The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, May 9 – 15, 2018.
- IHOP, 10 Layla Lane – score 100
- Sunny Street Cafe, 1814 Wentzville Parkway Ste. A – follow up, in compliance
- White Castle, 1983 Wentzville Parkway – score 85
Self mixing water at all hand sinks 68 F. Mininum hot water temp for hand washing 100 F. Chemical sanitizer at dispenser and sanitizer buckets is non detectable by test strip. Quatinary Ammonia concentration should be maintained at manufacturers specs. Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak at 3 comp sink east compartment of sink. Discussed cleanliness of hand sink. Discussed cleanliness of equipment. Discussed washing of hands when changing tasks.
- White Castle, 1983 Wentzville Parkway – follow up, in compliance
- China Buffet, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard Ste. 124 – score 100
- Ruby Tuesday, 1218 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- The Prime Meat Company, 1004 Quartz Canyon Drive – score 98
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 8 Wentzville Center – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – PHFs out of date or not dated. Discussed hand washing at cooks station.
- St. Louis Bread Company, 1300 Highway K – score 100
- Subway, 619 North Main Street – score 98
- Dunkin Donuts, 1220 Highway K – score 100
- Orange Leaf Yogurt FroYo To-Go, 349 Winding Woods Drive – score 100
- Club Fitness, 2947 Highway K – score 95
- Sugarfire Smoke House, 9955 Winghaven Boulevard – score 98
- Soulard Gyro, 1280 Highway K – score 100
- Great Escape, 900 Caledonia Drive – score 100
- Kids Kingdom Christian Center, 2 Four Winds Drive – score 100
- Midtowne Market, bakery and grocery, 317 Hawthorne Avenue – both scored 100
- Midtowne Market, deli, 317 Hawthorne Avenue – score 98
- St. Charles Elks Lodge 690, 560 St. Peters Howell Road – score 96
SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – SINGLE SERVE UTENSILS STORED INCORRECTLY. HANDLES SHOULD FACE UP TO PREVENT CONTAMINATING LIP CONTACT SURFACE. (REPEAT VIOLATION). Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CEILING IN NEED OF REPAIR ACROSS FROM ICE MACHINE
- First Wok, 3748 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 93
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED SOME OF THE FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS. Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED EMPLOYEE PERSONAL ITEMS STORED IN THE KITCHEN AREA.
- McDonald’s, 1160 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Bogey Hills Country Club, 1120 Country Club Road – score 100
- El Caporal, 2265 First Capitol Drive – score 90
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION. PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED TEMPERATURES IN REACH IN PREP COOLER AT 62 DEGREES.
- China House Buffet, 1325 Bass Pro Drive – score 95
TCS/POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS FOOD FOUND WITHOUT PROPER LABELING TO INDICATE DATE PREPARED OR FOOD ITEM. IF HELD FOR OVER 24 HOURS, ITEMS MUST BE DATED/LABELED. DISCUSSED SAVING OF CARDBOARD, DRY BULK CONTAINERS CLEANING FREQUENCY
- Green China Restaurant, 2148 First Capitol Drive – score 94
Aluminum foil or contact paper covering shelves 2(pnt) – OBSERVED CARDBOARD COVERING DRY STORAGE SHELVES IN KITCHEN. SURFACES MUST BE SMOOTH, NON ABSORBENT, AND EASILY CLEANABLE. REMOVE. OBSERVED #10 CANS BEING SAVED AND REUSED FOR FOOD STORAGE. ONCE CAN IS OPENED, RELOCATE REMAINDER OF ITEM TO A FOOD GRADE/SAFE CONTAINER AND DISCARD CAN. DISCONTINUE RE-USE OF CANS. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED FLOORS BEHIND ROASTING OVEN WITH ACCUMULATION OF DEBRIS. OBSERVED AIR VENTS IN KITCHEN WITH DUST/DEBRIS AND BLOWING ONTO SURROUNDING CEILING TILES. OBSERVED MECHANICAL VENTS IN RESTROOMS WITH BUILDUP OF DEBRIS. CLEAN AREAS AT INCREASED FREQUENCY TO PREVENT ACCUMULATION. OBSERVED HOOD VENTS ON RIGHT PORTION WITH ACCUMULATION OF GREASE/DEBRIS. REMOVE TO CLEAN AT INCREASED FREQUENCY. OBSERVED SINGLE ACOUSTIC CEILING TILE IN KITCHEN AREA. CEILING TILES MUST BE SMOOTH, NON ABSORBENT, AND EASILY CLEANABLE.
PF Chang’s China Bistro, 400 Lombard Street – score 86
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SODA NOZZLE AREA SOILED. PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED TEMPERATURES AT PANTRY COOLER AT 47 DEGREES. Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED TIME AS A CONTROL NOT BEING USED FOR SUSHI RICE. SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SINGLE USE ITEMS STORED IN GARBAGE ROOM
- Gingham’s Homestyle Restaurant, 1881 Sherman Drive – score 100
- Bright Start Academy, 157 Hughes Lane – score 100
- Frenchtown Deli and Catering Co, 1312 North Second Street R – score 100
- Taco Bell, 2203 Droste Road – score 100
- Hog’s Haus Sports Bar and Grill, 810 O’Fallon Road – score 96
OBSERVED SHELVING IN WALK IN COOLER IN NEED OF REPAIR. SHELVING IS STARTING TO RUST AND PAINT IS PEELING. SURFACES SHOULD BE SMOOLTH AND EASILY CLEANABLE. OBSERVED SOME OF THE WALLS AND CEILING TILES IN KITCHEN SOILED.
- Sunisa’s Thai Restaurant, 6057 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Stone Soup Cottage, 5809 Highway N – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following scores are from April 2018:
- Applebee’s, 6170 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Arby’s, 6086 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Aunt B’s at Menard’s, 151 Spencer Road – score 100
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 2120 – score 100
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q, 6163 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q, 4155 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Big Lots, 5881 Suemandy Road – score 100
- The Brick Oven, 84 Spencer – score 96
- Burger King, 399 Main Street – score 100
- Cakes by Georgia, 7338 Mexico Road – score 100
- Casa Tequila, 1287 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Chili’s Grill & Bar, 101 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 98
- China King, 919 Jungermann Road – score 91
- Costco club demonstration services, bakery, deli, meat/seafood, snack bar, 200 Costco Way – all scored 100
- Cork & Barrel Chop House and Spirits, 7337 Mexico Road – score 98
- Country Club Express Wash, 6280 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- CVS Pharmacy, 400 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- CVS Pharmacy, 1749 Woodstone Drive – score 100