The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of January 23 – 29, 2019.
- Bandana’s BBQ, 1 Ruggeri Drive – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Tyke Town Developmental Center, 2240 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 6125 Ronal Reagan Drive – score 100
- Tumbleweeds, 6127 Ronal Reagan Drive – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirt/debris on the shelves of the walk-in cooler, the lip on the ice machine (and the machine filter), and the fan in the reach-in cooler.
2019 Food Establishment license was not posted. Submit license renewal and license fee immediately.
- Donatelli’s Bistro, 8653 Highway N – score 98
- Denny’s Restaurant, 1300 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- A Little Bit of Hobo’s, 468 Highway P – score 100
- No 1 Chinese Restaurant, 39 O’Fallon Square – follow up
All previous violations have been corrected including soap provided at the hand sink, no eggs observed in room temperature, dates provided for food items in walk in cooler, correct thawing procedures observed, torn gaskets have been replaced, vent hoods have been cleaned, and caulking on handsink has been corrected.
- VFW Post 5077, 8500 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dark build up on the outer rim of the ice machine. This should be cleaned regularly.
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed a small leak behind the stove.
- PS&J Professional Baseball Club, 900 TR Hughes Boulevard – score 100
- The Landing of O’Fallon, 1000 Landing Circle – score 95
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOODS IN WALK IN COOLER WITHOUT A 7 DAY DATE MARKING
- 88 China, 1326 Sunburst Drive – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gasket on the reach in cooler in the kitchen.
Observed pineapple stored in an aluminum can in the reach in cooler. Acidic food items should not be stored in aluminum cans in refrigeration units.
Vent hood dirty 2(pnt) – Observed vent hoods with built up grease. These should be cleaned regularly.
Establishment is operating without a 2019 Food Establishment license.
- Smoothie King, 4765 Highway N – score 98
- Little Caesar’s, 4765 Highway N – score 89
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the reach in cooler and stand up walk in cooler.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving with built up food residue holding clean containers. Shelves should be cleaned regularly.
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – 1. Observed a pile up of boxes in the back by the door. Boxes should be thrown out immediately after deliveries to avoid unnecessary clutter/litter. 2. Observed Dark residue along the three compartment sink that needs re-caulking. This is a repeat violation.
Observed no recent inspection report posted in the front of the establishment.
- Motomart, 1020 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Pizza Hut Wing Street, 3793 New Town Boulevard – score 98
- Stefanina’s Express, 3831 Elm Street – score 84
No one at time of inspection had a food safety (basic or CFM) certificate available. Certificate was produced after for someone who was certified but had called in sick.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – Observed RTE meats and other items in prep coolers without date marking. Date mark all ready-to-eat potentially hazardous foods.
Improper storage of toxics 5(pnt) – Observed insect spray and floor cleaner over bags of wheat/flour. Also observed bottle of sanitizer on the prep reach-in cooler. Store all toxics to prevent contamination with food.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirty floors in cook line, fryer, and along reach-in prep cooler. Clean and maintain all surfaces.
- Windsor Estates, 2150 West Randolph Street – score 100
- 77 Bistro at Windsor Estates, 2150 West Randoph Street – score 100
- McDonald’s, 1160 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Guerilla Street Food at Two Plumbers, 2236 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- McDonald’s, 1890 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Pio’s Restaurant and Lounge, 401 First Capitol Drive – score 100
- Massa’s Italian Grill, 3761 New Town Boulevard – follow up, in compliance
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant, 2057 Zumbehl Road – follow up, in compliance
- El Agave, 3823 Elm Street – score 88
Employees eating, drinking, or using tobacco 2(pnt) – Observed cough syrup in kitchen, cough drops in cooler, jackets on storage shelf. Separate all employee items from those items used as part of the food establishment.
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Observed handwash sink in kitchen and by dishwash station both without supply of soap. Also ensure handwash sink in bar has soap/towels conveniently located for use.
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Observed prep cooler in cook line out of temperature. Foods in the top reach-in area and the lower part were between 50-60 deg F.
- Embassy Suites, Cyprus Kitchen main, 2 Convention Center Plaza – score 93
Raw meats above RTE food 5(pnt) – OBSERVED RAW BEEF STORED READY TO EAT FOODS IN SMALL KITCHEN
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED BOTTOM OF BREAD PANS SOILED IN SMALL KITCHEN. OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER SHELVING SOILED IN SMALL KITCHEN
- Big A’s on the Riverfront, 308 North Main Street – score 98
- Cracker Barrel, 901 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 93
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBERVED DISHWASHER NOT HEAT SANTIZING
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED ABOVE 3 COMPARTMENT SINK. OBSERVED PREP COOLER SHELVING SOILED. OBSERVED WALK IN COOLER SHELF SOILED. OBSERVED WALL SOILED ABOVE PREP SINK STATION
- Cracker Barrel, 901 Veterans Memorial Parkway – follow up
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED DISHWASHER VIOLATION HAS NOT BEEN CORRECTED, ESTABLISHMENT IS WAITING ON PARTS. ESTABLISHMENT WILL USE 3 COMPARTMENT SINK FOR SANITIZING
- Sucrose, 700 South Fifth Street – score 100
- American Legion Post 312, 2500 Raymond Drive – score 100
- Cecil Whittakers, 2418 West Clay Street unit B – score 81
Owner has serve safe but on duty person needs basic sanitation when serve safe employee not on duty.
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Rear hand sink blocked and not available.
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt) – RTE and TCS foods to be date marked and disposed of after 7 days or if food becomes adulterated.
Improper storage of toxics 5(pnt) – Chemicals not to be stored on food prep surface.
Ice bin at soda dispenser leaking resulting in water on floor
Walk in cooler shelves and walls and blower in need of cleaning.
- Pangea, 3245-1 Rue Royale – score 100
- St. Joseph Hospital, 300 First Capitol Drive – score 98
- Spiros St. Charles, 2275 Bluestone Drive – score 98
- Rosciglione Bakery, 2265 Bluestone Drive – score 100
- Roux Royale, 3331 Rue Royale – score 95
Found dishmachine with sanitizer container empty. Container changed but unable to run machine. Will follow up on Friday to verify correction.
- His and Hers BBQ, 7827 Highway N Ste. 101 – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from December 2018:
- 7-Eleven Store, 6680 Mexico Road – score 100
- Applebee’s, 6170 Mid Rives Mall Drive – score 100
- Arby’s, 225 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 94
- Arby’s, 6086 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Aro-Mart, 3655 Highway 94S – score 100
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 2120 – score 100
- Banana’s Bar-B-Q, 6163 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Big Lots, 5881 Suemandy Road – score 100
- Blaze Pizza, 5246 North Service Road – score 98
- The Brick Oven, 84 Spencer – score 92
- Burger King, 399 Main Street – score 100
- Burger King, 1575 Jungermann Road – score 93 (Dec. 4), score 98 (Dec. 14)
- Burger King, 4199 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 89 (Dec. 10), score 79 (Dec. 21), score 94 (Dec. 27)