The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, October 24 – 30, 2018.
- Parkway Academy, Developmental Learning Center, 1060 Meyer Road – follow up, in compliance
- Future Stars Academy, 411 West Pearce Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 1075 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Domino’s Pizza, 146 Pond Fort Trail – score 93
Permit not posted; last inspection report not posted
- Learning Lodge West, 5101 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Jimmy John’s, 6299 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- QuikTrip retail, 8334 Highway N – score 95
Thermometers for dishmachine not working, please use 3 compartment sink instead
- QuikTrip concession, 8334 Highway N – score 93
Thermometer for dishmachine hot water check not working, Use 3 compartment sink with chemical sanitation till thermometer fixed.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – interior of cooling unit dirty
- Hope Montessori Educational Inst., 1799 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Lakeside Bar and Grill, 100 Cognac Court – score 100
- LSL Hospitality, DBA Prados, 21 Meadows Circle – score 100
- Good Day Cafe, 2924 Highway K – follow up, in compliance
- Cornerstone U.M. Church Food Pantry, 1151 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 100
- Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 1151 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 95
No hot water at Handwash sink (at least 100° F) 5(pnt). One of the 3 Sinks has been set up as a hand wash station after sanitizing
- Hope Ministries & Pantry, 206 East Elm Street – score 100
- Food Service Consultants at Assumption School, 203 West Third Street – score 100
- McDonald’s, 1001 North Main Street – score 94
Wiping cloths not stored in sanitizer 2(pnt) – Observed wiping cloths not stored inside sanitizer buckets. These should be stored inside when they are not in use. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed microwave ovens in the cooking area with built up food debris on the inner/upper portions inside. These should be cleaned regularly.
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed trash/boxes piled up by the back door of the facility. These items should be tossed out regularly to avoid build up.
- QuikTrip, 955 Bryan Road – score 100
- The Pasta House, 2558 Highway K – score 92
Observed lids not in-use to protect food items on display on the cooks line, salad area, and server station. Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the cook line including the salad bar and ravioli. All gaskets in the cook line should be replaced or deep cleaned.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed excessive food debris in the inner/upper portion of the microwaves on the cook line. These should be cleaned regularly by staff to avoid contamination of food items. Observed mold like substance around the caulking of the three compartment sink area. This is a repeat violation.
Observed ceiling vents over the food preparation area covered with dust. This is a repeat violation.
Observed personal items being stored in the same reach in cooler as other food items ready for consumption with the public.
- C Rallo Meat Market, 1302 Sunburst Drive – score 98
- Attentive Adult Day Center, 822 West Terra Lane – score 100
- Trigg Banquet Center, 300 O’Fallon Plaza – follow up, in compliance
- St. Barnabas/Vincent DePaul Food Pantry, 1400 North Main Street – score 100
- St. Barnabas church, 1400 North Main Street – score 100
- Assumption Church Food Pantry, 403 North Main Street – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt West High School DECA Jungle Cafe, 840 Lone Star Drive – scorer 100
- Thai Jasmine Restaurant, 2019 Highway K – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed items in the walk in cooler out of their original container with no label or date. Also observed cooked food items with no label or date. Manager corrected these items on site.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving with built up food debris storing clean plates in the kitchen. Shelves should be wiped down regularly.
During the previous inspection it was understood that the establishment would use Time Control for their sushi. The establishment has changed to the method of making the rice, cooling it, and keeping it stored in a reach in cooler at the sushi station. The rice is used for made-to-order sushi at the restaurant. As long as the TCF food is not in temperature danger zone, no action is needed.
- Two Shamrocks Public House, 3449 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 98
- Wendy’s, 4210 Highway K – score 98
- Lighthouse United Pentecostal Church, 835 West Terra Lane – score 98
- Food Service Consultants at St. Paul School, 1235 Church Road – follow up, in compliance
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, 6031 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Vanbuskirk Artisanal, 5326 Highway N – score 92
OBSERVED PERSON IN CHARGE WITHOUT BASIC SANITATION COURSE
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE MACHINE SOILED
SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED UNWRAPPED STRAWS AT BAR. LIP CONTACT SURFACES FOR CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE PROTECTED WITH WRAPPER FOR STRAWS
OBSERVED MOPS NOT HUNG UP TO AIR DRY
- Gas N Shop, 3601 Harry S Truman Boulevard – score 96
Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – Utensils / equipment to be stored clean. Cleaned in between uses. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed equipment tops soiled and in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Grand Opera House Banquet Center, 311 North Main Street – score 100
- Talayna’s World Class Pizza, 340 North Main Street – score 96
Observed two make tables not operational. Food being stored in walk in cooler. Ice baths used as needed and temperatures monitored. Make tables to be repaired or replaced.
Observed hood with accumulation of grease. Must be cleaned at increased frequency. Observed accumulation of food debris on equipment, including outside fryer. Observed grease and debris accumulation on speed rack located on top of pizza oven.
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, 1501 Beale Street – score 98
- Chinatown Express, 2205 First Capitol Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Trailhead Brewing, 921 Riverside Drive – score 98
- Culpepper’s, 3010 West Clay Street – score 88
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Hand sink at far end of bar not functional ad hand sink.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leaking plumbing at 3 comp sink and dish machine. Observed clogged plumbing at kitchen soda dispenser resulting in waste water on floor strong odor.
Observed floors and many high surfaces in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Quintessential on the River, 6257 Highway V – score 100
- Our Savior Lutheran Church, 2800 Elm Street – score 100
- Little Treasures Academy, 1524 Heritage Landing – score 100
- Concetta’s Italian Restaurant, 600 South Fifth Street – follow up, in compliance
- St. Charles County Department of Corrections, 301 North Second Street – score 100
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, 2412 West Clay Street – score 96
Observed steamer leaking water, front reach in accumulating water on right lower compartment and refrigeration unit beneath grill leaking accumulated water.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed gaskets to refrigerators and surfaces around gaskets in need of cleaning to prevent build up. Air intake vents to be cleaned.
- Caregivers Inn, 1297 Feise Road – score 100
- Persimmon Wood Golf Club, 6401 Weldon Spring Road – score 98
- Cecil Whittaker’s Pizza, 1017 Wolfrum Road – follow up, in compliance
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from September 2018:
- Candy City, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 2064 – score 100
- Cave Springs Lanes, 4055 Mexico Road – score 98
- Chicken Coop, 449 South Church Street – score 100
- Chick-Fil-A, 6180 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Children’s Edu-Care Center/Academy, 100 Vantage Drive – score 100
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 4135 North Cloverleaf Drive – score 98
- China King, 2967 North St. Peters Parkway – scorer 100
- China Wok 88 Restaurant, 309 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Crazy Sushi, 3348 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100