, Ameristar Boulevard – all scored 100
- Falcon Diner, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 98
- Bugatti’s Ameristar Casino, 1 Ameristar Boulevard – score 98
- St. Charles Convention Center Main Kitchen, 1 Convention Center Plaza – score 100
- Crooked Tree Coffee House, 559 First Capitol Drive – score 95
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE AT 0 PPM
- Crooked Tree Coffee House, 559 First Capitol Drive – follow up, violation corrected
- Centerfields Convenience Store, 3150 Highway T – score 100
- Applebee’s, 2921 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- The Corner Bar & Grill, 571 First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Fratelli’s Ristorante, 2061 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Sushi Ai, 2009 Zumbehl Road – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE MACHINE INSIDE SHELF SOILED. OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELF AND PIPE ABOVE FOOD SOILED. OBSERVED CAN OPENER SOILED
- McDonald’s, 1890 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Dairy Queen, 777 Independence Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from May 2019
- 101 Aisan Cuisine, 6132 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- ALDI, 343 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- ALDI, 1665 Jungermann Road – scorer 100
- Arabica Coffee, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 9016 – score 100
- Aro-Mart, 3755 Highway 94 South – score 100
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Que, 4155 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Bridgeton Masonic Lodge, 414 South Church Street – score 100
- Cave Springs Lanes, 4055 Mexico Road – score 98
- Chick-Fil-A, 6180 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Child of God Lutheran School, 650 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Chili’s Grill & Bar, 101 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 96
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 4135 N Cloverleaf Drive – score 98
- China King, 2967 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- China King, 919 Jungermann Road – score 92
- Cork & Barrel Chop House and Spirits, 7337 Mexico Road – score 93 (May 3), score 98 (May 17)
- Country Club Express Wash, 6280 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Deja Vu Hookah Bar & Lounge, 86 Spencer Road – score 100
- Developmental Learning Center, 3011 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Dierberg’s bakery, deli, salad bar, seafood, 217 Salt Lick Road – all scored 100
- Discovery Kids, 2451 Willott Road – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 7139 Mexico Road – score 100
- Erio’s Ristorante, 951 Jungermann Road – score 100
- The Finish Line, 5200 Mexico Road – score 98
- First Assembly Church, 4750 North Service Road – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt Early Childhood Center, 7898 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt East High School, 600 First Executive Avenue – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt South High School, 8050 Mexico Road – score 100
- Francesco’s Italian Restaurant, 429 South Church Street – score 90