The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the weeks of May 15 – 21, 2019.
- Chimi’s Fresh Mex, 8 Wentzville Center – score 100
- St. Vincent/St. Patrick Food Pantry, 230 West Fourth Street – score 100
- Bandana’s BarBQ, 1 Ruggeri Drive – score 100
- Mobil on the Run, 42 West Highway N – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Show Me Donuts, 52 Toucan Drive – score 100
- Gas N Shop, 100 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 93
No soap at sink 5(pnt)
drainage a 2 refrigeration units inside the walk in cooler are dripping water due to either a leak or accumulation of condensation. These drainage systems should not drip liquid.
- Tumbleweeds, 6127 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 6125 Ronal Reagan Drive – score 100
- Boardwalk Subs, 2758 Highway K – score 93
Metered faucet does not provide water for at least 15 seconds 2(pnt) – Observed hand sink with plumbing in disrepair. Establishment is using the sink next to the original hand sink until fixed.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed condensation coming from the casing located at the front of the store. Service equipment so that there is no leaking.
- Susie G’s Specialty Cakes, 2679 Highway K – score 100
- City of O’Fallon O’Day Lodge, 1100 O’Day Park Drive – score 100
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 905 Caledonia Drive – score 90
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no soap at handwash sink near employee restroom and no towels at handwash sink by serving station.
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed reach-in drawers under grill were over 41 degrees (beef at 53, cheese at 57). Thermometer inside unit was broken, and the exterior reading on the unit said 53. Food was removed.
Discussed Gap on back door (install bottom sweep), Light bulb on True upright by walkin, Clean – ice machine, fan grate on True by walkin, Rusty shelves
- First Wok, 3748 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 93
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no towels at handwash sink. Towels were restocked at time of inspection.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed grease/dust on the back shelves by sink, near cookline, microwave on back prep table, walkin fan grates.
- Big T Deli, 1322 North Main Street – score 91
Unable to observe posted current food safety manager certification
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Hand sink to be used for hand washing only.
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Reach in refrigerator north wall accumulating moisture in lower compartment.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed ice machine and ice bin walls in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
Discussed Hand washing should occur with glove change. Hand towels should be adjacent to hand sink. A minimum basic, non expired, sanitation certification for manager on duty should be posted and available for viewing. Date marking should be updated as food items are renewed.
- 88 China, 1326 Sunburst Drive – score 100
- Tropical Ice Company, 630 Castlebrook Drive – score 100
- St. Louis Bread Company, 1300 Highway K – score 100
- Alligator’s Creek Aquatic Center, 305 Civic Park Drive – score 100
- Twin Oaks Estate, 707 Emge Road – score 100
- Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, 3023 Highway K – score 93
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager. This is a repeat violation. Risk-based 3 facility: At least one MANAGER (on or off duty) shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety and all other MANAGER(S) shall have attended the Department’s Basic Food Safety Certification (or a pre-approved substitution).
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers in the food preparation area. This is a repeat violation. Observed gaskets with excessive food accumulation and debris. Maintain equipment in good condition.
Repeat violations for no Food Manager Certificate and gaskets. Note repeat violations are subject to 8-304.22 PERMIT REVOCATION. The Health Department may revoke or refuse to renew a permit when an establishment has repeated or continual violations of the code.
Smoking signage provided to establishment – to be placed on front door.
- Stone Soup Cottage, 5809 Highway N – score 100
- Sunisa’s Thai Restaurant, 6057 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 91
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager on site during the inspection. This is a repeat violation. Risk 4 Establishments must have someone food certified on staff at all times during open hours.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – (1) Observed torn gaskets on reach in cooler in kitchen across from the grill. (2) Observed leak coming from the stove top and dripping water onto the ground. Maintain equipment in good condition.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed excessive accumulation of grease on vent hoods.
- St. Charles Community College Food Service, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Craving the Curls Rolled Ice Cream, 215 North Main Street – score 100
- Waffle House, 301 Little Hills Industrial Boulevard – score 95
Observed most recent health inspection not printed and posted for public viewing.
Chlorine (bleach) sanitizer buckets being used. Not currently set up, mixed to 100 ppm chlorine as indicated by chlorine test strips.
- St. Charles Optimist Club, P.O. Box 234 – score 100
- Green China Restaurant, 2148 First Capitol Drive – score 91
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no hand soap at rear handsink in kitchen. Corrected by adding pump soap container.
Observed handwashing sink in rear with soiled faucet head and water handles. Require cleaning at increased frequency to prevent buildup. Observed air vents in men’s and women’s restroom with accumulation of dust. Walls and ceilings in close proximity also found with dust. Observed air vents in kitchen with accumulation of dust. Observed floors throughout kitchen with accumulation of debris and grease.
Areas most notable include: Behind tall oven/roaster. Under wok line next to oven/roaster and floor drain in that area. Under 3 compartment sink and along baseboards/coving in this location. Under dry shelving unit.
All areas to be cleaned at increased frequency to prevent grease and debris buildup.
- Lyons Frozen Custard, 2309 Elm Street – score 100
- Frenchtown Deli & Catering Co., 1312 North Second Street – score 100
- El Rancho Nuevo, 1644 Country Club Plaza Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Smooth King, 3784 Elm Street – score 100
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 100 North Main Street – score 93
Bare hands contact with RTE food 5(pnt)
Observed bare hand contact with croissant for chicken salad sandwich. Food code prohibits bare hand contact with any ready to eat foods. Item discarded. Gloves to be worn when dealing with ready to eat foods. Hands to be washed before applying gloves.
Torn curtains or leaky door seals on machines 2(pnt) – Found gaskets on multiple cold holding units torn and in poor repair.
- Composition LLC, 323 North Main Street – score 98
- Early Childhood Prop School, 1530 Country Club Plaza Drive – score 100
- Sugarfire Smokehouse, 3150 Elm Point Industrial Drive – score 100
- Best Western Plus, 1425 South Fifth Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from February 2019
- Saints Joachim & Ann Care Service, 4116 McClay Road – score 100
- Scooter’s Coffee, 322 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Shamrocks Pub N Grill, 4177 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Smoothie King, 4867 Mexico Road – score 100
- Snow Factory 2, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1210 – score 83 (Feb. 7), score 98 (Feb. 14)
- St. Louis Bread Co., 6185 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- St. Peters Elementary YClub, 400 McMenamy Road – score 100
- St. Peters Manor Care Center, 230 Spencer Road – score 94
- Steak N Shake, 5885 Suemandy Drive – score 91 (Feb. 7), score 86 (Feb. 19)
- Stefanina’s Express, 652 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Stumpy’s House of Bar-B-Que, 620 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Subway, 272 Mid Rivers Center – score 100
- Subway, 1661 Jungermann Road – score 95 (Feb. 15), score 100 (Feb. 25)
- The Peanut Gang Learning Center, 551 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Third Wheel Brewing, 4008 North Service Road – score 98
- Vetta West, 1330 Harvstowne Industrial Drive – score 100
- Viet-Thai, 3899 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Village of St. Peters Memory Care, 5300 Executive Centre Parkway – score 100
- Wendy’s, 1676 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Youth In Need, 417 South Church Street – score 100