The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of April 24 – 30, 2019.
- Quality Inn, 12 Highway W – score 100
- Hope Learning Center, 9 Love Park Lane – score 100
- Bob Evans Restaurant, 3001 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Sakura Hibachi & Sushi, 1119 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Taco Bell, 1139 West Pearce Boulevard – score 98
- Not Jaded, 2 West Main Street – score 100
- 54th Street Grill, 1897 Wentzville Parkway – score 91
Employees eating, drinking, or using tobacco 2(pnt) – Employees not to eat in kitchen / not to store personal food in prep areas.
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Cl- presence in dish machine rinse water not detectable.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – inside of equipment to be maintained clean. Microwaves and ice bin.
Hair / Beard restraints to be worn by employees prepping food. Watches and facial jewelry not to be worn by employees prepping food. Current food permit and current inspection to be posted. Hand sinks only to be used for hand washing.
- Wentzville Senior Community, 110 Perry Cate Boulevard – score 100
- Rural King, 15190 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- American Food & Vending GM Main Kitchen, 1500 Highway A – score 98
- Lulu’s Shaved Ice, 904 Main Plaza Drive – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Cottages of Lake Saint Louis, Ava’s Cottage, Ella’s Cottage, Harper’s Cottage, Kris’s Cottage, Betty’s Cottage, Grace’s Cottage, 2885 Technology Drive – all scored 100
- Hope Montessori Educational Institute, 1799 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Green China, 1317 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 98
- The Grotto Grill, 5074 Highway P – score 100
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 100 Comfort Inn Court – score 100
- Abbey Senior Health, 206 North Main Street – score 100
- The Scrambler House, 1322 Sunburst Drive – score 94
Non-food grade materials used for food storage 2(pnt) – BLUE CONTAINERS USED FOR FOOD STORAGE IN 3 DOOR REACH IN COOLER MEET THE DEFINITION FOR “SINGLE-USE ARTICLES” AND ARE NOT TO BE RE-USED FOR FOOD STORAGE.
REPLACE WITH Durable, CORROSION-RESISTANT, and nonabsorbent CONTAINERS. MUST BE Sufficient in weight and thickness to withstand repeated WAREWASHING.
OBSERVED FOOD ACCUMULATION ON INSIDE OF COOLING UNITS, MOST NOTABLY COKE MERCHANDISE COOLER. OBSERVED GREASE AND FOOD ACCUMULATION ON OUTSIDE OF GAS GRILL AND INSIDE DRIP PAN TO SAME UNIT. CLEAN AREAS AT INCREASED FREQUENCY TO PREVENT BUILDUP.
OBSERVED DEBRIS ACCUMULATION BEHIND COKE MERCHANDISE COOLER IN KITCHEN. OBSERVED DEBRIS, FOOD/GREASE ACCUMULATION BEHIND COOKING LINE AND UNDER COOKING EQUIPMENT ON LINE. CLEAN AREAS AT INCREASED FREQUENCY TO PREVENT BUILDUP.
- Schnuck’s retail, 3029 Highway K – score 98
- Schnuck’s seafood, 3029 Highway K – score 98
- Schnuck’s bakery, 3029 Highway K – score 93
Observed no Basic Food Safety Certified personnel present in the department during the inspection. Risk-based 2 facility: ALL MANAGER(S) shall have attended the Department’s Basic Food Safety Certification (or pre-approved, department certified substitution). A nationally recognized certification for food safety can substitute for the Basic Food Safety Certification.
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt) – Observed 0 PPM Quat strength in spray bottle located in the three compartment sink area. This was fixed on site by the store manager.
- Schnuck’s salad bar, 3029 Highway K – score 88
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed Olives with Feta cheese at a temperature of 56 degrees in their olive bar. This was immediately thrown away by the manager on site.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed expired salad dressings on display at the salad bar (6 dressings expired). These items were immediately taken off the salad bar.
SS articles handled, dispensed or displayed improperly 2(pnt) – Observed single service spoons at the salad bar stored in different directions. All single service utensils should be stored in the same direction.
- Schnuck’s deli, 3029 Highway K – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed ready to eat food items in the reach in cooler not dated (bean dips, macaroni salad, etc.). This was corrected on site.
- Trigg Banquet Center, 300 O’Fallon Plaza – score 100
- Friar Tuck, 4635 Highway K – score 100
- Wendy’s, 4210 Highway K – score 100
- Marco’s Pizza, 8201 Mexico Road Ste. 2 – score 96
Observed no one on site with a Basic Food Safety Certification. Risk-based 3 facility: At least one MANAGER (on or off duty) shall have a nationally recognized certification for food safety and all other MANAGER(S) shall have attended the DepartmentÃƒÂ¢??s Basic Food Safety Certification (or a pre-approved substitution).
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers throughout pizza preparation area.
