The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of December 15 – 21, 2020. Comments in boxes are quoted from inspection forms.
- St. John’s United Church of Christ, 60 Saint Johannes Lane – score 100
- T&D Tavern, 3152 Highway T – score 93
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Dishes not to be washed or stored in hand sink
Walk In Refrigerator cooling unit is draining water into a bucket for manual dumping. Waste water should be drained to sewer line.
- Lava Lounge, 107 South Linn Avenue – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Chapel of the Lake, 11000 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Penn Station, 337 Winding Woods Drive – score 96
OBSERVED STANDING WATER IN THE BOTTOM OF REACH IN COOLER
OBSERVED FLOORING SOILED THROUGHOUT ESTABLISHMENT AND UNDER EQUIPMENT
OBSERVED WALL SOILED ABOVE PREP SINK
- Assumption Church Food Pantry, 415 North Main Street – score 100
- O’Fallon Elks #2587, 1163 Tom Ginnever Avenue – score 100
- Subway, 119 O’Fallon Commons Drive – score 96
Observed person in charge without a basic sanitation or serv safe certification
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed fan guard heavily soiled in kitchen
Observed gasket in reach in cooler soiled
Observed soda nozzle outer attachment soiled
- Missouri Beer Company, 26 West Industrial Drive – score 100
- Little Guppy Child Development Center, 1078 Bryan Road – score 100
- The Sparrows Nest Maternity Home, 6730 Hickory Tree Lane – score 100
- Ozzie Smith Sports Complex, 1400 TR Hughes Boulevard – score 100
- Westhoff Park, 810 Sheppard Drive – score 100
- Bass Pro Shops, 1365 S Fifth Street – score 100
- Talayna’s World Class Pizza, 340 North Main Street – score 94
Found hood vents with accumulation of debris.
Found outsides of fryers with accumulation of debris and other equipment. Found shelving soiled and insides of cold holding equipment.
Found floors throughout with accumulation of debris. This includes floors under fryers and around pizza machine. This includes back room floors and walk in cooler floor.
Found some areas where floors are damaged. This includes damaged linoleum looking tile and paint that has worn off.
Found back room unorganized and some items not essential to function of the kitchen.
Found light intensity inadequate in kitchen. Consider LED bulbs in ballasts.
- Huck’s Convenience Store, 2875 St. Peters Howell Road – score 91
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED SOME FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT A 7 DAY DATE MARKING
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED TORN GASKET IN WALK IN COOLER DOOR
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED
OBSERVED FAN GUARDS IN WALK IN COOLER SOILED
OBSERVED TOASTER OVEN SOILED
- St. Charles Convention Center Cyber Cafe, General Concession, main kitchen, 1 Convention Center Plaza – all scored 100
- Paleteria La Michoacana, 1821 Boones Lick Road – score 72
Observed expired serve safe.
Food uncovered with the risk of cross-contamination 5(pnt) – Observed uncovered, cooked, ready to eat food (refried beans) in make table cooler. All cooked, ready to eat food shall be protected from cross contamination.
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – Observed food contact surfaces being sanitized with vinegar solution instead of chlorine or quat solution.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed items held in coolers not dated. All ready to eat PHF should be dated when removed from original container.
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – Observed thermometers missing from cold units.
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed weather sealant along back door not in good repair.
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Observed bread crumbs and cane sugar stored directly on the floor. Food should be stored at least 6 inches off the ground.
Observed license not posted for viewing.
Observed most recent inspection report not posted for public viewing.
- Paleteria La Michoacana, 1821 Boones Lick Road – follow up, in compliance
- Drury Plaza Hotel, 380 Mulholland Drive – score 100
- AMC Theatres Streets of St. Charles 8, 311 Lombard Street – score 100
- Domain Street Wine Bar, 3253 Rue Royale – score 94
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Found ice chute soiled.
Found shelving in reach in cooler soiled and with coating chipped with rust. Found inside of unit soiled. Found floors and drain for 3 compartment with accumulation.
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Unnecessary items for operation stored in back room. Remove and organize.
No permit posted for public viewing.
- Bella Vino, 325 South Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- Red Fish Blue Fish, 7 Hawks Nest Plaza – score 100
- Padavan’s NY, 3249 Rue Royale – score 93
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt) – Found bleach based sanitizer bucket made too strong. In excess of 200 ppm, bleached test strip. To remake bucket and use chlorine test strips to test concentration. Sanitizer bucket to be made at 100 ppm chlorine. Use color guide provided on strip container to match color and concentration.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Found non food contact surfaces soiled. This includes floors under and surrounding fryers. Increase frequency areas are cleaned.
Found dishracks with accumulation
- Friedens United Church of Christ, 1703 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- Sugarbot Sweet Shop, 4333 Jackson Street – score 100
- Fast Food Pantry, 1806 Boones Lick Road B – score 100
- Napoli III, 1450 Beale Street 105 – score 100
- Demolition Ball, 1875 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- Saullo’s Restaurant, 2778 Muegge Road – follow up, in compliance
- Grace Gospel Temple Church Kitchen, 2407 Droste Road – score 100
- St. John United Church of Christ, 405 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Whitmoor Country Club Club House, 1100 Whitmoor Drive – score 98
- Kids Academy, 6016 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 100
- Emmanuel United Church of Christ, 6210 South Highway 94 – score 100
- Meals by Richard at Montelle Winery, 201 Montelle Drive – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from October 2020:
- 7-Eleven Store, 6680 Mexico Road – score 98
- ABC Daycare & Learning Center, 4621 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Ace Sushi, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Applebee’s, 6170 Mid Rivers Mall Drive -s core 100
- Arby’s, 225 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Arby’s, 6086 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q, 6163 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Barnes Jewish St. Peters Hospital, 10 Hospital Drive – score 100
- Beer Sauce, 318 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 95 (Oct. 21), score 98 (Oct. 29)
- Bowlero, 8070 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Burger King, 1575 Jungermann Road – score 96
- Candyland Academy, 102 Birdie Hill Road – score 86
- Charley’s Philly Steaks, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1204 – score 100
- Child of God Lutheran School, 650 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Children’s Edu-Care Center/Academy, 100 Vantage Drive – score 100
- Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate, 6217 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Church Street Bar & Grill, 435 South Church Street – score 100
- Circle K, 6105 Mexico Road – score 98
- Coopers, 6632 Mexico Road – score 78 (Oct. 26), score 98 (Oct. 29)
- Country Club Car Wash, 4200 Mexico Road – score 98
- Crazy Sushi, 3348 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100