- Applebee’s, 1377 Highway K – score 100
- Two Shamrocks Public House, 3449 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 100
- True Manufacturing, 2001 East Terra Lane – score 100
- Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar, 217 South Main Street – score 98
- Primrose School at Winghaven, 7778 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Bebe Liz Gourmet Desserts, 412 Boones Lick Road – score 100
- Padavan’s NY, 3249 Rue Royale – score 92
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Found door leading outside (back exit) to have unprotected opening on bottom right corner.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving in walk in cooler with accumulation of debris. Clean units at increased frequency to prevent buildup. Observed gypsum walls/dry walls with damage behind dishmachine and under 3 compartment sink. Observed gypsum/dry walls damaged near pizza prep location and throughout kitchen.
Found debris accumulation on walls and floor to right of gas range. Found debris accumulation in corner to left of pizza oven and behind all cooking equipment.
Insufficient lighting 2(pnt) – Observed light intensity in kitchen to be 10-15 foot candles. Required to be 50 foot candles.
- Sun made Tex-Mex, 873 Jungs Station Road – score 100
- Doodle Bug Learning Center, 1400 Britain Way – score 100
- Heart of St. Charles Banquet Center, 1410 South Fifth Street – score 92
Observed mold-like substance on walls and ceiling of lower level walk in cooler. Observed mold-like substance on top of ice chute on ice maker located in upstairs south. Observed outsides of cooking equipment upstairs main kitchen with accumulation of debris. Clean all areas at increased frequency to prevent buildup
Observed leak in 2 compartment sink faucet in main kitchen. Observed water drip from ceiling tile opening, dripping off duct work. Filter installed incorrectly. Work order in place to be corrected.
Observed debris accumulation on floors throughout in main kitchen. Areas most notable include in corner under #10 can rack and behind and under cooking equipment. Clean all areas at increased frequency to prevent accumulation.
Observed light intensity in main kitchen to be 5-10 foot candles. Required to be 50 foot candles. Repeat violation. Found lower level walk in cooler with no functioning light source. Intensity required to be 10 foot candles.
Found non operational light bulb in lower level walk in cooler not shielded. Provide protective cover or install shatter resistant bulb.
- Smashburger, 1981 Zumbehl Road – follow up
OBSERVED NO HOT WATER AT 2 HANDSINKS. MANAGER SAID THAT PLUMBER WILL BE OUT MONDAY.
OBSERVED FOODS IN FRY CART WERE MOVED TO REACH IN COOLER AND EGG WASH IS ICED AND ESTABLISHMENT IS USING TIME AS A CONTROL. MANAGER SAID THAT A NEW FRY CART WAS ORDERED ON 4/25/19.
- King Edward’s Fried Chicken, 1201 South Duchesne Drive – score 98
- St. Charles Convention Center Cyber Cafe, 1 Convention Center Plaza – score 98
- St. Charles Convention Center General Concession, 1 Convention Center Plaza -score 98
- Comfort Suites, 1400 South Fifth Street – score 98
- Harvester Residential Care, 35 Lillian Drive – score 98
- Little Caesar’s, 425 Droste Road – score 90
OBSERVED NUMEROUS FRUIT FLIES BY MOP SINK
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED RACK HOLDING DISHES SOILED. OBSERVED RACK HOLDING BOXES OF PIZZA SAUCE SOILED. OBSERVED WALLS AND FLOOR IN KITCHEN AND IN WALK IN COOLER SOILED
OBSERVED WALL IN NEED OF REPAIR ACROSS FROM 3 COMPARTMENT SINK
OBSERVED THAT 2019 HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED
- TGI Fridays, 2000 South First Capitol Drive – score 90
No hot water at Handwash sink (at least 100° F) 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO HOT WATER AT HANDSINK IN KITCHEN
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER TEMPERATURES AT 57 DEGREES
- Super 8, 3040 West Clay Street – score 100
- Dierberg’s deli, 2021 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Bento Sushi Bar at Dierberg’s, 2021 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Dierberg’s seafood, 2021 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Signature India, 1617 Bryan Road – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 6000 South Highway 94 – score 88
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER AND REACH IN COOLER WITHOUT 7 DAY DATE MARKINGS
Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – OBSERVED TIME AS A CONTROL NOT BEING USED FOR MAYO, BACON AND EGGS
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED MICROWAVE SOILED. OBSERVED HOLDING CABINETS SOILED. OBSERVED CEILING VENTS SOILED. OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED. OBSERVED GREASE BUILD UP ON SHELF UNDER GRILL
- Jack in the Box, 6000 South Highway 94 – follow up, in compliance
- Sacred Groundz, 39 Clarksburg Court – score 100
- Persimmon Woods Golf Club, 6401 Weldon Spring Road – score 100
- Cecil Whittaker’s Pizza, 1017 Wolfrum Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from February 2019
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, 6123 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Nutrition Stop, 4101 Mexico Road Ste. K – score 100
- Oberweis Dairy, 7090 Mexico Road – score 100
- O’Charley’s, 3975 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- Papa John’s Pizza, 4171 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza, 571 Mid Rivers mall Drive – score 96
- Patty’s Catering Service, 2129 Parkway Drive – score 100
- Pirrone’s Pizza, 299 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 7315 Mexico Road – score 94
- Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits, 1640 Jungermann Road – score 100
- Pretzel Stop, 1650 Jungermann Road – score 100